Wollombi Pub Run 28th June 2014

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Paul there are two fuel pumps, one in the tank that you access through the cover in the boot floor and one under the car with the fuel filter beside the diff above the rhs drive shaft. How long since your filter has been replaced?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

m6dave wrote:Paul there are two fuel pumps, one in the tank that you access through the cover in the boot floor and one under the car with the fuel filter beside the diff above the rhs drive shaft. How long since your filter has been replaced?
Bee-Emms do the full service on mine dependent on the miles so i'd say it was done when it was supposed to be but i will mention it at the next service.

I wondered what was under that cover in the boot. Thanks

Regards
Paul
Tigersirote

Might be able to make it.

Post by Tigersirote »

I will try to make it as well. My 86 635i would love some company for the day. cheers, Jerry
Paul Humpage

Re: Might be able to make it.

Post by Paul Humpage »

Tigersirote wrote:I will try to make it as well. My 86 635i would love some company for the day. cheers, Jerry
Welcome to the forum Jerry. It would be great to meet a new 6er driver, the more the merrier.

What colour would we be looking out for if you can make it? A photo is worth a thousand words.

Regards
Paul
Tigersirote

Post by Tigersirote »

Hi Paul...she is silver and I will try to figure out how to add a picture...not too tech savvy. Cheers, Jerry
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Rice burners, fuel pumps, footy carnivals, Josh's outstanding driving skills....oh and the drive at the weekend. Are we still meeting at 10am just off Peats Ridge Road as per Paul's original post?

Unless the meeting point/time has changed, Lydia and I will be setting off from Western Sydney around 8.30am and getting to just north of Calga for 9.45am. Is that the correct meeting point??

My mobile will be 0415 940 070 on the day or Lydia's 0406 191 106 if you need to make contact on the day (or if we get lost).

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Hi Andrew,
Yes, meeting at the original point just off the motorway on Peats Ridge Road at the intersection with Flynns Road. Looking closely at Google Maps there isn't a lay by or anything similar but as there's not many of us i think we should be fine at the side of the road. Check here on friday in case i've found a spot up the road to meet.

I was thinking of 8.30 too from here, Pennant Hills Road shouldn't be too bad and the short bit of the M1 should be clear.

Regards
Paul
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Sounds good Paul. Looking forward to it and will check back in on Friday. Weather forecast for next weekend looks reasonable...subject to change of course :-k

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
635 tragic

Post by 635 tragic »

G,day, I hope to get 5 or 6 cars together on Saturday.We are meeting at the roundabout at the end of the M1 at 10 45. We may be able to tag onto your party if i can work in to your route.Cheers Bob.
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Hi Guys
I would like to suggest that after leaving Wollombi pub we head out to broke then back in through the vineyards past hunter valley gardens. There will be good opportunities for photos among the vines. Then go over lovedale road to the new hunter expressway and back down to newcastle, this crosses over the m1 so those that want to scoot home from there can do so. Others travel in to the newcastle beaches and king edward park, more photo possibilities here then plenty of choice on the route home depending on time and commitments.
cambalzer

Post by cambalzer »

Im interested in running.
Ill see you either Pennant Hills or the PArk laybay.
White 635CSi chrome bumpers

Cam Balzer
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

m6dave wrote:Hi Guys
I would like to suggest that after leaving Wollombi pub we head out to broke then back in through the vineyards past hunter valley gardens. There will be good opportunities for photos among the vines. Then go over lovedale road to the new hunter expressway and back down to newcastle, this crosses over the m1 so those that want to scoot home from there can do so. Others travel in to the newcastle beaches and king edward park, more photo possibilities here then plenty of choice on the route home depending on time and commitments.
Thanks Dave, i was hoping for some input from the locals. Once we've left the pub we can follow whoever wants to lead us off a nice scenic way. It makes a nice change for me to follow rather than being at the front all the time.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

635 tragic wrote:G,day, I hope to get 5 or 6 cars together on Saturday.We are meeting at the roundabout at the end of the M1 at 10 45. We may be able to tag onto your party if i can work in to your route.Cheers Bob.
Be good to all meet up Bob but we will all be at the pub i reckon if not before.

Regards
Paul
635 tragic

woollimbi pub run

Post by 635 tragic »

G,day Paul , what time do you think your group will arrive at the pub? Cheers Bob.
Paul Humpage

Re: woollimbi pub run

Post by Paul Humpage »

635 tragic wrote:G,day Paul , what time do you think your group will arrive at the pub? Cheers Bob.
Buggered if i know to be honest. We'll go straight up to Wollemi and then do the loop as per Ben's suggestion. 12 ish at a guess maybe?
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Guys
here s my suggestion for after the pub. How do I make a better link that this?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Woll ... 26!1m0!3e0
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Above where you have your destinations there's a button that looks like a chain (you'll see 'get directions', 'my places', and a printer); click on it and you'll see options for the URL of the route.

Who's coming in your group of cars? It'll be good to see some extra 6ers if that's the plan.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Dave I just had a look at your proposed route. I'm not sure if you saw Paul's earlier post but we're actually planning on doing a loop through Broke etc prior to lunch. I'm not sure there'll be much interest in doing it again.

http://goo.gl/maps/X8QCN
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

I'll be in Bob's group, not sure who else he has lined up.
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

hoadie wrote:Dave I just had a look at your proposed route. I'm not sure if you saw Paul's earlier post but we're actually planning on doing a loop through Broke etc prior to lunch. I'm not sure there'll be much interest in doing it again.

http://goo.gl/maps/X8QCN
Thanks Ben I had missed that. I was suggesting the drive along Broke Road for photo opportunities among the vineyards. Perhaps we could all meet along there before lunch? The Cessnock airport has good coffee, we could meet there it's near the corner of Wine Country Drive and Broke Road.
Tigersirote

Post by Tigersirote »

The missus and I will meet you at 10am at Peats Ridge Rd and Flynn Road. cheers, Jerry
redaussie6

Post by redaussie6 »

Count in a dusty red sixer as well please :D
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

...and a Polaris silver sixer (complete with missus) too
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Excellent news ladies and gents. Once us mob from the south set off from Peats Ridge Road i'll give Bob a ring to see where he is and we should be able to meet somewhere along the route so we can all drive as one. Dave's idea of Somersby airstrip might work out well especially if they do a cuppa. We can just do the loop of Peats Ridge Road and all meet up there.

A reminder for those that have them to bring walkie talkies, it helps to make things a bit easier.

Good to see you Alex and be good to meet Jerry, car and missus for the first time.

Ellis has had to drop out as he's flat out writing Clive Palmer's acceptance speech for Prime Minister elect.

Regards
Paul
Last edited by Paul Humpage on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cambalzer

Im confused

Post by cambalzer »

Are we meeting at the original point - Near Wildlife Park off freeway roundabout at 10ish, or not? :-k