Albury-Wodonga 2010

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Yes, well done Josh, the weekend is laid bare for all to see. I prefer a static shot of the hotel room and spa, i've just had my tea.

"I'm a little teapot......etc."
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Excellent stuff Mr Joshua.

I especially like the pictures with me in them.

Regards,
Ellis.
Shipper 01

Re: albury

Post by Shipper 01 »

Serco wrote:Josh,
Excellent shots and commentary but very disappointing with the "STATIC" shot of the spa, if you've got it, flaunt it otherwise come camping with the rest of us!
Serco
Allan if I had it it would have been out there for all to see. Having nothing I might just need to buy a tent!!

Really was such great fun!!!!
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Hi all?

Gee? there?s some really great photos there of our weekend. Well done everyone!

Josh ? I?m not too sure about the ?fearless leader? bit??

And yes Ellis? I agree. That?s my favourite photo too. It?s a very pretty? um, car!

Now I?ve got some shots to add to the collection as well, but I?ve been busy madly trying to fix many of the issues that developed with the car as a result of the trip ? and boy there?s been a few!

And I?m still trying to clean off the thousands of locusts that splattered all over the car ? particularly underneath! After a 2,500 klm round trip, you should see it ? it?s disgusting!!

Also, anyone got any advice on sourcing a replacement, second hand or reconditioned air con compressor, that won?t cost me the earth? Like Gary?s, mine is either dead or very near it!

Folks, I just wanted to echo the sentiments already expressed here. A big thank you to all for making the effort to attend our second Sharkfest and for making the weekend another great success.

As Alan commented? not as many sharks, but great roads, great locations and great people!

Thanks also to everyone for pitching in in some way, and that?s what makes these weekends so special. All involved do their bit to make it all work, and combined with the great camaraderie we enjoy and the passion we share for the 6, makes these Sharkfests something quite unique.

It was great to see the familiar faces and even better to welcome some new ones. Let?s hope we can build on that for the future.

Special thanks of course go to Peter & Sandie for fantastic route suggestions and tremendous lunch bookings? Ellis for his map work on the forum and in hard copy? to all of our intrepid ?snappers?? and anyone else who put in their time and effort again this year.

Now, I thought a couple of awards were worth mentioning:

The ?2010 Team Award?: Apologies to Team Serco, but I think we can?t go past Team Foster for the team award this year. Four members of the same family and three cars! A sterling effort!

And the ?Perpetual Plastic Turtle Award?: This prestigious award, while being a last minute consideration following the strange and unexplained appearance of a plastic turtle on one of our cars in the motel car park on the Sunday morning? goes to one of our quiet achievers. A determined pair of travellers who endured constant challenges, untold hardships and extreme physical conditions to attend? it is my pleasure to announce the winners are ? Josh & Rosie Parsons! Despite all of the last-minute mechanical mucking about with a fuel-starved 633, extra ECU?s etc and the no-airconditioning-put-the-window-down-and-use-these-earplugs approach, they still made it! Well done? and Rosie, you?re an absolute trooper!

Anyway, I suppose we better start to think about next year. Any suggestions?

Here?s a few of my happy snaps ? enjoy!

Cheers?
Attachments
P1010286.JPG
P1010286.JPG (117.24 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
P1010287.JPG
P1010287.JPG (116.12 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
P1010288.JPG
P1010288.JPG (129.36 KiB) Viewed 8776 times
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Here's some more...

But it seems I can only attach 3 at a time???
Attachments
P1010290.JPG
P1010290.JPG (124.03 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
P1010291.JPG
P1010291.JPG (151.86 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
P1010292.JPG
P1010292.JPG (148.55 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

And more (I've made them a bit smaller...)

Bugga! Didn't make any difference. How did you guys attach so many photos in the one post??
Attachments
P1010289.JPG
P1010289.JPG (79.16 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
P1010294.JPG
P1010294.JPG (89.08 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
P1010293.JPG
P1010293.JPG (89.05 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hi Mark,

We have our pics hosted on a site such as photobucket, then link to them. If you quote one of our posts you'll see how the image tags work.
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Oh okay - thanks Ben. I see what you mean.

Well, I'll keep going for the moment.
Attachments
P1010297.JPG
P1010297.JPG (82.89 KiB) Viewed 8513 times
P1010295.JPG
P1010295.JPG (72.93 KiB) Viewed 8513 times
P1010305.JPG
P1010305.JPG (54.11 KiB) Viewed 8513 times
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Pics are looking good Mark!

I had my air-con unit reconditioned just before this Albury trip. The seal in the compressor in my old one was kaput, but there are places in Syd, Melb & Brisbane that will recondition them for around $700 (versus paying $1,400 or so for new from BMW). You send them your old one, they'll either recondition it or send you a reconditioned replacement.

Replacing the compressor also required replacing the receiver-dryer, which new was around $146.

As you can probably guess, Canberra doesn't have a place that does this reconditioning work. Typical. I can't remember the names of the places the part can get sent to, but I can find out if you like? A mate in the car industry found out the details for me about places in Melbourne & Brisbane, but my mechanic said he used a place in Sydney.

Mind you, my aircon only worked for me on the Friday for the drive from Canberra to Albury, but after that - bloody nothin. I could hear the damn gas leaking out of the bloody system while I was pitching my tent at the campground. I haven't taken the bloody thing back to the mechanic yet, but let's hope its just something as simple as a cracked hose or something, right? Surely nothing could be wrong with the compressor..??

Anyway, a plastic turtle you say? Hmmm? I wonder how that coulda got there???
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Rosie and I love our plastic Turtle! We however do not currently have it. It will need to be mounted on a trophy base for next year.

Gertie is in trouble. Monday morning start saw five cylinders fire and a lot of smoke from the exhaust. I mean smoke screen!!!!

I got home to find no oil on the dipstick. Well, just enough. She runs super rough (don't think truck....think farm tractor from the 1970's!) and according to my private and top secret 6'er guru mechanic (Peter Simms) I've more than likely done my rings! It is engine rebuild time. I may as well see what this baby can do!! We may be out of action for a little while.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Mark E wrote:
Anyway, I suppose we better start to think about next year. Any suggestions?
I was thinking about that on the drive home from Albury to Sydney which was an easy drive with the cruise control on the speed limit and a glovebox full of cassette tapes. I'd love to spend a few days like we've just had zooming around the Adelaide Hills. Take a week off work and make a proper trip of the way back home.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Roisie and I have never seen Adelaide or been to SA. We would consider a well planned 1 week trip. We may even camp!!!!! Do they have spa baths at the camping sites in SA??!