NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Post by Paul Humpage »

Just a heads up to get in early for those wanting to do the BMW club show and shine here in Sydney. I've just had the flyer come with the latest club mag with the details. Nothing on the club website yet but i'm sure there will be soon.

This year they're calling it a Show Of Excellence (must mean only 6ers are allowed :D ) but it's still a show and shine with trophies.

The venue is Burwood Park on Burwood Road in Burwood as part of the Burwood Festival. Normally i think it's a tenner to enter and the day is always a good 'un even though there's lots of sitting around. I shall definitely be going and spending the weeks before polishing mine until it shines like the sun. Anybody else keen just shout out and if there's enough we can do the usual and meet up for brekkie first.

If a link comes up on the club website i'll bung it up.

A couple of years ago there were 13 or 14 6ers and they looked bloody superb in a line.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Indeed they did, a very impressive lineup of very impressive 6ers that day.

If judging is based on a similar criteria to previous years I should think Serco's car would be a surefire winner. The combination of age, excellent condition and rarity would quite likely take home a gong.
hoadie

Re: NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:Just a heads up to get in early for those wanting to do the BMW club show and shine here in Sydney. I've just had the flyer come with the latest club mag with the details. Nothing on the club website yet but i'm sure there will be soon.

This year they're calling it a Show Of Excellence (must mean only 6ers are allowed :D ) but it's still a show and shine with trophies.

The venue is Burwood Park on Burwood Road in Burwood as part of the Burwood Festival. Normally i think it's a tenner to enter and the day is always a good 'un even though there's lots of sitting around. I shall definitely be going and spending the weeks before polishing mine until it shines like the sun. Anybody else keen just shout out and if there's enough we can do the usual and meet up for brekkie first.

A couple of years ago there were 13 or 14 6ers and they looked bloody superb in a line.

Regards
Paul
There's always something on at Burwood park at this time, and the club has a contingent there, so I think the SnS may still be on.
Paul Humpage

Re: NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:Just a heads up to get in early for those wanting to do the BMW club show and shine here in Sydney. I've just had the flyer come with the latest club mag with the details. Nothing on the club website yet but i'm sure there will be soon.

Regards
Paul
There's always something on at Burwood park at this time, and the club has a contingent there, so I think the SnS may still be on.
I know, but i think maybe they want to just call it something different. Buggered if i know why, the idea of a good old show and shine appeals greatly to me.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

My club magazine is sitting next to my toilet and I'm in my study and can't be bothered walking the 3metre to the lav, however I do seem to recall them saying there will be prizes for this event and it's not a concourse OR SnS event, so how will it be judged???

I'll be there at some stage as it's almost walking distance to my house.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:My club magazine is sitting next to my toilet and I'm in my study and can't be bothered walking the 3metre to the lav, however I do seem to recall them saying there will be prizes for this event and it's not a concourse OR SnS event, so how will it be judged???

I'll be there at some stage as it's almost walking distance to my house.
I bet it'll be indentical to the Show And Shine but with a different name to encourage folks who just want to pop along but don't want to feel they have to clean their car for weeks beforehand. There's always a fair few comments on ECCA in the run up to this where people say they'd like to go but not enter a S'n's so perhaps it's catering to those types?

Can we go around to your place to watch the telly if it gets a bit dull midway through the arvo?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:
I bet it'll be indentical to the Show And Shine but with a different name to encourage folks who just want to pop along but don't want to feel they have to clean their car for weeks beforehand.
Or the types who give their current model 3 series' a good 15 minute vacuum the night before. There ought be a trophy for Most Excellent Vacuuming Effort 2007-08.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

im definitely down to see a whole BMW convention in oz if its going to be that close to me haha!!

i would probably be able to grab a bus or something over to it as well.

leaving in one week guys!!!!!

-Jeff
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Yeah it's a Show-n-Shine by another name. Time to get polishing. 8)
This is NOT a concours d'elegance or an old Show-n-Shine. IT IS A SHOW OF ALL THINGS BMW
What else could be added over the norm? Motorcycles? Aircraft engines?
Club track cars, BMW race cars, special cars, ordinary cars
It's in the middle of Burwood, so get ready for a big contingent of the doof-doof brigade with their blinged up "M" E36's. And be kind... they're "special" :lol:
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Aussie_6er wrote: It's in the middle of Burwood, so get ready for a big contingent of the doof-doof brigade with their blinged up "M" E36's. And be kind... they're "special" :lol:
:lol:

I'm going to grow a mullet for the occasion.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

jbd5015 wrote:im definitely down to see a whole BMW convention in oz if its going to be that close to me haha!!

-Jeff
90% of all the buses in Australia stop at the Burwood depot so you'll have no problem getting there. 85% of the 90% go passed Sydney uni so you won't have to wait long for one.

Have a safe trip.

Bring a coat, it's cold.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Aussie_6er wrote:Yeah it's a Show-n-Shine by another name. Time to get polishing. 8)
This is NOT a concours d'elegance or an old Show-n-Shine. IT IS A SHOW OF ALL THINGS BMW
I've got a BMW torch and a BMW fridge magnet I could enter.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

amibuggnu wrote:
Aussie_6er wrote:Yeah it's a Show-n-Shine by another name. Time to get polishing. 8)
I've got a BMW torch and a BMW fridge magnet I could enter.
Maybe you could get your Torque of the Town photo signed by your short skirted friend and Karl's mum?
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

Paul Humpage wrote:
jbd5015 wrote:im definitely down to see a whole BMW convention in oz if its going to be that close to me haha!!

-Jeff
90% of all the buses in Australia stop at the Burwood depot so you'll have no problem getting there. 85% of the 90% go passed Sydney uni so you won't have to wait long for one.

Have a safe trip.

Bring a coat, it's cold.
how cold is cold for you guys? cold to me is like 0 to 5 degrees celcius...

still bringing a jacket and stuff, but i hope its not that cold when i get there!!!

-Jeff
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

jbd5015 wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:

-Jeff

Have a safe trip.

Bring a coat, it's cold.

still bringing a jacket and stuff, but i hope its not that cold when i get there!!!

-Jeff
It gets below 5 further out west in the early mornings, but generally 9-10 is considered bloody cold during the day and doesn't go much below that.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

Aussie_6er wrote:
jbd5015 wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote: 90% of all the buses in Australia stop at the Burwood depot so you'll have no problem getting there. 85% of the 90% go passed Sydney uni so you won't have to wait long for one.

Have a safe trip.

Bring a coat, it's cold.

-Jeff
It gets below 5 further out west in the early mornings, but generally 9-10 is considered bloody cold during the day and doesn't go much below that.
well then i should be right at home in that type of weather!! Its been a little warm here, but it looks like inside sydeny is hitting 18 to 20 which seems absolutely wonderful with the sun out shining!

Ill be heading out to the airport in a few hours now, going to LAX to fly down, ill be there on the 17th in the morning only to fly to brisbane about an hour after landing...

-Jeff
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Hey Paul -

Do you have to be a member of the BMW club to join that day, or is everybody with a Sixer welcome?

Cheers,

Alex
Redaussie6

Post by Redaussie6 »

Bugger - just realized I will be in SA that weekend... Sorry guys!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Redaussie6 wrote:Bugger - just realized I will be in SA that weekend... Sorry guys!
If it turns out you will be here then to answer your question above, No, you don't have to be a member of the club. Well, you never have had to when it's just been called a show and shine. There's an entry fee which if i remember is $10. That's the fee for entering your car of course, there's no fee to come along and have a look.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

The entry form and judging criteria is now up on the BMW club website. At last the 6ers are all going to be in the same class! We will have a special class all of our own :D

Scroll down the calendar page to all the details.

http://www.bmwclubnsw.asn.au/calendar.shtml

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:The entry form and judging criteria is now up on the BMW club website. At last the 6ers are all going to be in the same class! We will have a special class all of our own :D
Regards
Paul
Heavens to Betsy, you might actually win something this year Paul!! :lol:
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Well, as it's a show of excellence, I might just enter myself in. I'm bound to win!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

PS. If I put my club sticker on my head I'll earn 3 points!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Well, as it's a show of excellence, I might just enter myself in. I'm bound to win!
The boobie prize, 'cos you're a big boobie.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:PS. If I put my club sticker on my head I'll earn 3 points!
You might be better off if you put a bag on your head.