Springtime Cruise - Labour Day Oct 4th?

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Springtime Cruise - Labour Day Oct 4th?

Post by hoadie »

So given that the Queens Birthday cruise got canceled, is anyone up for a weekend away on the Labour Day long weekend?

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Queens Birthday long weekend cruise ..

viewtopic.php?t=12118
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Sounds very good but i won't be able to make it. Emma is having a couple of weeks in France then so i'm on Mutley duty. I'd be up for a long drive though if i end up at home so i'd be happy to do part of the root and then freeway it home.

REgards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Sounds like a party at Paul's house is in order.

But an October overnighter might be good, maybe I can arrange a couple of extra days off to cover the distance. I'm sure it will be a much more appealing proposition as we get closer to October and the overnight temperatures warm up.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

MrE wrote:Sounds like a party at Paul's house is in order.

But an October overnighter might be good, maybe I can arrange a couple of extra days off to cover the distance. I'm sure it will be a much more appealing proposition as we get closer to October and the overnight temperatures warm up.
Cool. I've got leave around then and depending on which direction we go, was considering some touring, possibly up as far as the New England area.

I think Muttley would enjoy a nice cruise..
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

October should be fine for me, and a camping long weekend even better - I need some more practise with that stupid tent of mine! I'm sure a couple of cold beers in the fridge will do the trick again 8)
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Hi Guys -

October 4 is approaching rapidly, are we still looking at going on a long drive?
I'll take the time off work if we are - while I still have a car to drive too!

Cheers,

Alex
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hi Alex,

I won't be able to organise or attend - I have leave for two weeks the following weekend and have too much on with work.. though we should still organise something, a day trip perhaps in November?
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'd be up for a day trip in November. Rosie has Tafe Holidays during early October and we'll head to Melbourne for 5 or so days. Should be fun.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'd be a no show for this too i'm afraid. I'm flat out at work and doing a lot of driving up and down the coast so the long weekend will be the chance to potter around the garden and not get in a car or truck or ute for 3 days.

The show and shine has had to be missed this year too as i haven't had any time to clean the car.

Regards
Paul

Oh happy days, will they ever come again? :cry:Image
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:...a day trip perhaps in November?
Bathurst?
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

That's a good idea.. Or maybe down your way if Matt's car is on the road?
ozbmw

Post by ozbmw »

I hope to have my car back tomorrow, then its just a tidy up to be done. I will be sending the driveshaft away for new unis and balancing sometime but not before I get a decent drive in.

Maybe a trip to the Snowy Mountains is what you Sydneyites need to refresh your souls. We could meet in Cooma or here in Jindabyne and cruise around the mountains.
There is sleeping accommodation available at my house for any who wish to spend Friday or Saturday here. I am sure we can get the BBQ going as well as a few cold Bitburgers or Lowenbraus.

A trip into the Kosciuszko Nat Park costs $16 per vehicle but is well worth it.
Excellent photo opportunities, a group photo at Charlotte Pass and a walk down to the Snowy River!
Matt @ Snowy Mountains of Australia
http://bigcoupe.com/members/ozbmw
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

A trip down my way suits me just fine.

Matt's right, the roads around Kosciuszko are well worth checking out and our cars love em.

Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Show and shine on sunday. Confirming I'm out. If we do a drive to Melbourne then Rosie and I are in. As for Kosciuszko, the last time we all drove through there it was simply spectacular.