Western Sydney/Lower Blue Mountains. 30th August 2014

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Western Sydney/Lower Blue Mountains. 30th August 2014

Post by Paul Humpage »

Here's a nice shortish one for a saturday morning, ending up with lunch at the Royal Cricketers Arms at the back of Prospect.

http://goo.gl/maps/sNCjo

Meet at 10 for a 10-30 departure at the Nepean Rowing Club which is on the right of the Great Western Highway just before you cross the bridge. Don't head for the big Olympic rowing and white water centre on the signposts, it's the small club with a decent sized carpark on Bruce Neale Drive you want. The Google Map shows it clearly.

From there we'll head up Castlereagh, climb the mountains up the steep hairpins and do a convoluted route to be aim for being at the Cricketers for 12-30.

It's important that i have a rough idea of numbers the week before as to get a good table at the pub i shall book a week ahead especially if there's a number of us. Anyone who decides to join in on the spur of the moment on the day is more than welcome but an idea of numbers will be more helpful than normal for this one.

http://mycricketers.com.au/

Any questions then ask away.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

now to just get my car back from Melbourne. A nice short drive for Gertie's first. And a pub lunch. Paul, this is why you are the lead Musketeer!!!!
StephenW

Post by StephenW »

I'm in \:D/
redaussie6

Post by redaussie6 »

Please count me in too

Cheers,

Alex
TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

Great idea but the boss is working, still keen on September.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Trev, we can do a late September drive as well, just as long as we miss the first weekend of the school holidays. I'm thinking Gertie is going to love the drive!!!!!!
TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

I reckon you'll be giving to Gertie every chance you get!
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Count me in for the drive too. Lydia's working that day 8)
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Well hopefully the weather is a bit clearer on the day than this morning, that is if we want to get a good view from the viewpoint up the mountain. I rode out to Olympic Park this morning and there wasn't a whole lot to see.....

Emma is planning on coming on this drive as she loves the Cricketers and the drive isn't long and twisty and vomit inducing so if anyone wants to bring their better halves along then everyone is more than welcome.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Nice and foggy. So foggy you have disappeared. I think it is the way we drive that is vomit inducing rather than the actual roads themselves, although some just need to be driven a certain way.

Hoping for car exhaust complete this week, if not, I'm running out of time. Might need to bring the Renault.
TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

Some severe shrinkage there Paul, your 6er looks a pushy!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

There's a link between the bike and the 6er, they are built for the same purpose :D

TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

I'll pay that.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Unfortunately my car won't be ready. Exhaust should be finished over next two weeks and car back to Matt but, getting the engine to run at the 370hp plus requires a side-loader diff sensor that mine just does not have. Otherwise I'm stuck with 250hp. So we need to go searching for the right side-loader diff, an LSD if we can find one. That's scheduled for October.

Sorry about this guys.

Josh
TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

That sux! Just got mine back on the road this morning.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Don't get me wrong. Matt is doing a brilliant job. Th exhaust guy takes time and there was a lot of work modding the extractors to get around the steering box. They are off now to get ceramic coated. The biggest problem is getting a modern ECU to talk to an old old car. Simply put the new engine needs sensor readings to realise that it is driving at speed and needs to give all 370hp. The e12 633CSi has no such amenity and we are trying to work that all out.

Have a great drive guys.

Josh
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote: Exhaust should be finished over next two weeks and car back to Matt but, getting the engine to run at the 370hp plus requires a side-loader diff sensor that mine just does not have. Otherwise I'm stuck with 250hp. So we need to go searching for the right side-loader diff, an LSD if we can find one.
I will admit that that is all Greek to me. The thought of you with 370 bhp frightens me though :D
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'll make a booking tomorrow for half a dozen of us, at least only being a few we will get the food quicker :D

If any others do decide to come during the week then i doubt we will overwhelm the pub. There's the new huge water slide park down the road but at this time of the year i don't think they bother opening. Hardly the weather eh?

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I shall see you all tomorrow, the weather forecast looks pretty good for us out in the West. If you've got a walkie talkie then bring it along. The route is easy to follow and with only the 4 cars i don't think we'll get lost but it's good to have them all the same.

Any problems tomorrow then i'll have my phone on. 0413 047 068

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Ha! My car was dead so we went in the Saab, Alex and Andrew were nowhere to be seen so thanks for turning up Steve. It was a pleasant short drive and lunch was good.

The solitary 6er.
Attachments
cricketers.JPG
cricketers.JPG (279.59 KiB) Viewed 20216 times
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Oops, I forgot about this one. I was hesitant to commit because I've had work functions the last two Friday nights and couldn't be sure what state I'd be in come Saturday morning. Seems the alcohol did it's job and killed my braincells. I didn't remember until around 11am.

Hopefully we'll get some decent weather soon. I went into the city and it was pretty miserable on the road.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

your 6'er died again Paul? Same issue??
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

Geez doesn't look too sunny there. We all getting sunburnt here in Melbourne. 1x 6er is better than none I guess.

Josh I hope your exhaust is being finished soon as I'm waiting to get mine done from same place. Have you considered going for a standalone computer? More money more work but great results. The management can be temptimental in the s38b38 and u can rid yourself of the unique (and very expensive) maf.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote:your 6'er died again Paul? Same issue??
No. The radio aerial didn't retract when i drove it in the driveway on friday arvo, it does it now and then but pops down half an hour or so later. It never did pop down overnight however and it must have meant the radio was still using some charge even though it wasn't actually turned on so the battery was flat when i went to start it.

It was fully charged up from putting the charger on when we got home and of course started on the first turn but i have to say that i think saturday was the straw that broke the camel's back and all my enthusiasm has gone out of the window. I'm going to get something more practical that i can bung the bike in the back and needs no work, probably another Saab wagon. The 6er will be up on Ebay this week at a giveaway price so it's gone as soon as possible.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Don't forget to mention that the air-con is as sweet as George Michael's breath.