Child Restraint Anchor Points?

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Big_T

Child Restraint Anchor Points?

Post by Big_T »

G'day,

I've finally bitten the bullet and comitted to buying a 635csi. As I'm still in the homework stage I need to know if Aus delivered 635's have child restraint anchor points in the rear parcel shelf. Google gives conflicting information so I thought it best to ask some fellow Australians here.

The Owners Manual posted elsewhere on this site suggests there are anchor points but I would like to be sure.

Cant wait to start looking properly at the various cars for sale but I have to sell my dirty old Torana first (anyone looking for a 13 sec street machine? LOL).

Cheers,

Tony
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

No idea but let's face it, installing one or two eye bolts is no biggy!

Have you given thought to what model of 6'er you are after? My only recommendations would be to go for a tight body, no rust and a good paint job. Those, honestly are the big ticket items to fix. A used M30B35 engine can be sourced and installed for just a few grand but ruts and paint may go through the roof.

Good luck with the sale of the Torana.
V

Post by V »

My aussie delivered 86 did.
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Big T
Check out Ozibimmer on this website. He has a few cars for sale. I think.
Good luck,,,,Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
Big_T

Post by Big_T »

Thanks V, that was just what I wanted to hear. Not that its going to be a deal breaker because as Shipper said, its not too hard to instal the anchor points but if they are there already it makes my "sell" to the missus a lot easier ;-)

Greg - I've had a look as Addams site and I will be calling him re cars for sale if the one Im keen on doesnt pan out. A gent by the name of Craig (borboyous on here) has a Tobago Blue 635 for sale at the moment which Id like to have a closer look at. I dont want to waste his time kicking tyres though so I'll have to wait until the Torana sells.

There is also a cheapie Diamond Schwartz 635 up for sale at the moment however it has suffered wing damage which is no biggie to fix but Id rather something that doesnt require me mucking around with a spray gun etc.

Im quite looking forward to driving a car that doesnt attract the attention of the boys in blue. Although I do like my obnoxious Toranas, I think something a bit more refined will be a smarter choice given the current situation in QLD :-)
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Out of curiosity, please post a picture of your Toranas.
And, what is the situation in QLD? Is that short for Queensland?
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Big_T

Post by Big_T »

Greg - here is a link to one I have for sale http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Street-Strip ... 27db4f3bde

There is not much to compare them with in the States however the hatchback version closely reseambles a 70's Chevy Vega. They came standard with engine combos up to 5.0 litre V8 which in a light car made for a great power to weight ratio. They are increasingly popular with the baby boomers who have driven the value up the rarer models up considerably over the past few years. The more desirable models sell for $100k plus. Silly money in my opinion :D

As for the situation in Queensland the current Premier of the state promised "Australia's Toughest Anti Hoon Laws" during his election campaign. He made good on that promise successfully passing legislation that give police unpreceedented powers to confiscate and crush vehilces for so much as doing a burn out (on the second offence). Unfortuntely genuine folk with modified cars have been caught up in the hoon hysteria and are being targeted by over zealous police officers and having their vehicles defected for minor problems e.g. windscreen washer bottle not full or "H pattern" decal missing from a gear shift. The JDM\Import guys are getting hit hard with police operations being set up out the front of legitimate events but increasingly the muscle car guys are copping it too. Its a pretty sad state of affairs.

I could go on and on about this mate and although I was successful in establishing a Motoring Enthusiast related political party that got a Senator elected to Federal Parliament I dont actually see the problem going away in hurry. Well, not until a change of government occurs in Queensland anyway. None the less, the move to a BMW is a welcome break from the trials and tribulations of the political landscape and modified car scene. My sanity will thank me :D
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

What a terrible place to drive a car!! No 'H' pattern?! Seriously?? :x

BTW; I do see a resemblance to a Vega.
And, the ford resembles the front end of our early '70's Chevy Nova.
Thanx,,,,Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Big_T

Post by Big_T »

Thanks for the help so far guys. Things have worked out well and I should have a 635 parked in my shed by this weekend =D>

Needless to say Im quite excited !!

Looking forward to becoming a regular in these parts and meeting up with a few of you.

Cheers,

T
Robertb

Post by Robertb »

Hi Big-T.
We hope to meet you soon on some of our 6 series events.. there is a hell of a lot of knowledge in the BMW Car Club in Brisbane specifically on 6ers so let us know when you have her and i will let you know when our next outing is.
Rob Battle
Big_T

Post by Big_T »

Thanks Rob. The beautiful beast is sitting in my driveway now :D I need to do a few things for a road worthy but nothing I cant tackle with the knowledge posted here. I havnt had much of a chance to acquaint myself with her yet but I will certainly be having a play over the weekend. I will post up pics in the project thread soon.

The previous owner posted some up a will back under the heading "Tobago Blue 635".

Thanks for the invite mate, I'm sure we will meet soon enough.

Cheers,

Tony
Big_T

Post by Big_T »

Child seats all sorted. If anyone else is looking for a run down on the install I have posted some pics here viewtopic.php?t=22408

Cheers,

T