No heat In footwell

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Theantony

No heat In footwell

Post by Theantony »

I’m not getting or very little hot air through my foot well outlets. The lever on the dash is working but is a bit stiff. The fan blower has started to whistle but I presume that’s a bit of grease.
plip1953

Re: No heat In footwell

Post by plip1953 »

I have to admit that I've never had occasion to take apart the heater control unit. However, I think I'm most likely correct in suggesting that the various flaps that direct air to the screen, face and footwell are all mechanical ie controlled via rods and levers via the facia sliders. That being so it suggests you must have a problem with the relevant rod(s) and/or lever(s) that operate the footwell function. Not very helpful. I know, but that's what seems most likely!

The whistling noise it interesting. I'm sure I've encountered this, but only when I have all three sliders at or close to the fully closed positions. With the blower on a relatively fast setting have you tried closing off the screen and face sliders and then seeing what happens when you move the footwell slider? Does the whistling stop, reduce or stay the same? And is the footwell airflow restriction/reduction on one or both sides?
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi