My second 6er: steal of a deal

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ScottyK

Re: My second 6er: steal of a deal

Post by ScottyK »

hornhospital wrote:You did something I wish I'd done my entire driving life (51+ years). You took photos of your vehicles. I have very few pictures of the 30-some-odd cars I've owned. :(
https://goo.gl/images/ytLKqM
RG500NOR

Post by RG500NOR »

Very interesting array of cars! You are defo not limited to a brand or type of cars. Saw you have had some cool VAG cars too. I also a had Passat 2.8- 30V 4 motion as a daily driver once. I now have a RS2 as a weekend driver.
IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0197.JPG (165.34 KiB) Viewed 12164 times
Enough of that. Back to Bayern! :D
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

RG500NOR wrote:Very interesting array of cars! You are defo not limited to a brand or type of cars. Saw you have had some cool VAG cars too. I also a had Passat 2.8- 30V 4 motion as a daily driver once. I now have a RS2 as a weekend driver.
Enough of that. Back to Bayern! :D
Haha thanks... Yea, I just plain old love cars.. But I especially love our sixers.

Brought the sixer in to my trusted euro mechanic for a once over before storing it (big winter storm on its way).. Snapped a couple underbody pics while they checked it out

Here's the dirt on the sixers needs: much much much better than I expected.

Later this same day, after I tucked it away in the corner of a garage for now... I experienced some terrible food poisoning followed by vomiting my food then a lot of blood out my nose and mouth.. This was a little scary to say the least. After a trip to the ER, I found out I tore my esophagus, blew blood vessels in my eyes, mouth and throat. Yikes. So... I'm recovering. :-({|=
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Any opinions on style 67 (e46 m3) wheels on an e24? Pics? There's 4 fronts for sale locally that I think I could get a good deal on... Just not sure how they'd look on a shark... :-k

I should mention these would be 18's
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Nvm, et47... no go.. Oh well.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

ScottyK wrote:Nvm, et47... no go.. Oh well.
25mm spacers and extended lugs= good to go.
The 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9.5 Beyerns on my 635 are E36 fitment (et46 or so). The 25mm hubcenteric spacers brought them out to E24 fitment.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Hi Scott

Congrats on the car. I've been following the thread and everything looks really good.

A mate of mine put Style 67s on his Sixer. They're a tough looking wheel, no doubt about it, though for my mind the 18" wheel is slightly too big - but that's just me. I think as to whether they 'work' or not depends on the car and its styling, ride height etc. They don't look too bad below.

Regards,
Ellis.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm leaning towards only looking for BBS 17x8 style 5's. I love the way they look on our sharks and eventually I think I'll find some. :)

I've found a couple sets with tires about 6 - 8 hours from me... I'm contemplating pricing and beginning discussions on possible shipping options. Both sets have no bends or cracks but both need refinishing from age and light curb rash. One is listed at $700 and the other at $750.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

One set I've found and am considering. They're asking 750. They'd all need refinishing, which I have done and can do. No bends or cracks and good Michelin 235/45zr17's.

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

That's a bargain! Nice find!
Ken Kanne
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

The other set I'm considering are in slightly better condition, but with all bad tires. He's asking 700.
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Buy both sets
Refinish all of them
Keep the best 4
Keep the good tires
Sell the second set for ~$1200ish (that's what the refurbed sets go for here)
Ken Kanne
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Just got distracted at this prospect..

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Oofta. These just came up for 300. Style 66 staggered with tires. Just need hub rings and I'm golden. These may be my temporary winners. 17x8, 17x9. 235/45 and 255/40

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Would these work just a direct swap to my e24? If so, what's a reasonable price I should offer for both?

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Also, just to update.. I'm working on affording the BBS 17x8 wheels I posted earlier.. just dumped 350 into my daily for routine maintenance yesterday... so the wallets a little lighter
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Also sourced and am contemplating this set for my rear end. Would this be an easy swap? At least get rid of one of my two diving boards. Reasonable offer for this set?

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Found this:

viewtopic.php?t=4217

Still considering an offer for both shipped to me. 100?
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Can't speak for the world bumper fitment issue on the back end, but the Euro front grills and corner lighting assemblies will certainly work, noting all of the issues in the thread you found :wink:

So unless you have additional questions about how to deal with the wiring and DOT reflector in the US assemblies (should you decide to use those...) I think you have more than enough info right there :shock:

Those world bumper side covers would look nice, but don't forget that you will still have to deal with the front end, including having black bumper covers that won't match #-o
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Yeah, I might pass on the rear bumper I found until I can find a set. I'll make an offer on the euro front blinkers sometime todayish.

I found these on another place for sale for 475 shipped. All are said to have no bends, cracks or curbing.. but will need refreshing. One wheel has a "small protruding bump" on the inside of the lip. All hold air and balance out/ride down the road. Thoughts? Lower left wheel by the valve stem is the "bump"

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

If you guys think these are a steal.. I'll get these. Just wasn't sure about the "bump" effecting the integrity of the wheel. The other two sets of bbs in the same wheel I found both low end shipped are 600. I'll post both links when I seal the deal on these if you guys think they're worth it. :)
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

ScottyK wrote: I found these on another place for sale for 475 shipped. All are said to have no bends, cracks or curbing.. but will need refreshing. One wheel has a "small protruding bump" on the inside of the lip. All hold air and balance out/ride down the road. Thoughts? Lower left wheel by the valve stem is the "bump"

Finalizing these. He'll be shipping them Monday. 450 shipped.
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

Looks like you got another great deal. Time to stock up on polishing supplies. I got one of these from amazon to use on mine, and it works great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K ... GFXK3ICQ72

And the polish:

https://www.amazon.com/MOTHERS-POLISH-0 ... ers+polish
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »