SoCal Vintage BMW Meet - DATE CHANGE -IMPORTANT NOW 10/13/12

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

SoCal Vintage BMW Meet - DATE CHANGE -IMPORTANT NOW 10/13/12

Post by socalvintagebmw »

SoCal Vintage BMW Meet - DATE CHANGE - VERY IMPORTANT NOW 10/13/12

Drivers

Our friends at LA City Parks and Recreation have done it again! Due to a scheduling mixup or miscommunication - or something not by us - they have double booked Woodley Park on 10/20/13. We have been asked if we could help solve their problem by moving up the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet one week to Saturday, October 13th, and we have agreed to help them out and to help the Mopar West folks out as well.

Everything else remains the same, time and of course place, Woodley Park in Van Nuys. Given now that we have one week less to get things done it is even more important that everyone get registered as soon as possible:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 0D17398E9D

Please go and register so we can get a real count quickly and manage the situation more easily. We're going to have great stuff again this year.

We'll make the show as great as it always is. Wouldn't be the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet if there wasn't some wrench thrown in from the outside. Remember the Angeles Crest Run is 9AM today and the Glendora Mt Run is next month. Details to follow.

Since LA Parks just made things more challenging, please register today to make things a little easier for us. Much appreciated.

John & Jeff
JCS

Bump

Post by JCS »

Bump
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Trying to get rid a me, huh? Never happen; I paid too much way too early to give up now! :lol:
I hate that I missed the Malibu Run, though!
I only hope Rosallina(E12) will be presentable enough. :wink:
Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
JCS

October 13th

Post by JCS »

Bump, 2 weeks away!
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
socalvintagebmw

Ok Sharksters - Time to represent!

Drivers!

The SoCal Vintage BMW Meet is TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!

Yes we're crazy out of our minds right now, but we have important logistical info to pass along.

We've attached an entrance map, please consult it!

As part of our pledge to get cars on the grounds and parked faster, we will have two entrances, a Vintage Entrance('76 & earlier) at the usual spot and a Classic Entrance ('76 & later) at the far SOUTH end of the Woodley parking lot. The Classic cars will be brought around and behind the picnic area to be checked in.

If you get there before 8AM, please park your car in the respective area - Classic (south end) or Vintage (north end).

Additionally, we are looking for a few volunteers - one from each chassis group, to help herd cars in to the respective areas (02's, 3ers, 5ers, etc). Please let us know if you want to help us get cars in quickly. You will have to be at the meet early - 7AM, but you'll get to pull your car in before the gates open - you have to be already registered though.

We're really looking for a strong presence from the Shark Tank - There were some nice e24's out last year but we're hoping to see a really big turnout for the 6ers - it really is less of a show without a lot of you guys there.

Register now if you haven't already at http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... 0D17398E9D

- more updates to come shortly!

John & Jeff
World-Class6

Caravan from Northern California? Oct 12th or 13th.

Post by World-Class6 »

greetings all~ anyone driving to Southern California Vintage BMW from Northern/Central California want to caravan? We can leave Friday mid-morning or mid-afternoon the 12th and if 3 or more must leave on Saturday in the dawn hours, we can caravan as well pushing everyone else off the road! :lol: But, you must be able to keep up! Alright , alright enough! :mrgreen:
85 M635 Schwarz (Found a new home in L.A.)
95 MBZ E36 AMG Coupe widebody Polar White
88 BMW E28 535is White
2000 Jaguar XJR Anthracite
2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLT- All Terrain Black
-------------------------------------------------------
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Just registered. Looking to see you and your caravan there Manuel. Probably a few in the mye28 crowd coming down as well.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
socalvintagebmw

It's finally Meet Week! The best Vintage BMW event of the year, the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet at Woodley Park, Van Nuys, will be THIS SATURDAY, October 13th, from 9AM-4PM. We should start staging cars to park on the grounds by 8:00-15, and kick off things by 9 if all goes well.

In your goody bags, along with the cool gifts we will have for you, will be your windshield card for you to fill out so everyone knows who's car they are looking at, but more importantly, what number car you are if they want to vote for you for the Drivers Choice Award - and you will all have a ballot in your bag as well. We'll have markers but if you have a pen bring it! Our Driver's Choice Award double kidney trophies are THE sought after accolade in Vintage BMW world! Get your peers to vote for you so you can take one of these treasures home! Once again we will be raffling off some cool giveaway items from Meguiars and our sother sponsors - but you have to get your completed ballot with you name on it to us to win! We'll have two giveaway times, 11 AM and noon.

Also bring your microfiber towels, Meguiar's has been generous enough to send us so many bottles of Quik Detail that everyone will get one when they check in. So you can park and give your car a quick detail so its ready for the press cameras!

Baby's Bad Ass Burgers and the An Nam truck is scheduled to start serving food about 11, so pack some food and beverage if you'll need to eat before then. There are drinking fountains located in different areas on the grounds. Bring your appetite because the food will be GREAT! The An Nam Truck serves the best bahn mi ever and their spring rolls are amazing. Baby's Bad Ass Burgers serves up outstanding burgers and sides - if you're in Glendale at Accessory Fest today try them, they'll be serving burgers for free courtesy of Pacific BMW,

If you haven't registered at this point, all we can say is WHY NOT??!?!? We will have two entrances to the grounds, Classic ('76 & later) at the south end of the parking lot and Vintage ('76 and earlier) to try to get everyone parked, so please follow the directions of one of the volunteeers. Be patient, there will be a lot of cars getting checked in, but we're really trying to get it done quickly this year. If you registered you'll be parked and out and about the show that much more quickly. Please do so, it will be much easier for everyone. Just go to the 2012 Meet Page at the socalvintagebmw.com website and you'll find the registration link at the bottom of the page in red.

We still need several volunteers to help with set up and staging cars - not a lot of work but you have to be at Woodley around 7. The good news is you won't have to wait in line with your car, you'll pull in early. Please email us as soon as if you want to help.

Those of you that have pre-bought tshirts, please come to the SoCal Vintage canopy once you've parked and pick it up there, and say hello. Those that haven't already purchased tshirts, please come by the canopy and buy some!

Those of you that are driving a long way, thank you and get here safely - we want to see you all in one piece, and hopefully you have caravans set up -we really encourage you to communicate and travel in groups if possible.

We're looking forward to a very fun event.

That's all for the moment - more updates to come. Can't wait til Saturday

Thanks again!
John & Jeff