Dockweiler 12/18/10 (3 year anniversary)

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

What color should the evnt T shirt be?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:48 am

Black
33%
White
33%
Grey
33%

Total votes: 3

IRON-E

Dockweiler 12/18/10 (3 year anniversary)

Post by IRON-E »

Yes the time is here for, the 3 year anniversary!

Since we had the first Dockweiler meet, we have seen the numbers grow in attendees to this event. No other meet or GTG in LA overcomes the success of it to the day.

We'd like to invite all of our local BMW owners and enthusiasts to join us for the 3 year anniversary of this meet and greet., come hang out, talk cars, take some pictures, just plain old (shoot the shit) and even sell your unwanted or spare BMW car parts.

Please help us out and spread the word to others who are not on the forums, so we can end the year with an awesome meet and show everyone else how the WEST COAST REPRESENTS!
;-)

Open to all BMW owners and enthusiasts

Date: Saturday Dec. 18th
Location for meet: Dockweiler State Beach
12001 Vista Del Mar, Los Angeles, Ca.
Time of meet: 3:PM till Closing

There's a cover fee of $5-$7 for parking. I suggest warm clothes as it gets real cold at the beach. Don't even think of forgetting your cameras or you'll miss the opportunity to snap a shot of your favorite car.

Once you go into the parking structure, it should be the first parking lot on your left hand side also for general reference here's a sky view of the parking location.

T-Shirts will be sold by yours truly for this event. Put in your name and size suggestions.

See you there.....
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I love the atmosphere during Christmas but I absolutely hate the total commercialization of the holiday. I think this would be the perfect diversion from all the BS that happens a week before Christmas. Clear the head and enjoy some nice BMWs. I just hope I have a car and some money when the time comes. Anyone else?

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »

Ralph in Socal wrote:I love the atmosphere during Christmas but I absolutely hate the total commercialization of the holiday. I think this would be the perfect diversion from all the BS that happens a week before Christmas. Clear the head and enjoy some nice BMWs. I just hope I have a car and some money when the time comes. Anyone else?

Ralph
I concur with you Sir., that's one of the main reasons for this gathering. I mean there isn't really anything for guys to do during this season besides spending more money then we got or driving the Mrs. to the mall #-o
IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

This event will be the business, we have a Company that sources parts in the East Coast, sponsoring the event and providing us with a few giveaway goodies. Details on that will come later on.
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

how do you really want the 6er owners fit in with these kids? I find it hard to understand the whole concept, not being negative, just wondering where is the chemistry, look at the picture, most of them look like Vanella Ice, the rapper from the 90's. I don't have baggy pants, and don't wear my cap backwards. :lol:
just wondering :lol: :-k
IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »

nomorebmws wrote:how do you really want the 6er owners fit in with these kids? I find it hard to understand the whole concept, not being negative, just wondering where is the chemistry, look at the picture, most of them look like Vanella Ice, the rapper from the 90's. I don't have baggy pants, and don't wear my cap backwards. :lol:
just wondering :lol: :-k
I wasn't aware that in order to be an enthusiast of the BMW, you had to wear a certain outfit to fit in [-X Just come out to mingle for a while guys. Most of the people who attend, will probably be drooling over your 6ers the whole time. We love all of the BMW models and respect well thought out restorations. E9s, E24s, E28s they are all part of the family, so whether we wear tight pants, baggy pants and hats backwards looking like (Vanilla Ice, Ice Baby) shouldn't outcast us from the love of the cars we all enjoy and cherish.

I hope you can look past the differences and come and enjoy this gathering. :wink:
nomorebmws

Post by nomorebmws »

Edwin, I was just merely pointing out the age group of the e30 owners, being BMW's enthusiast is not an issue, however, the age difference does have a issue, trust me. I'm old I know what I'm talking about :lol:
anyhow just saying, I will come to the meet, but the minute I read on the other BMW sites about the old farts that drove the 6er's I will remind you of these post :lol: :lol:
IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »

nomorebmws wrote:Edwin, I was just merely pointing out the age group of the e30 owners, being BMW's enthusiast is not an issue, however, the age difference does have a issue, trust me. I'm old I know what I'm talking about :lol:
anyhow just saying, I will come to the meet, but the minute I read on the other BMW sites about the old farts that drove the 6er's I will remind you of these post :lol: :lol:
:lol: you may be 100% dead on but come out anyways......
IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »

IRON-E

Post by IRON-E »