Communication on Drive Days

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Shipper 01

Communication on Drive Days

Post by Shipper 01 »

With the Albury Wodonga drive weekend almost upon us I thought it wise to mention the Fests-Down-Under method of communication when we are driving.

It was Ben who first lent me a Walkie Talkie on the Echuca Moama drive weekend last year and I have never looked back. The CB is constantly going with banter, directions, suggestions, calls for a toilet stop, demands for a meal stop, cars being called through for photo opps, checking on where we are and if all the cars are still together and a lot more. It adds another dimension to the drive you are probably unaware of.

If you wondered how we keep together it's because we place a car at the head or near the head and a car at the rear with a walkie talkie. So if you are keen to participate in this part of the drive then get yourself a hand held CB radio / walkie talkie. For two of the little buggers Dick Smiths has the pair for just $59.76 (http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.store ... View/D1804 ).

So guys, do yourselves a big favour and get a hand held. You really will enjoy it and it really does add to the drives.

Josh
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Good idea Josh...

I got a set for last year's drive from Dick Smiths and they proved very handy.

Also, bring plenty of batteries too!

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Roger That, this is the Captain speaking.

Mike Sierra Foxtrot Zulu.

Whiskey Tango Juliet Bravo.

I pack a deuce when I roll.

Copy That.

Out.
Serco

Albury

Post by Serco »

See what you've done Josh, he's started early!
Wait for the Willie Nelson music next.
Serco