Do we need a Winter Drive

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:
hoadie wrote:You're as bad as that Josh character. 9am it is.

Signed Ben who is slightly pissed at a pub in Balmain.
Sad bastard sitting in a pub in Balmain on a friday night with his laptop open. What a wanker!
Lolol
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Thanks everyone for coming, it was a great turnout, first time I've seen you blokes since Albury I think. How fantastic was the weather in the end?!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Yes indeed, it was an excellent day and i'm chomping at the bit to have another one in early september if anyone else is keen. Bathurst? Tarana? Hunter Valley to Newcastle etc?

No one took a photo today #-o Mind you, most of the cars had a fair bit of road grime after the morning's rain.

Nice trip following you two home Ben, i'm used to sitting on 110 on the cruise control coming back so i got back half an hour earlier that expected today. Where did you go Alex when you peeled off? Odd way to get to the north. Perhaps a secret assignation? You can tell us, we won't spread it around.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I too enjoyed the day and the company of you marvellous blokes. And strewth, how awesome is my new exhaust! So bloody awesome it makes me clench.

There was a strong police presence on my journey home to Capital City, but as expected the law merely applauded and offered the knowing nod as I sprinted home.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:I too enjoyed the day and the company of you marvellous blokes. And strewth, how awesome is my new exhaust! So bloody awesome it makes me clench.

There was a strong police presence on my journey home to Capital City, but as expected the law merely applauded and offered the knowing nod as I sprinted home.
We had one copper hiding in the bushes at the bottom of the steepest and fastest hill this side of the Great Divide. A hill so steep and fast that 450 kmh is easily achievable for those of us without a GPS. His pointed hat and blue flashing lights gave him away so we eased off to 300 kmh and gave him the finger and that was the last we saw of him.

Apart from that it was a fairly uneventful drive home and no clenching was required.

I averaged 4.6 l/100km of rocket juice. Damn! My car is awesome.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

MrE wrote:I too enjoyed the day and the company of you marvellous blokes. And strewth, how awesome is my new exhaust! So bloody awesome it makes me clench.

My anal sphincter tightened when I heard your new exhaust. I won't tell you what my other sphincters did!
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote: We had one copper hiding in the bushes at the bottom of the steepest and fastest hill this side of the Great Divide. A hill so steep and fast that 450 kmh is easily achievable for those of us without a GPS. His pointed hat and blue flashing lights gave him away so we eased off to 300 kmh and gave him the finger and that was the last we saw of him.

Apart from that it was a fairly uneventful drive home and no clenching was required.

I averaged 4.6 l/100km of rocket juice. Damn! My car is awesome.
All highly implausible. Looking forward to The Expendables though.

hoadie wrote:My anal sphincter tightened when I heard your new exhaust. I won't tell you what my other sphincters did!
I should imagine the tightening of your anal sphincter was a refreshing change, and it's a good feeling knowing that my car gave such joy to others.

Turns out I did manage to snap one single solitary pic.

Unfortunately you can't see my exhaust in this shot or what's happening to poor Ben.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

And a mighty good shot it is too.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:And a mighty good shot it is too.
It's excellent. Normally i'd pour scorn on such a lacklustre and poorly focused pile of crap masquerading as a photograph but as it's the only one we've got and you aren't in it then i repeat; it's excellent! Well done Ellis! =D>
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

One of Dead Feet's early hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh_A7N3_mc
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

We weren't as good as that.
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

What a great drive again, thanks guys for organising and selecting some fantastic roads again!

I didn't push any more cars off the road, one was enough :mrgreen:

I went to Springwood afterwards, hence I suddenly peeled off - I hadn't gone that way before, it was a spur of the moment thing and a little more scenic than the M7!

Looking forward to the next one!

Cheers,

Alex