Bush Capital Cruise - Saturday 7 November 2009

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bush Capital Cruise - Saturday 7 November 2009

Post by MrE »

The best of both worlds, if you're that way inclined, would be to have a cruise that incorporated both the wonderful ACT and common-as-muck NSW. This brilliant yet simple plan is soon to become a reality for many of us as we converge in Capital City on Saturday 7 November for a cruise around the nation's Bush Capital.

There's a reason its called the Bush Capital gentlemen. This place is dripping with bush. I urge you all to take time out from your understandably busy schedules and get yourselves down here and check out some of this bush. There is plenty to go around.

Day: Saturday
Date: 7 November 2009
Meet Time: 9.30am
Meet Point: Old Parliament House

We'll take a nice, leisurely, fast-paced run around Tidbinbilla and down to Corin Dam, and follow that up by heading east to Googong Dam and Bungendore where we will stop to eat.

Then back inland to the Murrumbateman Pub for that all important farewell drink, after which everyone is free to talk amongst themselves and ultimately leave.

A Google map of the plan is here:
Google map Bush Capital Cruise.

All up its a circuit of about 250kms. We can knock that over in no time. It will be a long day for those traveling from interstate, and depending on how long it all takes some may choose to head off home after Bungendore. I can live with that.

9:30am at Old Parliament House is the meet point as its pretty easy to find. If people are interested in meeting earlier for breakfast somewhere then let me know and we'll work something out.

If I've forgotten anything do not hesitate to let me know. All things considered though, it sounds quite tempting doesn't it fellas? Fellas??

-Ellis.

EDIT - I have changed the date to 7 November
Last edited by MrE on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

It sounds wonderful. If i'm around then, i am surely in for breakfast, lunch, drinks, evening meal etc. Maybe a drive in between these important events.

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Looks like a good little trip but I have to go to the Gold Coast on the Sunday so I'm probably out.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I found out today that the 14th is a no go for me as Emma is going away for the weekend with her parents who will be here from England. The 7th is fine home wise but i can't guarantee it work wise but i think it will be A 75% chance.

I'll feel a goose if i ask for the weekend before and it turns out i can't make it but if it's possible to change the date then i'd appreciate it. If the 14th suits others better then no worries, i'd rather more went even if it means me missing out and crying in my beer contemplating the pointlessness of my meagre existence and all that.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Date changed to Saturday 7 November.

-Ellis.
Last edited by MrE on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

7th will work for me, or 14th :-)

I got my short shift kit installed yesterday, that was easy! Replaced the vinyl bearing and rubber boot, the old ones were in shatters... Changing gears is very tight now and the short throw makes such a big difference. Everybody who drives an auto is invited to drive it (as long as they know what to do with their left hand and foot) - the 'ultimate driving experience' is in a manual 635 (or M635 dream dream). I have to admit I have have never driven an auto 635 though :D

I decided to give my wheels a good polish - that was not so easy... Now I know why Simmons recoomends not to use these wheels for daily driving! I can't complain as I don't use the car for that, and it's only the first time in almost two years where I pulled the wheels off and polished every square mm... The rear wheeels are the worst, it took me 4 hours to do one, and that was after I went and bought a Dremel to help save my index finger! I should get a chance tomorrow to post a pic or two.

During the week I replaced my spark plug leads with some fancy red ones, and thought it was a good time to dust off the engine block a bit while I had the air filter and intake boot off.
A spraybottle of kerosene did wonders to get the grease off the block, while I was wiping things down I suddenly had a vacuum hose in my hand, totally deteriorated. It goes out of sight under the intake manifold and is connected to the thermostat housing.
Turns out the break in that little vacuum hose caused my car to have trouble coldstarting, and it hasn't missed a beat since I cut the bad bit off! Tomorrow I'll be replacing the whole lot!

Anyway, I'll get some pics up soon and look forward to catching up on the 7th or 14th!

Cheers,

Alex
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'm in for the 7th! Should be fun!! Paul, what do I wear???? My track record is shocking!!!!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote:I'm in for the 7th! Should be fun!! Paul, what do I wear???? My track record is shocking!!!!
Smart casual should do, none of this bogan stuff. Something light and of a natural fibre in case the day is warm but make sure you have a jumper in the boot. Flip flops, daggy shorts and t-shirt won't cut it nowadays.

Thanks for the change of date Mr E. A different date is as good as a rest, or so they say.

Let's hope i can make it :oops:
Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Flip flops?? We don't have flip flops in Australia mate. That's un-Australian. Like ceefax.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:Flip flops?? We don't have flip flops in Australia mate. That's un-Australian. Like ceefax.
Well mate, i have both Ceefax and Teletext. You just have to know where to look. I live in Australia. Therefore it is Australian, just like flip flops. Just like Tim Tams in fact that you bastards stole off the English Penguin and have claimed it as an Australian 'icon' ever since.

I rest my case.

Yours
Humpage Q.C
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

As an Australian, I would happily say "Where are my Tim Tams?"
As an Australian, I would be laughed out of town if I said "Where are my flip flops?"
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

Paul Humpage wrote:Just like Tim Tams in fact that you bastards stole off the English Penguin and have claimed it as an Australian 'icon' ever since.

"English" Penguins ehh?!?!

It's a well known fact that Penguin biscuits originated in Scotland as a recipe for oatcakes that went wrong.

Surely you'll remember the imortal line from Braveheart, "You can take our lives, but you'll never p-p-p-p-pickup our Penguins..."...

I'll get my coat.

I agree on the flip-flops however, the concept of men in thongs is just wrong.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Hoots mon! I never knew :oops:

You would have thought they'd have bunged them in a tartan wrapper or something. I'm sure we used to eat some kind of wafer with toffee mixed in with it when we were kids in the Old Worlde and that had a tartan wrapper around it.

Back on topic. Lol! Topic.

That'll go over the heads of the Ossies.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'll bring my thong.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I'll bring my thong.
Hot damn! I'll bring my thang, my groove thang. \:D/

edit* that's a wank smiley.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:
hoadie wrote:I'll bring my thong.
Hot damn! I'll bring my thang, my groove thang. \:D/

edit* that's a wank smiley.
No, it's not.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

To think I tried to encourage you lot here with the promise of ample bush, and all you want to talk about is which one of you is gonna wear a thong.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

MrE wrote:To think I tried to encourage you lot here with the promise of ample bush, and all you want to talk about is which one of you is gonna wear a thong.
I have ample bush too.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:
MrE wrote:To think I tried to encourage you lot here with the promise of ample bush, and all you want to talk about is which one of you is gonna wear a thong.
I have ample bush too.
Hooray.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:
I have ample bush too.
So you've not cut the grass to make the tree seem bigger? Or whatever the saying is.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'm more than happy to go off topic but you three are weirding me out bigtime!!
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

G'day sharks

Sorry to go off topic again but did anyone we know purchase Lot #27?

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/?id ... AAS&page=3

Cheers
Stu
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

It wasn't me... It wasn't red :P Bloody good price though, engine looks great!

Still off topic - I'm flying up to Brissie next week to have a look at M635 number 200 (which is red hehe) - it looks like a nice project car, not sure how bad it is though, I'll take some pics, go for a drive etc.
I'm not sure if I should, my heart says yes, buy it, common sense says I have a really good sixer already, and don't need to start all over again fixing another one up, but it is an M, and might be worthwhile... Help I'm going sixer mad again!

Back on topic - I'm all ready for the drive on the 7th - new batteries in the walkie talkies, full tank of fuel, clean wheels and body, new floormats - so rain - stay away!
I will head up to Forbes after the drive and stay with some friends and head back to Sydney on the Monday, all up a round trip of 1,300kms - I can't wait to catch up with everybody!

Is there anything we need to bring along, food, drinks etc?

See you all soon,

Alex
Attachments
Soooooo tempting
Soooooo tempting
6064330.jpg (63.89 KiB) Viewed 8338 times
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

StuM5 wrote:G'day sharks

Sorry to go off topic again but did anyone we know purchase Lot #27?

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/?id ... AAS&page=3

Cheers
Stu
I went and had a look before the auction and apart from a ropey front end that needed a respray it wasn't too bad at all and i reckon someone got it for an excellent price. It'll be interesting to see if it turns up at any of the cruises.

Alex, go for it!

REgards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Redaussie6 wrote:
Back on topic - I'm all ready for the drive on the 7th - new batteries in the walkie talkies, full tank of fuel, clean wheels and body, new floormats - so rain - stay away!
I will head up to Forbes after the drive and stay with some friends and head back to Sydney on the Monday, all up a round trip of 1,300kms - I can't wait to catch up with everybody!
Is there anything we need to bring along, food, drinks etc?
See you all soon,
Alex
Gday Alex,

I think you've got it all covered there. I'm planning on stopping somewhere at Bungendore for food, so just some money to buy with. You may want to bring a bottle of water or two to drink along the way as we are taking the long way to Bungendore.

Are the NSWers meeting up somewhere for the drive down? You could meet at Mittagong for breakfast or come all the way here and meet me for breakfast?

-Ellis.