Power steering reservoir filter.

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Has anyone ever changed the micronic filter in the bottom of the power steering reservoir? I can't find any reference to it in the various manuals that I've got and I can't find any part number for the reservoir on the parts CD.There is a picture of it on dia.no.34-0294 but it's reference only.Any help gratefuuly received.Thanks.Ron.
UKDaveJ

Re: Power steering reservoir filter.

Post by UKDaveJ »

ron wrote:Has anyone ever changed the micronic filter in the bottom of the power steering reservoir? I can't find any reference to it in the various manuals that I've got and I can't find any part number for the reservoir on the parts CD.There is a picture of it on dia.no.34-0294 but it's reference only.Any help gratefuuly received.Thanks.Ron.
Do I take it by your question ron that you think yours should be changed?

Or are you just curious?

Dave 8)
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Power steeringT

Post by ron »

The reason I'm asking is that I've just stripped a spare reservoir and removed the filter prior to it going for zinc plating.Any joy on my parts yet? Later.Ron.
dragonsurfa

Post by dragonsurfa »

G'day Ron !
How are you ? Hope all is well.Mate I had a look in my parts ETK.Am not sure whether you actually meant the power steering fluid filter cartridge or the actual mesh oil strainer so here are the parts numbers for both.Filter Cartridge Filter No. : - 32 41 1 128 167
Oil Strainer part No. : - 32 41 1 128 928
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

G'day blue, Thanks for the info.Must update my parts CD.Regds.Ron.
UKDaveJ

Re: Power steeringT

Post by UKDaveJ »

ron wrote:The reason I'm asking is that I've just stripped a spare reservoir and removed the filter prior to it going for zinc plating.Any joy on my parts yet? Later.Ron.
Didn't get a chance to call into them today, but will either pop in or call them tomorrow. They may have already done your bits & posted them back, then they'd just let me know what the bill would be inc p&p.

Will give you a ring either way!

Dave 8)