SoCal Vintage BMW Meet Registration NOW OPEN - and other eve

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

SoCal Vintage BMW Meet Registration NOW OPEN - and other eve

Post by socalvintagebmw »

DRIVERS!!

Please read the entire post, lots of information to pass along!

The day has come! Registration for the BIG ONE - the 2011 SoCal Vintage BMW Meet on October 29 in Woodley Park, Van Nuys is NOW OPEN! You can go to the socalvintagebmw.com website, go to the 2011 Meet page and click on the Registration link. Or you can go directly to Motorsportreg.com:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 5798AF6E43

You all know how great last year was - 250 Vintage BMWs on the lawn and the rain stayed away - and we're doing it all again, same place, same time, same food (Barbi's Q),and there will be NO portable toilet nonsense this year.

Since we happily made it up north to the Bay Area Show & Swap in May, we KNOW all you NoCal folks are heading south to be part of the fun!!

One change however is that due to the City of LA Parks and Recreation and their fabulous regulations, we no longer can have swap space as a part of our Meet - the City charges us $100 for every 'space' that involves goods for cash. However, we encourage anyone with parts and stuff to swap and sell to park in the Woodley Parking lot at the far north end and set up your wares there. We would appreciate you contributing the usual $20 fee as a 'donation' - we are after all providing your customers - but you will officially not be part of our event. We love following the rules - jeez!

Please register as soon as you can so we can plan everything accordingly - it really helps us to have as accurate a count as we can at the earliest juncture. We have a GREAT surprise for all our drivers in this year's goodie bag!

OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS

We are organizing a Caravan and Overnight Camp Trip to The VARA Oktoberfest Races at Buttonwillow the Weekend of September 10-11 - should be plenty of Vintage BMWs roaring around Buttonwillow that weekend. We need to get an accurate head count as soon as we can so we can make arrangements. This would be a very fun trip, and for a small fee - $20 we believe, you can have lunch, corral parking and a parade lap on the track during the racing lunch break (we'll confirm details). This should be a fun getaway for those who can make it, and we'll have a caravan through the grapevine to get there - and anyone from elsewhere (north, east, etc) are welcome to meet us there. Please RSVP as soon as possible so we can make this happen in the best manner possible

Angeles Crest Run and/or Castaic Run planned for Aug/Sept. - Stay Tuned.

Thanks!

John & Jeff
socalvintagebmw

Post by socalvintagebmw »

Update!

After some discussion, we have decided that anyone wanting to have a Swap Space at the 2011 SoCal Vintage BMW Meet in October WILL BE ABLE TO DO SO!

We feel there would be more problems with City Parks if there were sales activity in the parking lot, so we want those that want to sell parts and such have an option on the Meet grounds. HOWEVER, since we will be charged $100 for each space selling goods, that cost will be passed on, so the cost will be $120 - $20 for vehicle registration and $100 that we're collecting for the City.

Sorry for any confusion, but we like this option better, and Meet participants can peruse parts on the grounds.

Thanks!
John & Jeff
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

IN

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I've missed too many events already and this is near the end of the year so I'll just have to plan around it. Too much fun last year even though my time was limited. Lots of nice cars and plenty of very good people.

I hope to see many BC folks out there.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)