Sydney Basin Run And Picnic. 1st March 2014

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Sydney Basin Run And Picnic. 1st March 2014

Post by Paul Humpage »

A drive day at last :D

Saturday the 1st of March. Meet at the truck carpark of the M4 westbound service station (the truck car park is just next to Macdonalds) 9.30 for a 10.a.m departure.

We'll head off westwards on the M4 until Mamre Road and then wind our way southwards through Sydney's bucolic outskirts.

Here's the route.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=U ... 4&t=m&z=11

The finish spot where we'll have a picnic is a nice reserve at the end of Bargo River Road. We've stopped there before. I've chosen here as i like a picnic but if others prefer a barbecue then it's easy to carry on for 10 minutes to Avon Dam where i believe there are bbqs. I didn't go that far to check this monring when i did a recce run as i couldn't be arsed. I like bread rolls and ham and cheese and pickles and tomatoes and ginger beer and cake a lot more than a bit of burnt cow but if the burnt cow people are in the majority then i'm willing to accept democracy and do the dam run. There are no services at the reserve.

We should be there about midday depending on how many photo stops we have so if anyone wants to go on to the dam after then there's plenty of time.
It's a while since we did an organised one of these so if i've forgotten anything let me know.

1st of March. 9.30 for 10 departure, M4 servos westbound, truck park, bring something to eat and drink, sun hat etc.

Regards
Paul
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

G'day 6er's

I may just pop along to this if i get the chance, not in a 6er I'm ashamed to say.
Are these all sealed roads Paul?

ps i had to create a new account as couldn't get into old one, so this is the same Stu from before despite record showing 1st post.

cheers
Stu
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

StuM5 wrote:G'day 6er's

I may just pop along to this if i get the chance, not in a 6er I'm ashamed to say.
Are these all sealed roads Paul?

ps i had to create a new account as couldn't get into old one, so this is the same Stu from before despite record showing 1st post.

cheers
Stu
It's alive!!

All sealed roads Stu. Are you still in the M5?

Regards
Paul
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Gday - I hope to come along too on 1st March. Just getting the relevant clearances from my partner to ensure she hasn't pre-arranged anything else. Will confirm back soon.

Must find out how to attach a car pic to my profile - I'm fairly useless with technology.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

Paul Humpage wrote:
Are you still in the M5?

Regards
Paul
yes i still have the M5 but might have a new shitbox by then. If i do i will bring that instead.
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

G'day Paul

Yip - I'll be there on the 1st and I'm looking forward to it...be it burnt cow or cake. Your suggested route looks interesting too.

cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'm in. Rosie may need to run Gustavo to soccer that day so it may just be me.

Now those brakes......................
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

All I can say is Shipper01, is that I might be driving behind you - not in front of you - on the 1st

Sorry, could resist!

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

AndrewHolt wrote:All I can say is Shipper01, is that I might be driving behind you - not in front of you - on the 1st

Sorry, could resist!

Cheers
Andrew
Well Andrew, you take your risks either way with Josh, you dodge his brakes when you're in front of him or get asphyxiated by unburnt petrol fumes if you follow him.:D

Be good to see you there.

Regards
Paul
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

I see poor Josh is still the kicking bag!
Should be able to make it for the run.
Good to catch up.
Team Serco
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Paul Humpage wrote:
AndrewHolt wrote:All I can say is Shipper01, is that I might be driving behind you - not in front of you - on the 1st

Sorry, could resist!

Cheers
Andrew
Well Andrew, you take your risks either way with Josh, you dodge his brakes when you're in front of him or get asphyxiated by unburnt petrol fumes if you follow him.:D

Be good to see you there.

Regards
Paul
That is true. Ellis often noted this in his photos. So, either way, I've got your number.

Still, after the brakes are finished and between club runs I'll replace the engine with a brand new 370hp special I've got on a container ship. I'm not going to bother swapping my 5 speed overdrive with a 5 speed dogleg as I think 275kw and 460nm of torque should keep you rough lot at bay.
Paul Humpage

Re: run

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:I see poor Josh is still the kicking bag!
Should be able to make it for the run.
Good to catch up.
Team Serco
I'm sure it's not all that long since we saw each other Allan but it seems an age. Be good to see you and Daniel there. This will be a re-run of the first time we met.

Regards
paul
StephenW

Post by StephenW »

Ok, this drive I'm coming with a walkie talkie so I can join in the stupidity :lol: What type of radio do I need to buy?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

StephenW wrote:Ok, this drive I'm coming with a walkie talkie so I can join in the stupidity :lol: What type of radio do I need to buy?
Good idea Steve, walkie talkies are always helpful . I think we all have very similar Uniden ones. Both Ellis's and mine failed though early on, Ellis got a factory replacement while i went out and bought a more robust one which has lasted well. It's a UH720SX-NB

I think Ben's had his for years without any problems so he might be of more help.

Regards
Paul
StephenW

Post by StephenW »

10-4 Thanks
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

paging Paul Humpage please check your pm
thanks
Dave
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

m6dave wrote:paging Paul Humpage please check your pm
thanks
Dave
Roger that.

*edit. The pm reply keeps on timing out so you might get 2 pms or you might get bugger all. This is what i wrote.

Hi Dave,
I don't know if this will help much as mine are the 220/55/390 TRX. The load rating is 88 W. I can sort out the photo if that helps.

If you have to know the exact rating for your size then try a contact to www.longstonetyres.co.uk as they have yours in stock and would give you the information you need i'm sure. Free postage mate so you could get a new set :D

Let me know if you need that photo.

Regards
Paul
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Hi Paul
I got the pm twice. That is the info I need don't worry about the photo.
Cheers
Dave
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

m6dave wrote:Hi Paul
I got the pm twice. That is the info I need don't worry about the photo.
Cheers
Dave
Excellent. Good job i didn't click the send button endlessly in frustration or i would have filled your inbox.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Paul Humpage wrote:
StephenW wrote:Ok, this drive I'm coming with a walkie talkie so I can join in the stupidity :lol: What type of radio do I need to buy?
Good idea Steve, walkie talkies are always helpful . I think we all have very similar Uniden ones. Both Ellis's and mine failed though early on, Ellis got a factory replacement while i went out and bought a more robust one which has lasted well. It's a UH720SX-NB

I think Ben's had his for years without any problems so he might be of more help.

Regards
Paul
Mental note, new batteries, and mayhaps spare batteries.
nagaro635

Post by nagaro635 »

Gday guys, long time no see. I'm trying to get along to this one. Just have to check a few things
John
Sydney
Australia

1988 BMW 635csi - 'Glamour Machine'
BMW E46 M3 (Manual)- 'A shot in the arm'
2003 Nissan Maxima- 'work aholic'
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Be good to see you there John. It seems ages since we all met up.

Regards
Paul
AusE24

Post by AusE24 »

Wish we could make it.. love to catch up on a northern nsw run in the future.

Greg and Jenni
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'm still without drivable car, so I'd say at this stage it's a 50/50 chance I'll be attending.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Hope you can make it Ben. My 633 is off for more work tomorrow. Hopefully she is right for Saturday. If not, I'll take my Renault as for me its also about catching up with you guys. Should be great fun.

Josh