Fuel Pump eletrical supply

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuel Pump eletrical supply

Post by sharkfan »

Hi,

I'm going to install a fuel pump power supply interrupt as part of an immobiliser; I'm probably going to site the interrupt point underneath the rear seat; can anyone tell me which colour wires run to the fuel pump?

KC Ron Carter - are you the guy that can post all those fab electrical diagrams?

Many thanks in advance.

Sharkfan.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuel pump wiring

Post by ron »

ScottAndrews

Post by ScottAndrews »

That link goes nowhere.
S
Taylor '85 635 CSiA 5 sp

Post by Taylor '85 635 CSiA 5 sp »

Here's another link that works. But earliest model covered seems to be 1987.
http://www.autolib.diakom.ru:8001/CAR/B ... 0DIAGRAMS/

When you say you want to install an 'immobilizer' do you mean what we N. Americans would call a 'kill switch' ; that is , an anti theft set up that requires the driver to activate some combination of in cabin switches (say the hazard lights & the a/c button) to override ?

If I was going to do that I would just put the interrupt on the crankshaft position sensor plug. It's right there at the back top of the motor and much easier to get at than the fuel pump wiring. Or maybe the main or fuel pump relays for the same reason. Disabling the main relay would also have the advantage that it would prevent the car from even being cranked and save yr battery from being killed dead by repeated efforts by the thief to start the car.[/url]
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuel pump wiring

Post by ron »

Thanks for that link.I don't know why the one I posted doesn't link.It still comes up from my favourites menu but with a warning that I am looking at it illegally!!! The one just posted is easier to read anyway. A very merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone on the site.Ron.
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Thanks for the autolib link, everything I needed was there.

I always opt for a fuel pump switch because it's hidden away, it's simple to fit, it's simple to revert, and ultimately 100 per cent effective.

The simpler things are, the less likely they are to bite your ass.

Cheers.

Sharkfan.