SoCal Vintage BMW Drive events - CA 33 via Ojai 4/28

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

SoCal Vintage BMW Drive events - CA 33 via Ojai 4/28

Post by socalvintagebmw »

Drivers

We would love to get a head count on the upcoming Pierre Chamaa Tax Run up CA 33 via Ojai coming up on Saturday 4/28. Please RSVP via email or on the SoCal Vintage BMW Facebook Page. Remember, this is an EARLY event covering many beautiful mountain miles, so DEPARTURE from the McDonalds at Los Posas and US 101 in Camarillo is 6:30AM! The meetup at the gas station in Ojai - on CA 33 just north of the CA 150/33 intersection and across from the shopping center is 7AM! Please note times and arrange your schedule accordingly. It's a great drive, but it will cover some miles.

Bimmerfest is Saturday 5/19! Jon Shafer and the Bimmerfest guys have arranged for SoCal Vintage participants to park in a new Heritage Corral area, seperate but next to the Battle of the Bimmers area. This is great central parking and access, and we can get in before the crowds and lines and all of it for the regular $20 admission! We need a head count as soon as possible! If you plan on coming, let us know, you will have to be at the SoCal Vintage staging area at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center (same place as last year) BY 7 AM!! We will collect admission cash from everyone there, and then drive in to the BF grounds. NO HASSLE! Please let us know asap if you are coming, Jon and the BF guys need a count from us as soon as!

Also mark your calendars for Saturday June 30, when we will have our Mulholland/Malibu Run ending at Marc Norris' Bavarian Workshop for lunch. This is a great drive, and for those of you that are already Marc's clients you know what an expert he is with both vintage and late model BMWs. Those that don;t know you would be well advised to make an appointment for any fixes you may need. Suffice it to say that some very respected people in the SoCal community travel MANY miles to have Marc work on their BMWs. And that's that!

Please RSVP us as soon as. Have a great safe rest of the weekend!

Jeff & John
socalvintagebmw

Post by socalvintagebmw »

Pierre Chamaa's Tax Run up CA 33 via Ojai is this Saturday 4/28 - Looks like we have about 12-15 autos participating at this point (probably more since not everyone RSVPs) Remember, this is an EARLY event driving many beautiful mountain miles, so DEPARTURE from the McDonalds at Los Posas and US 101 in Camarillo is 6:30AM! The meetup at the gas station in Ojai - on CA 33 just north of the CA 150/33 intersection and across from the shopping center is 7AM! It'll be a great fun drive - If you haven't already RSVP'd please drop us an email or RSVP on the SoCal Vintage BMW Facebook Page!
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

I would like to meet you guys at 6:30AM! But, 0430 just doesn't exist for me anymore. Living in Long Beach, that's what it would take since I'm unable to hit the ground runnin' at that time of the night! Notice I said 'night'?
I will, however, be at the Rose Bowl. I know the back road with nice curves from the south end leading past Brookside Park to the Rose Bowl across the street. (Arroyo) It's a nice scenic drive, but, I've seen it before having lived in Altadena, so, I'm gonna take advantage of the light traffic at that time of the day.
I'll have Rosallina, my E12, not Buster, my E24 since not too many E12's show up. But, she's not a show car either!
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80