Engine bay parts off for refurbing! Before pics....

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Engine bay parts

Post by ron »

Still think it looks better with the lines and logo scraped and polished.
bfons

Post by bfons »

Thumbs up guys!

Nothing looks better than a dressed up engine bay. Especially if that engine is an M30 sitting in a 6!

I am removing a few parts today to get done.

8)
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
UKDaveJ

To strip or not to strip!

Post by UKDaveJ »

Nice pics Ron!

I do like what you've done with cam cover, I'm still in two minds as to whether to strip my stripes back. Although, I know that I can change my mind at any time.

How long did it take you to strip the stripes then Ron?

Any tips for those that attempt this in the future?

Dave 8)
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

using a dremmel multi tool you can strip the stripes in about 15 minuites. You can come around and borrow mine if you want dave.
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Sohlman wrote:using a dremmel multi tool you can strip the stripes in about 15 minuites. You can come around and borrow mine if you want dave.
LOL, thats the benefit of only living 5mins from you James...!! :lol:

Thanks mate, I have one of those things....., somewhere in the garage!

Dave 8)
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Engine bay parts

Post by ron »

I used a 1" abrapad and fine discs and then polished with very fine scotchbrite and alloy polish.Total time for stripes and logo about 15 mins. As an afterthought I had the 4 spring-clips and the battery hold down plate and L-shaped bolt chrome plated.Looks nice!!
UKDaveJ

Re: Engine bay parts

Post by UKDaveJ »

ron wrote:I used a 1" abrapad and fine discs and then polished with very fine scotchbrite and alloy polish.Total time for stripes and logo about 15 mins. As an afterthought I had the 4 spring-clips and the battery hold down plate and L-shaped bolt chrome plated.Looks nice!!
Maybe I can send some bits to you for chroming then ron?!
My spring clips look a bit crap now....

Dave 8)
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bits

Post by ron »

Dave,.Regds.Ron. I've got some spare clips.I'll get them chromed and send them to you.
UKDaveJ

Re: Bits

Post by UKDaveJ »

ron wrote:Dave,.Regds.Ron. I've got some spare clips.I'll get them chromed and send them to you.
Bloody good of you Ron! I have two 6'ers without chrome clips, just in case you have sufficient for chroming there, otherwise I'll post some to you?

Dave :D
joe

engine bay

Post by joe »

credit to you dave, mine is desperate, the black effect is smart and tidy. 8)
UKDaveJ

FAO James Sohl - Sohlman

Post by UKDaveJ »

James,

I'm posting like this because you don't seem to be picking up PM's....?!

Your cam cover should be done this week in crackle black as per your request.
They were surprised that it was just the cam cover & not the airbox bits as well, but I explained you were working on a super whizz-bang induction system that would negate the need for such an airbox!

I've also dropped in my fan motor cover 'scuttle' plates off both my 6'ers to be done in the same effect! Should look good I reckon.

Cheers,

Dave 8)
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Your a superstar Dave.

Don't know why the private messenger is not working, i have not recieved anything.

Next time i see my mechanic i will try and get a late model M30 air intake as he has a couple lying around and i will get this done. Looks like it's a bit hard to get these off when the engine is in the car.

I'm quite excited now.

Yipeee
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

Sohlman wrote:Your a superstar Dave.
I know, but you are kind! :wink:
Don't know why the private messenger is not working, i have not recieved anything.
Is your inbox full? I had this problem before, it seems if it is then you don't receive PM's...... :roll:

Next time i see my mechanic i will try and get a late model M30 air intake as he has a couple lying around and i will get this done. Looks like it's a bit hard to get these off when the engine is in the car.
I'm quite excited now.
Yipeee
Little things & all that..... :lol: :wink:
I'd like to see the air intake done, that would look excellent! :D

Am sure your's will look as good as the rest done so far!

Dave 8)
sohlman

Post by sohlman »

Dave, I only have three messages in my inbox, and it says i have about 80% left free.
UKDaveJ

Nothing quite like filling a box is there.......! Ahem

Post by UKDaveJ »

Sohlman wrote:Dave, I only have three messages in my inbox, and it says i have about 80% left free.
Ah, strange then?!
I've had to purge mine quite a few times as it kept getting full, some of the tech stuff & member contacts details are all kept in my 'savebox'.
Dave 8)