BMW Drivers Club NSW Show Of Excellence

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

BMW Drivers Club NSW Show Of Excellence

Post by Paul Humpage »

Any one going to the show and shine this year on the 19th of September?

I'm going to take the car along to show but won't enter it for judging this year as there's a fair bit of ropey trim showing its age and the rust spots are getting bigger.

From the club website.......

Our Annual BMW Show of Excellence for 2010 is at Silverwater Park on Sunday 19th September. There are valuable trophies to be won in classes for all BMWs. The classics 2002s 3.0CSL, 3.0L, E12 and E24s will all be on show for the biggest and best Show of Excellence that our Club has ever seen. Entry forms and all the judging information will be on this website at the beginning of August. Start preparing.

This is your very preliminary warning that the date has been set and the venue is Silverwater Park. This is our Annual show off event and it takes some of us 4 or 5 months to be fully prepared. There will be valuable trophies. There will be classes for all BMWs. We especially want to see the classics all out on show this year. 2002s 3.0CSL, 3.0L, E7, you know what I mean. If you have one, get it all prepared and bring it to the show. More info each month as we head towards the biggest and best Show of Excellence that our Club has ever seen.

http://www.bmwclubnsw.asn.au/calendar.shtml

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I might attend with my 1997 vintage Ford Falcon.
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Do you have to be a BMW Aus club member to enter?

Paul, I'm sure with your detailing skills you could win first place in most genuine E24 or BMW overall! A bit of rust confirms a good vintage like dregs in a good bottle of wine! (or yeast in a bottle conditioned beer - for the beer lovers amongst us)
Show me any beemer (which has been on the road) over 10 years without any rust and I will eat my floor mats!
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I might attend Paul. The car is a real rough sleeper as you know but hey, she's an e12 633 so why not. I'll talk to Rosie and see if I can book the day. It is not about winning anything. It's about being on the paddock.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

You never know Josh, my 633 won a prize a few years back because there were so few entrants in that particular age category. It was something like a 1976-1982 category and there were only 5 cars entered. I think the following year there was only one car entered in that category, so that bloke got 1st Prize.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Alex, you don't have to be a member to enter, you just pay your $10 or whatever it will be on the day.

The show and shine isn't really a show and shine which is why they call it a show of excellence. Of course it is a show and shine in that you're encouraged to show off your shiny car but it's not a detailing or car cleaning contest and prizes tend to go to something considered "interesting" as well as nice and clean. If you've fitted a different engine to your 6er and done a really neat job gains you a lot but so does a perfectly immaculate and untouched original example so it's hard to judge who will gain prizes.

Saying that, i like to go along as i like to show off the car especially as all other BMWs are shit. I enjoy polished and all that but there's bits of really naff trim like a badly ripped b pillar cover that i haven't the time nor inclination to get sorted this year so i will give the car a good polish and get it as spotless as possible but won't enter it for judging. It means i can sneak off early too :D

It would be good to see as many as possible there, the first year we did it there were 13 or 14 which looked great amongst the usual dross of the E30s and blah blah blah.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

MrE wrote:You never know Josh, my 633 won a prize a few years back because there were so few entrants in that particular age category. It was something like a 1976-1982 category and there were only 5 cars entered. I think the following year there was only one car entered in that category, so that bloke got 1st Prize.
I didn't buy Gertie as a show car. She's being refurb'd for twistie bits and track work. Still, would be fun so I'll talk to Rosie and see what she thinks.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

It's a good bit of fun for a couple of hours, even if you don't display your car (I won't be displaying mine). While some cars are over-represented (E30s!) there's still a good range of cars, mostly from 2002s and newer.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Crap. The Brazilian National Day at Darling Harbour is September 19. Rosie is going to have me along to this for sure......and it is great fun. Have a look here...... http://www.bracca.org/

So I'm going to miss this one. Shame. I'll be eating Brazilian food and drinking beer. Hmmmmmmm...... Sounds right up Ben and Pauls alley!