NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:
hoadie wrote:PS. If I put my club sticker on my head I'll earn 3 points!
You might be better off if you put a bag on your head.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Jealousy is a very ugly character trait gentlemen.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

this should be great to have a class just for E24s, how many do you reckon will turn up for the event? Id sure like to see moneybags!!

-Jeff
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I agree. I commented last year that I found it annoying that the judging categories were based on year of manufacture rather than model designation, pitching '80s model 6ers up against 40 or more varying 3s, 5s, 7s and 8s, in the context that the '77 Moneybags only came third because it was in a field of five. Given that Paul's 6er especially, in perfect condition inside & out with quality original TRXs and an original Becker radio, didn't rate a mention seemed rather unfair to me when, in my eyes, there is no comparison between an E24 and the early 80s 3 series that came first. Obviously I'm biased when it comes to E24s, but I'm sure you all understand what I'm saying.

So at least now the Club seems to be recognising the rarity of these cars down here and doing something to encourage E24 participation in their signature event. The change doesn't do much for the other categories of entrants, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see a category specifically for 6ers.

There were about 15 or 16 E24s at the 2006 show, but only 7 or 8 at last year's, so its anybody's guess how many will show up this year.

As for Moneybags being there, that might be a bit tricky, though I'd certainly have a better chance of winning something if mileage & age are a deciding factor!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Ellis, it might be a stupid question but are you coming along this year?

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:Ellis, it might be a stupid question but are you coming along this year?

Regards
Paul
I reckon. Its on the cards.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:Ellis, it might be a stupid question but are you coming along this year?

Regards
Paul
I reckon. Its on the cards.
Good man!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Allan mentioned at the end of the Bathurst thread about meeting for breakfast beforehand. Sounds good to me. I reckon around Five Dock would be our best bet as it's close and if Ben doesn't show his car at least the miserable bugger can meet us for brekkie. Ideas for a cafe Ben? We've met in Five Dock before but i can't remember where.

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'm happy to organise breakfast in Five Dock - it'll be easier for everyone than trying to meet in Burwood as Burwood is a pig for parking, even early Saturday morning.

Just need a quick show of hands so I know roughly how many ppl to book for, then I'll make a reservation.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

jackie and i are in, should be easier to get there than to burwood for sure!

cheers,

-Jeff
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I'm happy to organise breakfast in Five Dock - it'll be easier for everyone than trying to meet in Burwood as Burwood is a pig for parking, even early Saturday morning.

Just need a quick show of hands so I know roughly how many ppl to book for, then I'll make a reservation.
Don't forget it's a sunday, not saturday.
Serco

Post by Serco »

Daniel & I for sure.
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Me and Emma too, especially sunday.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I guess I can arrange Sunday, even though it's the day of rest and sleep in. Who organises these events to be on a Sunday?!?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I guess I can arrange Sunday, even though it's the day of rest and sleep in. Who organises these events to be on a Sunday?!?
It gives us an extra day to wash and polish and wax. That is good.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Breakfast will be at/near this spot

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=e ... 27637&z=15

Rough address is 137 Great North Road, Five Dock

Jeff: Bus 438 will drop you off almost right outside, 437 gets pretty close. I believe both routes depart from Town Hall and run past Broadway

You can get more info from:

http://www.131500.info/realtime/default.asp

I'll provide the name of the place once I've made a reservation.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Breakfast will be at/near this spot

Jeff: Bus 438 will drop you off almost right outside, 437 gets pretty close. I believe both routes depart from Town Hall and run past Broadway

Good man.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

hoadie wrote:Breakfast will be at/near this spot

good on ya mate,

looks like those buses should work out just fine, they run nice and early on sundays as well, are we thinking of an 8am brekky or a little later due to not going on a scenic drive?

cheers,

-Jeff
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I don't know if Paul's posted this or not, but here's how the day is mapped out.
Times for Sunday 21st September:
7:30 AM Park opens for Exhibitors to enter and set-up their displays.
8:30AM to 10AM Entrants arrive at Burwood Park and complete final detailing. There is a special part of the park in the north west corner reserved for tow vehicles and trailers so there is no problem bringing your BMW on a trailer.
10:30 to 11AM Judging Commences until completed around 2:30 to 3PM
3:30 Grand Presentation Ceremony. Trophies awarded and prises presented.
Around 4PM event concludes.
Entry to the park for all exhibitors and entrants is via the vehicle gate off off Park Rd. or off Comer St.
As for breakfast, we'll need to meet around 8am so the entrants will have enough time to get to Burwood Park and touch up their cars.

The cafe is called "Bar Napoli", and is actually on Garfield Street. It's about where this truck is.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=e ... p=1,0,,0,5

It's probably best to park along Great North Road, that way we can all leave together

ie here

Hope that makes sense.

My number for those who don't have it is 0412 966 505.

Oh and thanks to Emma for her help!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'm hungry already.

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'm always hungry. Does it show?
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Well I was due to help my sister move house, but that's been bumped so I'll probably turn up without the 6er (nowhere near clean or presentable)
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Aussie_6er wrote:Well I was due to help my sister move house, but that's been bumped so I'll probably turn up without the 6er (nowhere near clean or presentable)
Noooo! How can you turn up without the 6er? You'll be walking around constantly thinking "damn! damn! damn! Why didn't i bring the 6er? It would look superb against all these run of the mill BMWs"

Your wheels alone will look better than any BMW built since 1988. Bung it under the pressure wash at Car Lovers and bring it along, you know you want to. :D

Regards
Paul
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Paul Humpage wrote:
Aussie_6er wrote:Well I was due to help my sister move house, but that's been bumped so I'll probably turn up without the 6er (nowhere near clean or presentable)
Noooo! How can you turn up without the 6er? You'll be walking around constantly thinking "damn! damn! damn! Why didn't i bring the 6er? It would look superb against all these run of the mill BMWs"

Your wheels alone will look better than any BMW built since 1988. Bung it under the pressure wash at Car Lovers and bring it along, you know you want to. :D

Regards
Paul
With such short notice I don't have time to enter the S&S (unless they take entries on the day) I did have this Saturday free to wash the car after I found my weekend was free. That was until I arrived home tonight to news out of the blue that I have to move house too in a few weeks! :evil:
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Start thinking about buying your own place!

By the time you have the deposit, interest rates may have dropped a bit more. Maybe.