Sensitive to fuel pressure.....

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sensitive to fuel pressure.....

Post by sharkfan »

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share an experience with you. I'd taken my late '82 (E28 based) 635 to my friendly mechanics for upper control arm changes' and a pre-winter waxoyl.

Whilst underneath they noticed a slight weep from the fuel pipe - I don't know whether supply or return - but nothing that was gushing/squirting/flooding out. There had been no evidence on the drive or noticeable smells, and there was just a small damp patch around the site.

They tried initially to fix the site but quickly discovered general pipe corrosion from pump to engine bay so replaced the whole lot with thick plastic from front to back. Upon re-starting the slightly un-even idle I'd been increasingly experiencing and not got around to investigating had gone. The idle from cold was good, strong and stable.

I don't know if other folks have experienced this level of sensitivity from the fuel system but I'd thought I'd share it with you.

HTH, Sharkfan :twisted: