Wisemans Ferry Run 29th December

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Re: wisemans ferry run

Post by hoadie »

635 tragic wrote:gday fellows, great to have met up with some fellow sharkers. is that a word? verry impressed with your cars & a nice bunch of fellows to boot. i chased up that dash mat on ebay, item no 370301582986 looking forward to meeting up in aubury. cheers bob.
Hi Bob,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys - I was busy err.. working..

Do you actually own this dashmat, or are you looking to buy it? While my dash isn't cracked, it's very slightly warped near the LH air vents and I'd like to minimise further damage, so I'm curious to see what the mat actually looks like - the eBay seller doesn't seem to actually have any pics!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Ben, the mat looked perfect with excellently done cutouts for the vents etc. A professional job for sure.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:Ben, the mat looked perfect with excellently done cutouts for the vents etc. A professional job for sure.
Cool. I'm interested in seeing what it would look like on a grey dash - my black floor mats look paricularly rubbish on grey carpet
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I thought your dash WAS black?
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:I thought your dash WAS black?
I forgot you're colourblind...

It's like a charcoal grey. I didn't actually realise myself until I went to order a new interior door handle.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:

It's like a charcoal grey. I didn't actually realise myself until I went to order a new interior door handle.
I see.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:

Is your steering wheel black? If so then a black dashmat will probably look okay.
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

How about a bulk order for the dash mats so we can save on shipping?

I'm happy to order a bunch and bring them along on our next drive or so, let me know who's interested!

Paul, the connector does look a bit cactus... Is it also the one for the fuel injectors or where is this one located? I had my head in the M88 all day today...

Alex
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Redaussie6 wrote:How about a bulk order for the dash mats so we can save on shipping?
I'm happy to order a bunch and bring them along on our next drive or so, let me know who's interested!
Hi Alex

I've already bought one so don't worry about me thanks. The shipping was only 12 bucks which is good. I received a message during the transaction saying the shop is closed until 11 January so they wont be processing any orders until after then.

And if you're stripping bits off any of your cars, keep in mind that big expensive part I was keen on!

Regards,
Ellis.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

MrE wrote:
hoadie wrote:

Is your steering wheel black? If so then a black dashmat will probably look okay.
Yes you're right. I'm just being picky, and you know that lol
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:
MrE wrote:
hoadie wrote:I forgot you're colourblind...

Yes you're right. I'm just being picky, and you know that lol
It surprises me that you're picky.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Alex, the rooted connector is the one that's closest to the radiator. Buggered if i know what it does or what it's connected to but since wrapping it in electrical tape and stopping it shorting out on the piece of metal it was attached to my electrical gremlins have sorted themselves.

I'll pass on the dash mat things. I only have a couple of small cracks that aren't growing and i'm not a lover of things like dash mats and floor mats in the car. If they were called over rugs then that's a different story.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Bob,

I recall last week when you asked if we knew what the options were for your R12 air-con, well someone on the oznz_M635 yahoo group has just put up a link to this product - HR12.

http://www.hychill.com.au/products/

Check it out. It claims its a straight replacement for R12 requiring no modification to automotive air con systems.

Regards,
Ellis.
635 tragic

wisenans ferry

Post by 635 tragic »

ellis, i think that might have been jim you may been talking to i will pass on the imfo to him cheers bob.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: wisenans ferry

Post by MrE »

635 tragic wrote:ellis, i think that might have been jim you may been talking to i will pass on the imfo to him cheers bob.
Aah, good-o, right you are. Image
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Redaussie6 wrote:How about a bulk order for the dash mats so we can save on shipping?

Paul, the connector does look a bit cactus... Is it also the one for the fuel injectors or where is this one located? I had my head in the M88 all day today...

Alex
You have the US S38 and not the M88? I note the position of the oil cap. Still, did someone really steal your doors or et.al or are they off to the painters?
gwm635

Post by gwm635 »

Shipper 01 wrote:

Alex
You have the US S38 and not the M88? I note the position of the oil cap. Still, did someone really steal your doors or et.al or are they off to the painters?
The motor in this picture is indeed an M88/3. The easiest way to tell is the BMW roundel on the rocker cover. S38's don't have roundel, rather the letters BMW
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Since today the M is in a million pieces, totally bare shell! My mechanic was having fun pulling the engine, diff, gearbox, steering and pedalbox out and we'll find out what work the engine needs doing to it while it's all out! Timing chain is no 1 on the list!

Paul, I had a look at the same connector on my 635, when I wiggled it to see what is was like it also fell into a heap of perished plastic... Electrical tape is doing a remporary job, I'll see if I can order those plugs from somewhere and replace them... Another thing for the shopping list!
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

gwm635 wrote:
Shipper 01 wrote:

Alex
The motor in this picture is indeed an M88/3. The easiest way to tell is the BMW roundel on the rocker cover. S38's don't have roundel, rather the letters BMW
You are right and I got it around the wrong way. Jetlag. The oil cap sits way forward on the S38 and not 1/3rd of the way along the rocker cover. Still. Get her working. Our long weekend is not too far away.
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Fingers crossed to get things done before our drive, but if worse comes to worse I still can come in the 635 - either way I want to make it this year, it will be in an E24 in some form :P

I had a good long chat with my mechanic today, he's happy for me to source all the parts needed to basically rebuild the engine, may as well get it done while it's all out... So it might all take a bit longer than I would want to, but my wallet only stretches so far, I'm not going to live on bread and water in the garage with my car lol!

Cheers,

Alex