NSW BMW Show And Shine 21st September 2008

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Aussie_6er wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:
Aussie_6er wrote:Well I was due to help my sister move house, but that's been bumped so I'll probably turn up without the 6er (nowhere near clean or presentable)
Noooo! How can you turn up without the 6er? You'll be walking around constantly thinking "damn! damn! damn! Why didn't i bring the 6er? It would look superb against all these run of the mill BMWs"

Your wheels alone will look better than any BMW built since 1988. Bung it under the pressure wash at Car Lovers and bring it along, you know you want to. :D

Regards
Paul
With such short notice I don't have time to enter the S&S (unless they take entries on the day) I did have this Saturday free to wash the car after I found my weekend was free. That was until I arrived home tonight to news out of the blue that I have to move house too in a few weeks! :evil:
Bugger
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

hoadie wrote:Start thinking about buying your own place!

By the time you have the deposit, interest rates may have dropped a bit more. Maybe.
I'm letting my mate do the buying if he wants to. The downer is he wants to move further west. :? The upper is he already has his eye on places with double garages. So I can go nuts with whatever I project I want, such as finishing my bike restoration, then perhaps a 6er. 8)
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Aussie_6er wrote:
hoadie wrote:Start thinking about buying your own place!

By the time you have the deposit, interest rates may have dropped a bit more. Maybe.
I'm letting my mate do the buying if he wants to. The downer is he wants to move further west. :? The upper is he already has his eye on places with double garages. So I can go nuts with whatever I project I want, such as finishing my bike restoration, then perhaps a 6er. 8)
Are you at least coming for breakfast???
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'm looking forward to breakfast and i'm looking forward to the show and shine. It will be wonderful. I shall take photos but only of the 6ers.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Gday Fellas,
I'm going to give it a miss this year. I've been a bit disorganised lately and won't be making it to the show.

But I hope you all have a great time, hopefully the 6er category will encourage an impressive line-up of E24s like the '06 show.

I really hope Paul's car gets something, you can't deny the marvellous quality and excellent original condition of Paul's car, right down to TRXs and the Becker, as well as the effort he puts in to maintaining that condition.

And Serco's car has gotta get something. The age & quality & uniqueness of that car is stunning, its a significant E24 and it's practically mobile tradition in the flesh.

Take pictures for me fellas, good luck with it all and make sure you sort out all the details of that interstate meet!

Regards,
Ellis.

ps. I'll put up a thread shortly for a Wee Jasper run in late October.
Serco

Post by Serco »

Oh dear, a team without a Captain usually means a beating in the game.
Paul you must take the reigns and lead us into battle.
See you next month Captain!
Serco
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Rudderless and up shit creek. Nevermind.

I'm ready :D

jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

no worries Ellis, we'll catch up with you in october!!

Paul the car is looking great!!! Cant wait to see it in person!!

Ill be meetin up with you guys at the show as opposed to brekky, gotta save some money for my trip coming up!! Ill look for the real cars, and im sure ill find you haha

-Jeff
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

jbd5015 wrote:no worries Ellis, we'll catch up with you in october!!

Paul the car is looking great!!! Cant wait to see it in person!!

Ill be meetin up with you guys at the show as opposed to brekky, gotta save some money for my trip coming up!! Ill look for the real cars, and im sure ill find you haha

-Jeff
Sure it's not the early start that's the reason for skipping breakfast? ;)

Seeya at the show :)
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Well that was fun. The field of 6ers was quite significant. There were a notable amount of entrants and i came 2nd. That is one place higher of course than Ellis in Moneybags and i think the significance of the quality of the entrants added to the importance of being awarded second prize in this festival of excellence. Allan and Daniel collectively known as Serco acheived third place which is worthy of congratulations in itself. 3rd in actual fact equals Ellis who was third. The significance of the quality of the entrants and the difficulty in acheiving a place on the podium amongst the other entrants is not to be sneezed at.

So to recap.

I came 2nd. 1 place superior to Ellis some years ago. Serco came 3rd which equalled the result of Ellis.

The Australian contingent of Big Coupe carried the day i think it's fair to say.

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Let's see if I understand correctly.. There was a field of 4 and you came 2nd. Is that 2nd best or 2nd worst?

So more importantly, who came first?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Let's see if I understand correctly.. There was a field of 4 and you came 2nd. Is that 2nd best or 2nd worst?

So more importantly, who came first?
Field of 4? Ha! You lie.

The owner of the M6 didn't have his entered for judging so there was a field of 3. I was still second though.

The black car won. The paintwork was a bit grubby as was the interior but it had a big engine taken out of another car. The winner by a huge margin i'd imagine.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Congratulations for coming 2nd in a field of 3. That's 2nd best and 2nd worst!

And congratulations Alan; I did say as I was leaving there was a good chance you would place. Just think - if you cleaned your wheel arches you may have come 2nd, and if you put a few more KMs on your odometer, you might've come 1st!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Congratulations for coming 2nd in a field of 3. That's 2nd best and 2nd worst!

And congratulations Alan; I did say as I was leaving there was a good chance you would place. Just think - if you cleaned your wheel arches you may have come 2nd, and if you put a few more KMs on your odometer, you might've come 1st!
Just 2nd best mate, 2nd best.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

2nd Place Getter in Excellence hey! Congratulations your Excellency. Category E is the best of the categories, I know because I came 3rd in Category E back in 2006, at the E24 30th Anniversary Commemorative Show n Shine. My god it was tough competition in those days, I was in a field of five and I came 3rd, which I think we'd all agree beats a 2nd in today's climate. But anyway, not to take anything away from your moment, good onya buddy, well done!!

Was there a prize? I got $50,000 cash and $50,000 in gold bullion when I won back in '06. Very competitive back then too. Did you get a prize of any sort or just a photo with Beatrice?
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Is that the owner of Karl? She was parked directly in front of Paul's car so he could watch / leer at her detailing her car.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Here are the award winning cars. 2nd and 3rd place

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:2nd Place Getter in Excellence hey! Congratulations your Excellency. Category E is the best of the categories, I know because I came 3rd in Category E back in 2006, at the E24 30th Anniversary Commemorative Show n Shine. My god it was tough competition in those days, I was in a field of five and I came 3rd, which I think we'd all agree beats a 2nd in today's climate. But anyway, not to take anything away from your moment, good onya buddy, well done!!

Was there a prize? I got $50,000 cash and $50,000 in gold bullion when I won back in '06. Very competitive back then too. Did you get a prize of any sort or just a photo with Beatrice?
No mate. 2nd is better than 3rd full stop. Or period as our colonially challenged friends say. You came 3rd, i came 2nd. I think 3rd was rather a piss poor effort to be honest. Weren't you beaten by a bubble car? Or was it a 316e? Hmm? Hmm?

Serco's 3rd was in a different league to your 3rd. His was most excellent (twice removed) I don't believe when you staggered in 3rd it was a Show Of Excellence. It was a show and shine. 2 different things altogether mate. His car doesn't have a dent in the door from a pigeon flying into it either.

My prize was knowing that i was the 2nd most excellent. No amount of cash can beat that. I'll bring the trophy down next month and we can compare my glass statuette to your perspex novelty gift you got for 3rd.

Thank you for your kind words regardless.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Here are the award winning cars. 2nd and 3rd place

Good photos Ben, you're getting bloody good at this
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Ok, to summarise:

Paul: 2nd most Excellent
Serco: 3rd most Excellent
Ellis: 3rd most Shiny
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:
amibuggnu wrote:2nd Place Getter in Excellence hey! Congratulations your Excellency. Category E is the best of the categories, I know because I came 3rd in Category E back in 2006, at the E24 30th Anniversary Commemorative Show n Shine. My god it was tough competition in those days, I was in a field of five and I came 3rd, which I think we'd all agree beats a 2nd in today's climate. But anyway, not to take anything away from your moment, good onya buddy, well done!!

No mate. 2nd is better than 3rd full stop. Or period as our colonially challenged friends say. You came 3rd, i came 2nd. I think 3rd was rather a piss poor effort to be honest. Weren't you beaten by a bubble car? Or was it a 316e? Hmm? Hmm?

Serco's 3rd was in a different league to your 3rd. His was most excellent (twice removed) I don't believe when you staggered in 3rd it was a Show Of Excellence. It was a show and shine. 2 different things altogether mate. His car doesn't have a dent in the door from a pigeon flying into it either.

My prize was knowing that i was the 2nd most excellent. No amount of cash can beat that. I'll bring the trophy down next month and we can compare my glass statuette to your perspex novelty gift you got for 3rd.

Thank you for your kind words regardless.
Hmm.

If I was beaten by a bubble car, or a 316 diesel, or whatever, then so were you.

My prize is knowing I beat you at the Motorkhana. :lol:
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:

My prize is knowing I beat you at the Motorkhana. :lol:
Wrong thread mate, wrong thread.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

hahaha, you guys are nuts. Jackie and I were justing commenting on reading the past few threads and realized something. If we didnt know you guys at all, and didnt know how sarcastic you blokes can be, you would all seem like assholes hahaha, always bickering about which car is better (which is clearly moneybags, as a pair of levi's is holding the rear end together!!!)

good on ya guys, the cars looked great, and i agree, the black car shouldnt have one the event, nothin close to a period original car. Not to say the car wasnt badass, and there wasnt a HUGE amount of work to get it where it is, but just in a different class.

cheers,

-Jeff
Serco

Success

Post by Serco »

Captain,
The truth is the team was successful.
Mission accomplished!
Congrats to Paul, his love of these cars is passionate, just see how he prays to his shark!
And yes 2nd and 3rd where REAL E24's
Serco
Attachments
21 Sep 08 009.jpg
21 Sep 08 009.jpg (82.04 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
21 Sep 08 010.jpg
21 Sep 08 010.jpg (70.1 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
21 Sep 08 050.jpg
21 Sep 08 050.jpg (77.35 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I bet no-one thought to take a photo of the E24 sign after it was corrected?