SoCal Vintage BMW Meet - THIS SATURDAY 10/23

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

Post by socalvintagebmw »

Drivers!
It's finally here! The best Vintage BMW event of the year, the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, will be THIS SATURDAY, October 23rd, from 9AM-4PM. We should start staging cars to park on the grounds by 8:30, and kick off things by 9 if all goes well.

Theres going to be a strong e9 turnout this year....thanks guys!

In your goody bags, along with the cool gifts we will have for you, will be your windshield card for you to fill out so everyone knows who's car they are looking at, but more importantly, what number car you are if they want to vote for you for the Drivers Choice Award - and you will all have a ballot in your bag as well. We'll have markers but if you have a pen bring it! John and I personally designed the awards this year, and if I say so myself, they are really really cool looking. You will want your peers to vote for you so you can take one of these treasures home!

The Barbi Q's truck is scheduled to start serving food about 11, so pack some food and beverage if you'll need to eat before then. There are drinking fountains located in different areas on the grounds.

If you haven't registered at this point, all we can say is WHY NOT??!?!? We will have two entrance lanes to the grounds, those that have registered and those that have not. If you registered you'll be parked and out and about the show that much more quickly. Please do so, it will be much easier for everyone. Just go to the 2010 Page at the socalvintagebmw.com website and you'll find the registration link at the bottom of the page in red.

Those of you that have pre-bought tshirts, please come to the SoCal Vintage canopy once you've parked and pick it up there, and say hi. Those that haven't already purchased tshirts, pleas come by the canopy and pick some up!

Those of you that are driving a long way, thank you and get here safely - we want to see you all in one piece. We're looking forward to a very fun event.

Thanks again!
John & Jeff