'83 635csi Euro #8172615

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

BavarianFanatic

'83 635csi Euro #8172615

Post by BavarianFanatic »

Greetings!
My name is Rob. I've been in the "BMW game" for decades, but am brand new to E24s. I recently acquired a rather nice '83 635csi that I'll soon be restoring. It seems to be a bit of an oddball with some unusual options and configuration. I've already been in contact with BMW Group Archiv in an attempt to obtain the details of the custom configuration, but they do not have complete records for this chassis. One bit of info that they did share is that it was originally delivered to Kalmowicz BMW in Erding. From the reading I have done, it seems that Rudolph Kalmowicz has been linked to some interesting one-off vehicles and pre-production examples. Does anyone have any info or background about Kalmowicz? The only info I've found via searches are centered around his film making.

Also - I know this is going to be a long shot, but as I attempt to collect parts and information, I am going to need to locate a 2kg fire extinguisher and Recaro seat mount. I realize these are incredibly rare, but does anyone have one that they'd be willing to share photos of? I am unable to find much of anything about the 2kg bottle nor the Recaro mount.

Thanks!
Rob K.

UPDATE - Photos added below (from previous owner - I will post my own as I start into it):

Last edited by BavarianFanatic on Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: '83 635csi Euro #8172615

Post by GRNSHRK »

Welcome to the madness :shock:

You're in the right place, the best E24 exclusive message forum in the entire world \:D/

For fire extinguishers, one of the board members happened upon a few and has indicated that he will have more available "soon" :-k

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28411

Please post some pix, not sure about that particular dealer or owner, perhaps a Google search might turn up something :-?

Once again, welcome aboard =D>
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
BavarianFanatic

GRNSHRK wrote:Welcome to the madness :shock:

You're in the right place, the best E24 exclusive message forum in the entire world \:D/

For fire extinguishers, one of the board members happened upon a few and has indicated that he will have more available "soon" :-k

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28411

Please post some pix, not sure about that particular dealer or owner, perhaps a Google search might turn up something :-?

Once again, welcome aboard =D>
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did see the listing for extinguishers, but he's offering 1kg examples, where I need one that's 2kg.

I definitely have Kalmowicz but have had little luck.
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

Welcome to the craziness, Lots of experienced and helpful guys here. I would have two non runners if it wasn't for this place. I've not seen a 2 kg extinguisher before. Yes please post pics and more details of the unique aspects of your car. The more unusual the better!

Dave

Here mention of Kalmowicz, I believe this car was posted here in the past:
referred to in the ad: California rear seat pack, i've not heard it called that before.

http://www.autobase.co.nz/cars-for-sale ... 961833.htm

More fun:
http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=108399
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
BavarianFanatic

zinnocoupe wrote:Welcome to the craziness, Lots of experienced and helpful guys here. I would have two non runners if it wasn't for this place. I've not seen a 2 kg extinguisher before. Yes please post pics and more details of the unique aspects of your car. The more unusual the better!

Dave

Here mention of Kalmowicz, I believe this car was posted here in the past:
referred to in the ad: California rear seat pack, i've not heard it called that before.

http://www.autobase.co.nz/cars-for-sale ... 961833.htm

More fun:
http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=108399
I have not seen a 2kg extinguisher either! But, it does show up in the ETK.

I did see that listing for the M635csi. It's quite a nice car. I also spotted that article on mye28. I even remember when it was first posted!
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

After looking up fire extinguishers on realoem and seeing the little drawing of the FE. I realized I have seen that 2kg. It was in a Euro M5 that a local guy had in a small local BMW show/ get together. I remember seeing it and thinking it looked larger than normal.
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
Spasso

Post by Spasso »

Welcome!
This is a good place for the info you need.
Your car has some really cool options.
Keep us up to date on your build.