Wisemans Ferry Run 29th December

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Wisemans Ferry Run 29th December

Post by Paul Humpage »

Short notice i know but if anyone wants an excuse to get away from the horrors of the xmas hols for a day then we've got a run up to Wisemans Ferry and beyond on next tuesday the 29th.

Meet at the cafe in Parramatta Park for breakfast at 9 which is just here

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=h&z=18

For those that don't know it, the park entry is just off Pitt Street and coming from the north you have to do a quick loop on the one way system to get to it but it's not hard.

From there we'll head up through ugly suburbia for a bit and then take off in a meandering way through the rural backblocks, Galston, over the ferry at Berowra etc.

Lunch will be just a picnic at Wisemans or any handy spot, there is a kiosk at the park at Wisemans.

From there you can bugger off home if you wish or we can cross over on the ferry and continue in a lovely loop through Spencer, Mangrove Mountain and then back on the freeway. Something sort of like this

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 7&t=h&z=10

Regards
Paul
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Very nice, and close for me :mrgreen:

It shouldn't be a problem for me, so count me in!
See you all then, happy silly season!

Alex
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I might meet you for breakfast
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I'll be there. Will we be exchanging gifts?
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

My presence will be gift enough.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Not what I was hoping for really.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Do you think I care?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

It's the thought that counts.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

A bird in the bush is better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick
635 tragic

Wiseman's Ferry run

Post by 635 tragic »

G'day fellows, first time on forum. wish i knew it existed months ago, spent hours on it yesterday,very imformative. Anyway I would like to meet up with you fellows on tuesday. i will bring my 88 635 from newcastle & my mate jim will front with his smick m635. what time are you fellows arriving? looking forward to meeting up, cheers bob.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Good to have you onboard Bob. We're meeting at the cafe in Paul's first post at 9am
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Welcome indeed Bob, new faces are always more than welcome.

As Ben said, 9.a.m for breakfast but one of us will probably arrive 10 minutes or so before. We usually have a set departure time for these but as it's the hols we'll just leave when we're ready for the off. The same goes for the whole day really and we'll just go where the mood takes us. We will be heading over the river and towards the freeway eventually so if you're heading home to Newcastle that makes it easier.

Regards
Paul
635 tragic

wisemans ferry run

Post by 635 tragic »

fellows, spoked to jim would like to meet at wisemans ferry. what time will you arrive?cheers bob.
Last edited by 635 tragic on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Humpage

Re: wisemans ferry run

Post by Paul Humpage »

635 tragic wrote:fellows, spoked to jim would like to meet at wisemans ferry. what time will you arrive?cheers bob.
The plan is to have a picnic lunch at Wisemans so we aim to be there around 12. We'll stop in the park before the ferry just here

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=h&z=19

Regards
Paul
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

Bastards! I'm at work, would have loved to come on this one.
look forward to the pics and hope you are having a good day.

cheers
Stu
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

How'd you go? Any pics?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Only a couple of photos as it wasn't really a photo kind of trip. Lots of fun though with a good drive up to Wisemans and an excellent long afternoon there with Bob, Jim, Dave and their wives. Bob has the white 635. We came home the same way as we'd gone up via the Great Northern Road as the traffic trying to cross the river was very heavy.

It's always good to meet some new people especially as some of the regulars like Ben and Ellis are such dullards and i'm looking forward to a good days drive with all of the old and new faces sometime later in the year.

Regards
Paul

Oh yes, the leather cream i use that makes my seats so soft is this Croftgate. It has a very strong smell of old tobacco and detergent when it's first applied but that soon goes and leaves a rather nice leathery smell.

Last edited by Paul Humpage on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
gwm635

Re: Wiseman's Ferry run

Post by gwm635 »

635 tragic wrote:.... i will bring my 88 635 from newcastle & my mate jim will front with his smick m635.... cheers bob.
M6??? did somebody say M6??
Is this one we know? did we get photos??

BTW compliments of the season to all... :D
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Happy New Year!!!
Well, almost..., I may as well wish it now, while I'm still more or less sober :lol:

We had a very pleasant, relaxing breakfast consisting of at least three pieces of barramundi in Parramatta with waterviews 8)
We managed to loose our Captain Slow (alias MrE), within the first two kms of the drive, but soon caught up with him as he made 'the right decision to avoid the holiday traffic' ...

After a more than enjoyable drive to Wisemans Ferry it was great to have lunch with three more sixer fanatics, and share a lot 6er wisdom!

Paul, thank you for lunch, excellent catering and your tomatoes are divine! I had alook for the two chrome front bumer bits, I have both of them in my van, I'll try and take some photos tomorrow, I forget which one you needed (left or right)...

I also have the foam engine hood thingies and the 'Klear'z front blinker lenses, I'll contact the respective interested parties shortly :wink:

Garry, the M635 didn't make it unfortunately, or lucky for me as I would have started crying, but hopefully will be coming to Albury???

I had a very productive day on my M635 today;
Somebody stole my doors...

And my hood and wings...

Cheers to the New Year and the madness!!!!

All the best for 2010!

Alex
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Paul
Can you buy the croftgate products locally or do you order online?
We had a great day and came home with renewed enthusiasm for the restoration. Unlike Alex I have started to put parts back on rather than taking them off!!
Happy New Year to all
Cheers
Dave
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Hi Dave,
I bought the leather cleaner and the cream from the Croftgate website earlier in the year as my wife was going back to England for a trip and i had it delivered to my mum's house and she picked it up. This bloke here in Brisbane sells it on Ebay although it's delivered from the UK. His prices seem fine so if no one's going back to the old country when i need some more then i'll order it through him. The cleaner and the cream are both very good and i also bought some leather protector but i've not used that as i can't see the need on my seats.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/bulbrisb ... Z835832015

As i said, it's a very strong smell at first but goes away after a few days.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Alex, the M looks erm...interesting. A project for sure.

PM on its way regarding the chrome bit.

I had a host of electrical gremlins yesterday with lights flickering, the aerial popping up and down with far too much freewill and the Becker radio throwing out all kinds of weird error codes on the display and this morning in the driveway i had a 'failure to proceed' with no turnover at first and then the engine would turnover but fail to fire. I had a look around the ratty old connections under the bonnet and one of the plastic connector covers was worn with wires sticking out of the bottom and touching bare metal. I went to see if it needed pushing in and the whole thing shat itself and fell apart in my hands in a dozen pieces of rooted old plastic. I pushed the connectors (now bare wire) into their respective holes, bound it all up in some sticky tape i had handy and it fired up first time and has been running like a trouper all morning. I need to get some proper electrical tape and check all the connectors as if ones gone then the rest will surely follow. The one on Ellis's car that broke at the lights has already been taped up on mine so the one nearest to the radiator is the next on the list as that's what collapsed this morning.

You can see the 3 connectors sticking out the bottom that were fouling on the metal surround. The remains of the bottom section that had already broken away are what collapsed as i tried to see if i could gently push or pull them back together

Regards
Paul
635 tragic

wisemans ferry run

Post by 635 tragic »

gday fellows, great to have met up with some fellow sharkers. is that a word? verry impressed with your cars & a nice bunch of fellows to boot. i chased up that dash mat on ebay, item no 370301582986 looking forward to meeting up in aubury. cheers bob.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Good man Bob,

Thanks for the dashmat info. It was really good to meet up with you, Jim and Dave and it was very interesting to hear the stories you all had regarding the work you've done on your cars. It's always good to meet more 6er owners and it would be great to get you all in on the Albury trip in March.

I was very impressed at the nice work Bob's done on his car. The handbrake, pods and seats all looked really good, very tidy, and your one-of-a-kind white John Player Special sounded pretty good too.

We had great weather all day long, comfortably hot, but I'm glad I wasn't one of those poor daytrippers sitting in their cars waiting to get on that ferry. I reckon that queue was at least an hour-wait for those lined up at the back.

Thanks also for the nice catering work Paul, and for providing a nice chair for me to sit on. Despite what everyone says you're a good bloke, which makes us very similar, except of course that I have a full 12 points available on my licence.

The car looks pretty cool there Alex, just a shell, a steering wheel and a seat. Looks like a good old twin-cam 24-valve inline-six paddock-basher!

Happy New Year everybody,
Regards,
Ellis.