Bimmerfest 2010 in Pasadena May 22nd

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not to highjack this thread, but . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

Patricia, I have attended almost all PSF events and I can assure you that all are welcome, regardless of the condition of their beloved 6er :wink:

In fact, it may be of more interest to you to bring your 6er in its current state, then show her off after you've got all that refinish work completed, or even in process :shock:

Please do not shy away, you and your hubby need to consider packing up the 6er and heading to sunny CA, although we still don't even know where the event will be this year :roll:

But there will be more to follow on that, for sure 8)

Oh, and Klaus, obviously we are all pulling for you and for a speedy recvovery. Glad you hooked up with the doc that put your thumb back on :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
jrcalvin

Post by jrcalvin »

Klaus, I know that I could never be a doctor because it gives me the heebie-jeebies just to read about those kinds of accidents! Wow!

Patrica, PSF is not so much about being a judged concours show as there has not been much emphasis on that at PSF the past several years. It is about mingling with the sixer people and having a good time as well as an enjoyable road trip.

I have been to many PSF events as well as SESF events in the Carolinas and although SESF does emphasize the car show, both events are more about hanging out with like minded people who love a specific model BMW.
raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Klaus, I wish you a good recovery.
As for bimmerfest, I am registered and attending. What time should we meet up, I was thinking around 8 at the sport chalet and head to the meet around 8:30?
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Thanks for all the well wishes, I am hanging in there, recovery is going to take longer then first suggested. Surgery went good, no unexpected problems, the cast is a lot bigger then I expected, pain is obviously worse now then before. Index and middle fingers are cast together, main cast is almost all the way down to the elbow, even the fingers sticking out are rendered useless. I guess I should have not joked about still needing the left hand to cover the clutch on the bike, so riding season is officially over... First removal of the cast is scheduled in 4 weeks, with an inspection in 2 weeks.

Anyway, looks like my bad luck is going to hold for a while...
Had to attend a local chapter meet on Saturday, scheduled up Mt. Charleston for the beginning of the travel season up there. I thought I was lucky for having left the automatic in for right now, after last years double knee surgery, shifting a manual was getting old after a couple of hundred miles. Well, we were coming back from the run, about 100 miles, some spirited driving through the mountains just using my right hand on the wheel and at the last exit ramp of the freeway I noticed a little puff of smoke. No other odd behaviour, everything appeared fine. Made it home, backed up to the garage an got out of the car. Whole back of the car is covered in fluid, took a few moments to identify. Something in or around the transmission is leaking, maybe the transmission cooler lines, or a least I hope it's something simple. So, until I can use both hands the E24 is out of commission too, that puts the ultimate nail in the coffin for bimmerfest and the San Diego clean car event...

Patricia, as the guys said, it's really not all about the cars at PSF. Primarily it is a social event. The range of cars is from daily drivers all the way to immaculate show cars. Everybody is welcome without prejudice or restrictions on the field. I have often used the event as a motivational tool to help me through rough patches in my quest, my car started out as a $500 parts car an barely made it to the first events under its own power.
Lafah

Post by Lafah »

Klaus,
Happy to hear you are on the mend, the lesson of patience is usually not chosen!

All
I appreciate the invites to be a part of events and the 6er crew...I'm not the shy type and my dear husband knows we will be going wherever it may be if schedule permits :D

Currently working to eliminate the 50-60 mph shimmy; made progress this week after I took one wheel identified by Les Schwa as 'off' over to Hub Cap Annie. They worked on the inside hub of my wheel. Wow, what a difference! Now only a very small vibration coming from another wheel so I'll be taking the next one in. Still cheaper than a new wheel at this point.
Road trip this Friday from Eagle, ID over to University Place, WA (500mi) - a great drive which includes up and over White Pass next to Mt. Rainier!. Weather is expected to be clear and yea, I let my husband drive a few miles of freeway, mountain pass is mine...
Thanks again!
Patricia
World-Class6

Bimmerfest 2010-This Saturday 22 May

Post by World-Class6 »

raffi91 wrote:Klaus, I wish you a good recovery.
As for bimmerfest, I am registered and attending. What time should we meet up, I was thinking around 8 at the sport chalet and head to the meet around 8:30?
I have officially registered to Bimmerfest 2010! I will be arriving on Friday night, taking advantage of L.A nightlife in the meantime.

There are a total of 9, E24/6 Series owners attending so far.

https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events. ... ats&EvId=4

So yes, online registration is free, but $20.00 per vehicle at the gate and $10.00 per person if walking in without a vehicle.

Raffi- is there confirmation a meeting place is scheduled on Saturday morning?
Last edited by World-Class6 on Wed May 19, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 M635 Schwarz (Found a new home in L.A.)
95 MBZ E36 AMG Coupe widebody Polar White
88 BMW E28 535is White
2000 Jaguar XJR Anthracite
2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLT- All Terrain Black
-------------------------------------------------------
raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Unfortunately I busted my drag link while I was on a canyon run yesterday #-o. Hopefully the one I ordered will be here before Saturday. Ill be at sport chalet (2 Sport Chalet Dr La Canada Flintridge, California 91011) at 8 before the fest if my car is back together.
-Raffi
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Klaus,

That is F'd up. Good to know you're on the mend already. Your description was gut wrenching and made my finger hurt. Sorry you won't be there but there will be other events coming up. I hope to eventually meet up with you.

Raffi,

How did you manage to break a drag (center?) link? Danny in Simi Valley has one waiting for me but you can go get it if necessary. Send a PM if you need it.

I just registered so there are 10 sharks now. I concur with the meeting place and schedule. My time is limited because of the Eagles concert later that day. Apparently the wife bought tickets and wanted to surprise me. Well - SURPRISE!!!

The shark has developed a braking shimmy that is getting worse. I think the control arms are going (or gone). No time to fix it so I just have to drive carefully.

Ralph

Looking forward to making new friends and meeting/seeing some of the BC clan.
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Thanks Ralph, but mine's already on the way. Its not literally the drag link but the ball joint to the steering arm. Thanks to a left hand up hill cork screw turn. I noticed a ton of steering wheel play and a nasty brake wobble. You might have the same problem. Looks like I will be making it this Saturday, tracking service is showing delivery on the 19th.
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

Raffi- glad to hear your part will be in before Saturday :P

I am not sure if I am driving the 6 down there or haul it on a trailer :-?

I am also curious to know if anyone will bring any items to sell :-k

@Ralph- nice to know you'll be attending...I am going to be writing down any advise to get the 6er looking better. 8)
88 BMW E28 535is White
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Manuel,

You better get a book for the suggestions to make my shark look better. Her name is Lois (Peter Griffins wife in Family Guy) because she's a trashy redhead. She has the good parts but in a very trashy way. Drive your shark down as it would be much more enjoyable than pulling a trailer.

Raffi,

I know the center link is suspect in my shark and that's why Danny has one saved for me. I think the control arms are also toast.

Ralph

I'll be bringing some parts along also. Bobbo is in need of a couple of small things so I'll give them to Manny to take up north.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

Ralph in Socal wrote:Manuel,

You better get a book for the suggestions to make my shark look better. Her name is Lois (Peter Griffins wife in Family Guy) because she's a trashy redhead. She has the good parts but in a very trashy way. Drive your shark down as it would be much more enjoyable than pulling a trailer.

Ralph

I'll be bringing some parts along also. Bobbo is in need of a couple of small things so I'll give them to Manny to take up north.
Ralph- I should have been a bit more clear...I will need to write down a few pointers from you and others to inspire me to finish my project as there is no interior but the front seats out of Raffi's M6 :oops: I have decided to drive the 6er instead of hauling it on the trailer. I am making a few checks here and there...this will be the first time I drive 5 hours in it!

I will be more than happy to talk to Lois! :lol:
88 BMW E28 535is White
raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Well, looks like I'm not gona make it guys, my drag link hasn't been delivered yet. Have a good time, hopefully ill see you guys at the show.
-Raffi
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I just finished replacing a pass side half shaft and output flange from a neglected boot that caused the CV joint to lock up. What a pain being under time constraints. This will be my first Bimmerfest so barring any other complications I will be there.

Ralph

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
globalgrooves

Post by globalgrooves »

i will be there at 8am at the meet up
llkojnjhfy

Post by llkojnjhfy »

Ouchy! Wish you a speedy recovery Klaus and hope all turns out for the best!...the thought is just killing me.