Wollombi Pub Run 28th June 2014

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Re: Im confused

Post by Paul Humpage »

cambalzer wrote:Are we meeting at the original point - Near Wildlife Park off freeway roundabout at 10ish, or not? :-k
Yes we are. On Google Maps there's a side road called Flynns Road just off the M1 where we'll pull over.

Regards
Paul
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Paul the airport is at Cessnock not Somersby. It is across the road from the Crowne Plaza motel. There is an odd shaped hangar building visible from the road and the information centre sign.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

m6dave wrote:Paul the airport is at Cessnock not Somersby. It is across the road from the Crowne Plaza motel. There is an odd shaped hangar building visible from the road and the information centre sign.
I see. That's well out the way to meet up early. I'll ring Bob when we leave and trust to luck then.
nagaro635

Post by nagaro635 »

Hi guys, John here I (and the little lady) would like to come along too. I will be there at Flynns Road 10ish too. Looking forward to it- I haven't been on a run for along while :-)
John
Sydney
Australia

1988 BMW 635csi - 'Glamour Machine'
BMW E46 M3 (Manual)- 'A shot in the arm'
2003 Nissan Maxima- 'work aholic'
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

That's right fellas, I can't make, I'm needed in the Capital, get ready for a major political announcement on Monday.

Aside from that, have a fine time, sounds like there's a cast of thousands coming along so should be good.

Take a picture or two for me.

Regards,
Ellis.
Tigersirote

Post by Tigersirote »

Stuck on the old Pacific highway due to a truck fire on the M1! Wait for us please :(

Jerry
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

That was a really great day. A slow start with us from the south being held up with the truck fire on the M1, an hour and a quarter crawling the last kilometre to the Berowra exit wasn't much fun but we all got there.

It was great to meet everybody again, 2 worthy of note was Jerry with his 1986 model and finally after eons Dave turned up in a 6er so his moniker of M6Dave is finally apt.

Not much chance for any photos on the go or anything special but it was good to be able to park in thew paddock behind the Wollemi Tavern to get us all together. Cam and Steve are missing from the line up as they had to leave early.

Dave on the right, Jerry on the left

.Image

Thanks to Bob for putting the word out via the register and getting the friendly folk from the North down, 11 cars was a great surprise.

Regards
Paul
Tigersirote

Post by Tigersirote »

What an awesome day out...thanks for organising, Paul. Ready for the next one. cheers, Jerry
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

That's a lot of 6's in the one spot. Looks like more fun than we had on Victoria this weekend freezing our backsides off
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

What a fantastic turnout!

I'm really enjoying the pics, especially the second one, which for me at least, displays upside down :)
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Here's what caused the drama

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Blimey, there's not much left of it.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:What a fantastic turnout!

I'm really enjoying the pics, especially the second one, which for me at least, displays upside down :)
Buy a computer ya cheapskate! Half the world appears the wrong way up nowadays with these tablets and "smart' Phones.
robertodonnell

Post by robertodonnell »

Hi gents,

I happened upon your run yesterday in Wollombi, and though a mutual friend on this forum found the site.

I was sitting in a café in the main street when they all motored through and I could not believe my eyes! They are a credit to you all. I don't know if any of you spotted my car, it was the blue e34 540i parked opposite the pub.

Regards,

Robert.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote: Image
That's a very shiny display of cars fellas, very nice work. The roof racks look cool too.

Pictures are the right way up for me, what on earth is Hoadie on about?

The truck, goodness me... it looks obliterated.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

This is what hoadie is on about.

Looks like the iPhone is too clever for itself and has picked up the fact the photo was originally rotated (from the EXIF data) and has "corrected it"
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

robertodonnell wrote:Hi gents,

I happened upon your run yesterday in Wollombi, and though a mutual friend on this forum found the site.

I was sitting in a café in the main street when they all motored through and I could not believe my eyes! They are a credit to you all. I don't know if any of you spotted my car, it was the blue e34 540i parked opposite the pub.

Regards,

Robert.
G'day Robert,
All you need to do is swap the E34 for an E24 and you can join in :D

Regards
Paul
robertodonnell

Post by robertodonnell »

G'day Paul,

I won't be swapping the LE for anything, 6 gears and 4 cams makes for lots of fun!

I may be tempted to purchase one though, so she has a mate. I'm always looking.

Here's a pic of the last time I went on a social trip with some other e34's

Cheers,

Robert
Attachments
IMAG1364.jpg
IMAG1364.jpg (912.6 KiB) Viewed 18375 times
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Hi Robert
I did notice your car parked in the main street as we went by the cafe and heard you drive off later on but I did not realise it was an LE otherwise I would have been up there checking it out! You should have called in and said hello anyway. Do you live in the Newcastle area?
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

love the photos. Great turnout. 11! Usually we push hard for 4 or 5.

Josh
nagaro635

Post by nagaro635 »

Gday Robert,

Yes, I noticed a really nice dark green E34 take off in a westerly direction. It had a nice snarl to it which grabbed my attention (as planned) 8)

You should have come over. We all share a passion for the same marque
John
Sydney
Australia

nagaro635

Post by nagaro635 »

Thanks Paul and Robert for arranging the get together. It was a great day. I met some new faces too and it was goood to catch up with the other guys and girls too. Its good to see the partners enjoying the day too, I know mine certainly did. -John
John
Sydney
Australia

GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

Robert:
What a great panoramic shot of, I guess E34's!
Will you share how you did it, please?
All those drinks on that truck,,how sad! Was it beer or wine?
Leave it up to a functioning alcoholic to bring it up, huh? :roll:
Looks like wine bottles from here in Long Beach!
Greg
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
robertodonnell

Post by robertodonnell »

Gents,

Yes, I should have come over and introduced myself, but at the time we left I could not determine where you were all sitting.

And, yes, guilty of giving it a load of right boot on exit. Bit I did notice some heads turn in the beer garden, so mission accomplished as I think worked out where you were! I also had to get over the noise of that Cayenne as it took off up the hill, it was pretty angry.

I am Newcastle based, we live in Kahibah. #65 is the family car, and I only manage to wrestle it off the wife on family drives, so I tend to make the most out of every opportunity.

Oh, and the panorama shot? HTC One, just press the button and it does the rest!

Cheers,

Robert
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

I dig the shot of the e34's as well.
I only recently bought a 540i manual a few weeks ago which te old owner added a vortech supercharger kit. It's now a hard choice when both keys are in the bench which one to take.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6