SoCal Vintage BMW's Castiac Lake/Little Tujunga Run & BB

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castiac Lake/Little Tujunga Run & BB

Post by socalvintagebmw »

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castiac Lake/Little Tujunga Run & BBQ 9/26 9AM

Drivers!

The last SoCal Vintage BMW Drive event before the October Meet is coming up in 3 weeks! The Castaic/Lake Hughes/Little Tujunga Run & BBQ is scheduled for SUNDAY Sept 26, at 9 AM meeting up at Lake Hughes Road & The Ridge Route Road in Castaic. Here's the route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 08002&z=10

This drive and BBQ is FREE for those of you that are registered (or will be registered before the 26th) for the October 23rd Meet in Woodley Park. If you are not registered by that date you will be asked for a $10 donation for the food and libations (and you won't get a better meal with refreshments for $10 ANYWHERE) to help cover costs. This is a great drive (you guys remember chasing the tanker truck down Little Tujunga last year?) that ends up at John and Alexis' stylish digs in Sunland for a lunch bbq. Since Alexis is handling the food, you know it will be excellent. Just keep thinking about that smoked pork loin from last year. Mmmmmm...........

Speaking of the October Meet, if you are planning to attend, PLEASE go to the socalvintagebmw.com website and register using the red register link at the bottom of the 2010 Meet page at your soonest convenience. John and I are just about at the deadlines for ordering goody bag items (you will LOVE what we're getting)and t-shirts and it is really really crucial for us to get as accurate a number of attendees as possible, so we make sure we have enough cool stuff for everyone. We really appreciate it.

We hope everyone is having a fun and safe holiday weekend, and hopefully we'll see you in 3 weeks. If not then, we REALLY want to see you October 23rd - it will be an even bigger and better Meet than last year, with a lot of special deals for participants that we'll soon announce. And yes, the food will be excellent (and on time) this year!

Sincerely

Jeff (& John)
SoCal Vintage BMW
socalvintagebmw

Post by socalvintagebmw »

SoCal Vintage BMW's Castaic Lake/ Little Tujunga Run and BBQ - Sunday 9/26, 9 AM - Last Drive Event before the October Meet

Drivers!

The Castaic/Lake Hughes/Little Tujunga Run & BBQ is a week from today on SUNDAY Sept 26, at 9 AM - If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so, as this is one of our drive events where we need an accurate head count (read: food involved). Those of you that have already RSVP'd, we have you on the list.

Start point is at Lake Hughes Road & The Ridge Route Road in Castaic. Here's the route - please print it out as it will serve as your map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 13489&z=10

Again, this drive and BBQ is FREE for those of you that are registered (or will be registered before Sunday) for the October 23rd Meet in Woodley Park - which is in 5 WEEKS!!! If you are not registered for the Meet by Sunday you will be asked for a $10 donation for the food to help cover costs. This is a great drive with great food and company afterwards...a real warm up for the Meet in October

As for the October Meet, if you are planning to attend, PLEASE go to the socalvintagebmw.com website and register using the red register link at the bottom of the 2010 Meet page as soon as you can. John and I have put in the orders for goody bag items (you will LOVE what we're getting)and t-shirts and it is really really crucial for us to get as accurate a number of attendees as possible, so we make sure we have enough cool stuff for everyone!

Because of time and ordering constraints, we will only be able to put together a fixed number of goodie bags, so if you register really late, or show up day of show unregistered with cash in hand (we know with schedule committments that it can't be helped sometimes) you run the risk of us not having enough goodies for everyone. We will do all we can to ensure everyone gets swag as part of participating, so please register asap becuase that will help us immensely in that

We really appreciate it - our goal is to have a fulfilling and fun Meet in the Park that everyone goes away happy. Thank you all for your patience and support.

Sincerely

Jeff & John
SoCal Vintage BMW
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Anyone else from the SoCal BC group going to this shindig? I am going to try but it depends on the Gestapo warden allowing for some get away shark time. Good it's on Sunday but unfortunately about 90 minutes from me. Could be fun. Nick... Phillip... Raffi... Neil... Ernie... Please chime in.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Ralph,

I'd planned on going but I'm promised forth. Sorry dude. Anyone else gonna go?

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

:( [-X I'm very bummed Phillip. I was hoping to see your Diamond Schwartz beauty on Sunday. Maybe the October get together. I also heard of a BMW meet at Dockweiler State Beach in Dec.

Ralph

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Ralph in Socal wrote::( [-X I'm very bummed Phillip. I was hoping to see your Diamond Schwartz beauty on Sunday. Maybe the October get together. I also heard of a BMW meet at Dockweiler State Beach in Dec.

Ralph
=D> =D> =D> :D :D =D> =D> Oh for Pete's Sake! I am terminally stupid. I had in my mind that it was on Saturday! Dang it, I'm COMING! Whooo HooooWheeeee!

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
New tie rod kit
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Phillip,

Send me your number as I can't be positive I'll be in Castaic by 9AM. I want to be able to call you to get your location if I'm late.

Ralph
Last edited by Ralph in Socal on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

no these time, my kid acting class is on sundays, have fun guys.
still sunday in Los Angeles :lol:
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

Ralph in Socal wrote::( [-X I'm very bummed Phillip. I was hoping to see your Diamond Schwartz beauty on Sunday. Maybe the October get together. I also heard of a BMW meet at Dockweiler State Beach in Dec.

Ralph
Hi there Ralph, I think the Dockweiler meet is mostly for e30's. unless is open for all euros now, or do you have an e30 to take to the meet? unless I'm way off.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Hello Nick,

Communication with a Dockweiler leader has indicated he is open to the e24 crowd. I asked him to post here and invite the group but he may be a little gun shy. He posted on mye28 and received very little in the way of welcoming responses. In fact, the responses were very unwelcome so if he does post here we should be nice (I don't think I need to say it but ...).

Much like the Socal Vintage group. There was only one e28 in the mix. Lots of e10s, an e3, and a mixture of e34s and e39s along with Phillip and my e24. A fun drive even though I missed half of it. I drove some of the route myself trying to find the group. VERY HOT day today and of course my A/C took a dump. SoCal Vintage is a group of very nice, easy going folks who are also very welcoming. Hospitality was exceptional.

Ralph
Attachments
I have a long way to go before I catch up to the Aussies ability to take moving pics.
I have a long way to go before I catch up to the Aussies ability to take moving pics.
Over The Hills.JPG (248.64 KiB) Viewed 8594 times
Some very nice e10s
Some very nice e10s
Roundels Everywhere.JPG (264.51 KiB) Viewed 8594 times

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

+1 on Ralph's comment.

Great group of guys and a good time was had by all. The route was challenging and picturesque (of course I took no pictures, too busy chasing the E10's) Jeff, John and John's wife, put together a yummy spread of good eats for the after drive feast.

Thanks guys!!

Phillip

PS Where WERE all the E24's? Sheesh
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
New tie rod kit
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

I see a lot of talking abut not enough pictures..... :mrgreen: just sayin
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
miklilmag

Post by miklilmag »

Looks like you are holding the camara way out of the window, driving, :shock: :shock: =D> =D> that is talent, nice wheel! Franke
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Looks like you are holding the camara way out of the window, driving, that is talent, nice wheel! Franke

Thanks Franke

Talent is what the Aussies do. They take some great pics at speed. I was only doing ablout 60 while trying to catch the group. Phillip aka Masked Man is up there somewhere. I used the pic specifically because of the shot of the wheel. I was just clicking as much as I could because I knew that it would be full driving focus when we got to the mountains.

Ralph

Here you go Rainer
Attachments
The event host drove this rare touring
The event host drove this rare touring
Rare e10 Touring.JPG (251.14 KiB) Viewed 8567 times
Lois is too trashy to get any close pics
Lois is too trashy to get any close pics
Lois is a 15 Footer.JPG (269.61 KiB) Viewed 8567 times
The hosts were simply outstanding
The hosts were simply outstanding
SOCal Vintage Host.JPG (263.24 KiB) Viewed 8567 times

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

HEY!

That's my 6er in front of that orange 02!!! Thanks for that, Ralph.

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
New tie rod kit
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

ha! a bunch of grown old men and their toys, :lol: :lol:
too bad I could not make it these time, well maybe next time October?
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

"That's my 6er in front of that orange 02!!!" A masked man would own a masked shark. It's only fitting. Here's another Phillip, in case you have forgotten what your car looks like. :P

Thanks Nick, for reminding me that I'm old. Very OLD. :lol: Actually it was nice to see some kids (under 25) involved. There were two guys working an 02 and the daughter of another driver. They were all enamored with the vintage BMWs. I showed the pics to my daughter and she's also very interested in the 02. The Early Inka is her favorite. I have an opportunity to buy a lot of 4 02s (one running and three parts/projects) for a great price so it's under consideration. Could be a great bonding tool with my daughter as she would love to have an 02.

Yes Nick, you need to make one of their meets. I can't make the October 23 Woodley Park fest as my niece will be getting married the same day. It's all good. I met, and made friends with, some good people and it can only get better from here.

Ralph

Unfortunately I was only able to take most pics after the drive. Most pics are of parked cars so none in a pose.
Attachments
Ummm?  Can I drive your car?
Ummm? Can I drive your car?
Not a slow E30.JPG (205.61 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
Sweet!
Sweet!
tii with a 745i in front.JPG (249.19 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
Should've painted eyes on those windshield covers.
Should've painted eyes on those windshield covers.
Masked Shark.JPG (267.59 KiB) Viewed 6486 times

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

Ralph I'm not a youngster myself, I'm old! well not too old, but old.
I did make last year drive, I just could not make it these year, I did make last years October meet too, but I might not have the 6er ready by then, paint will take too long, got to get new wheels etc....

and I don't really want to take the e30 I just bought since it needs suspension work, it's slam to the ground, wheels tilted inwards, it drives good, we will see if I can make it.

my daughter is already into BMW's, she has her own '00 328i, we did the transmission oil/filter flush, brakes, etc...

my little boy likes cars too, he knows a lot about them, he wants me to keep the 6er till he's old enough to drive, "pick up the girlfriend on a classic" he tells me.
but he also wants a bentley continental, :lol:
anyways, the good thing about behing old is that "we make the 6er look good" :lol: :lol: