SoCal Vintage BMW Meet Registration Open - our 6th Meet

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

socalvintagebmw

SoCal Vintage BMW Meet Registration Open - our 6th Meet

Post by socalvintagebmw »

Mark your calendars for the next SoCal Vintage BMW Drive Event - Saturday August 10, 9AM - Glendora Mt Road run to Mt. Baldy and Ireland Engineering Open house. Meet at the foot of Glendora Mt Rd, 9AM - more details to follow.

Additionally.....

Registration is now open for the Sixth Annual Southern California Vintage BMW Meet which will take place on Saturday, October 19, 2013 at Woodley Park in Van Nuys. Its our 6th meet so we're putting a lot of emphasis on the e24's - on tshirts and promotional items so we're hoping for a big turnout of sixes.....

You can register on the MotorsportReg.com website at: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/ ... dh7PKfn8ic

This year we're offering an 'All-In-One' package - Car entry, Event Tshirt and SoCal Vintage Logo Baseball Cap for $49. A deal! Separately each item will be $20

The show is open to all Vintage BMWs from from 1988 back, including all cars to the end of those models production runs (E30, E28, E26, E24, E23, E21, E12, E9, E9, 2002, NeuKlasse, 700, Isetta and all going back) which makes the SoCal Vintage BMW Meet the largest independent Vintage BMW Meet in North America. This year we have 2 new chassis that qualify for our meet - the E32 7 series and the E34 5 series - so bring those M5 Tourings!

Each year The Socal Vintage BMW Meet has a turnout of over 300 cars and drivers - this year will be no different.

Make your plans now so you don't miss the largest Independent Meet for the Vintage BMW Community in North America, set in the backdrop of beautiful Woodley Park!

Thanks and see you soon!
John & Jeff
Attachments
DSC_4966.JPG
DSC_4966.JPG (392.83 KiB) Viewed 12332 times
PTFunk

Post by PTFunk »

Here's a bump for the SoCal Vintage Meet. Last year's meet was a lot of fun, with hundreds of vintage cars making an appearance.

This being the 6th year of the meet, the E24 will be a featured car! However, the organizers have only gotten a handful of 6ers registered so far. So get off your booty and sign up! =D>
"Sabine": '88 M6 Royalblau/Silber
SLS delete, Wizard Cooling radiator, BavAuto Strut bar, M-Technik steering wheel, Conforti chip, Bilstein B8s / H&R Lowering Springs, BBE stainless cat-back exhaust
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

I missed last year, but, I was there the in 2011 lining up everyone's six off my Polaris Silver Buster.
I'll try to get the Guibo fixed for this year. I already have a ticket.
If nothing else, I have my faithful Rosallina.
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Okay SoCal 6ers! It's happening on Saturday. Are you folks gonna show up? SoCal Vintage is (as previously mentioned) highlighting the 6 series this year, so it would be really KEWL if'n ya'll showed up in BIG numbers!!!

Sound off mebbe??

Phillip

PS see you there
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
PTFunk

Post by PTFunk »

Hey Phillip - Sabine and I are still raring to go. I should really do some cleaning under the hood, but then again this is a more laid back show... no need to open the hood if I don't get to it!

Paul
"Sabine": '88 M6 Royalblau/Silber
SLS delete, Wizard Cooling radiator, BavAuto Strut bar, M-Technik steering wheel, Conforti chip, Bilstein B8s / H&R Lowering Springs, BBE stainless cat-back exhaust
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I'll be driving my truck with some pre-sold parts and a few hard to find pieces.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
acanais60

Re:

Post by acanais60 »

PTFunk wrote:Here's a bump for the SoCal Vintage Meet. Last year's meet was a lot of fun, with hundreds of vintage cars making an appearance.

This being the 6th year of the meet, the E24 will be a featured car mutuelles Entreprise! However, the organizers have only gotten a handful of 6ers registered so far. So get off your booty and sign up! =D>
Perhaps it would have taken a little more sensitization of the members so that all the beemers come to this meeting.