Bathurst Run, Saturday 23rd August

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:
hoadie wrote:As I told Paul earlier today, my gearbox and tailshaft are to be bunged back into the car tomorrow, so should be all set for Saturday morning.

Apparently the gearbox has been totally stripped and rebuilt, including the torque converter clutch. Labour and parts just for the tranny come to about $2000, then there's my mechanic's labour

:roll:

Very much looking forward to having the car back on the road and driving properly - it's been close to 12 months since this problem cropped up. New uni-joints and wheel bearings should make for a nice, smooth ride 8)
I'm looking forward to attempting to keep up with you. You'll have to let us have a lap to see how it feels. I'll try not to crash it.
Ha! But I'm a shit driver. I don't think you'll have any problems keeping up lol
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

awww!
i love the bathurst run!

shame i'm now a full blown mexican again!

hope you have a good trip guys, take some pics for me to have a squiz at!

I have mine back on the road now... AS A DAILY!!! lol
its great, makes the 20 min run into work nicer than in a falcon ute!

cheers boys
H&K
Serco

Post by Serco »

As a side issue and something we can discuss on Saturday, has the idea of a run around Albury / The Murray involving our Mexican 6er friends ever been discussed.
It could be on a long weekend, camping maybe.
Just a thought.
See you all at Glebe
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:As a side issue and something we can discuss on Saturday, has the idea of a run around Albury / The Murray involving our Mexican 6er friends ever been discussed.
Just a thought.
See you all at Glebe
Regards,
Allan
No it's not been discussed but it's a bloody good idea.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

sorry for my newbness to the down under lingo, but when you say mexican, what do you guys mean? Im guessing its a slang word for an area of Oz??

Also noted of the chillyness of the mountains. I was telling my friend about the trip and he said, "Your going to Bathurst?! Dont you know how damn cold it is out there?!"

Definitely bringing a couple layers of clothing, along with an empty sandisk for the camera and spare batteries!!!

See yall in glebe!!

-Jeff
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

Victoria = Mexico.... south of the border

Yeah, Bathurst is frikken freezing mate, rug up
Serco

Post by Serco »

South of the bording (State of Victoria) down "Mexico" way.
Aussie humour!
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Bathurst couldn't be any colder than Canberra surely!!

You're right Jeff, slang it is, Mexicans pretty much refers to people in Victoria/Melbourne as its down south, but its all a matter of perspective really because people in Queensland would probably refer to all of us as Mexicans.

I have one set of CB radios, but Paul usually takes command of my other one as he and I love to banter and make snide remarks about one another's choice of music. The down side is that we also get to hear Hoadie constantly whingeing & complaining.

As for batteries Jeff, if you want to pack your battery charger as well. I can run an AC plug in the car which can be used whilst we're driving. We may not need to charge batteries but it won't hurt to bring it along.

Ellis.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Serco wrote:As a side issue and something we can discuss on Saturday, has the idea of a run around Albury / The Murray involving our Mexican 6er friends ever been discussed.
Just a thought.
See you all at Glebe
Regards,
Allan
For sure let's organise a NSW/Vic get-together, that would be great.

Matt, just don't sell the M before we get onto this okay!

H&K
Ellis.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

amibuggnu wrote: I have one set of CB radios, but Paul usually takes command of my other one as he and I love to banter and make snide remarks about one another's choice of music. The down side is that we also get to hear Hoadie constantly whingeing & complaining.
Bah, you guys just can't handle hearing the truth about your crap taste in music!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Bathurst forecast for today

Forecast for Thursday
Fine although mostly cloudy. Light to moderate west to northwest winds, becoming fresh and gusty at times, and turning cold southwesterly in the evening/overnight.

Orange : Fine. Cloudy. Max: 11
Mudgee : Fine. Cloudy. Max: 17
Bathurst : Fine. Cloudy. Max: 15
Katoomba : Fine. Cloudy. Max: 13
Lithgow: Fine. Cloudy. Max: 13
Springwood:Fine. Cloudy. Max: 19

No Buthurst forecast for Saturday, but here's the regional one. Orange is close enough to Bathurst anyway

Forecast for Saturday
Early frost. Isolated showers or drizzle mostly in the east, clearing later. Cold south to southwest winds.

Orange : Mostly fine. Min: -4 Max: 8
Katoomba : Shower or two, clearing. Min: -1 Max: 10
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

well i'll try not to! i would be really keen on a run with you lot again!

from what i can tell, QLDers still call us mexicans but not NSW or that other territory that is just a shit part of NSW that the NSW doesnt want...

Thanks for the H&K Ellis!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Back in the olden days, the whole east coast was called NSW, as per this map

So those Qlders can get stuffed lol
Serco

Post by Serco »

I fear a history lesson on Saturday over the air waves!
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

mnd6 wrote:well i'll try not to! i would be really keen on a run with you lot again!

from what i can tell, QLDers still call us mexicans but not NSW or that other territory that is just a shit part of NSW that the NSW doesnt want...

Its not just NSW mate, the whole damn country want nothing to do with us!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Serco wrote:I fear a history lesson on Saturday over the air waves!
What I don't know about Australian history is not worth knowing. And I don't know much lol
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

amibuggnu wrote:
mnd6 wrote:well i'll try not to! i would be really keen on a run with you lot again!

Its not just NSW mate, the whole damn country want nothing to do with us!
i know, except when summer nats is on.... lol
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

All this talk about music, Ellis i hope youve got a good sound track for this trip!!!! Jackie and I are big fans of classic rock, so dont be bashful and feel free to turn up the floyd/zep/etc...

cheers,

-Jeff
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

jbd5015 wrote:All this talk about music, Ellis i hope youve got a good sound track for this trip!!!! Jackie and I are big fans of classic rock, so dont be bashful and feel free to turn up the floyd/zep/etc...

cheers,

-Jeff
What's this floyd/zep you talk about? I think Ellis is more a Bon Jovi fan.

If only Bruce Willis would put out a CD - Ellis would think he'd died and gone to heaven!
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:
jbd5015 wrote:All this talk about music, Ellis i hope youve got a good sound track for this trip!!!! Jackie and I are big fans of classic rock, so dont be bashful and feel free to turn up the floyd/zep/etc...

cheers,

-Jeff
What's this floyd/zep you talk about? I think Ellis is more a Bon Jovi fan.

If only Bruce Willis would put out a CD - Ellis would think he'd died and gone to heaven!
Hoadie, you twit. Stick to the Australian history mate, you know not of what you speak. I'd say 'wish you were here', but that would be a lie.

Bruce Willis has released two albums of which I own one on LP and CD (that's right, two copies of the one album), and the other on a cassette. No, you can not borrow them. Then of course there is the Hudson Hawk soundtrack (I have on CD) on which he sings two songs, cover versions of two very popular standards. No, you can not borrow it.

As I own a motorbike it is clearly a given that I am a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, so Bon Jovi has its place in any collection of classic rock.

Everybody with CBs, we won't be telling Hoadie what channel we're on. Cool? Cool.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I sincerely hope you lose them when you move house!
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

haha, bon jovi is great with us too. We at PSU have a great affiliation with living on a prayer. They play it at the football games and its great to hear 110,000 people singing it haha!!

im guessing that you guys have call signs on the radios right?

-Jeff
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

jbd5015 wrote:haha, bon jovi is great with us too. We at PSU have a great affiliation with living on a prayer. They play it at the football games and its great to hear 110,000 people singing it haha!!

-Jeff
Well I'm the Captain. That's all you need to know. The others can make up their own (as I have mine!)
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:
jbd5015 wrote:haha, bon jovi is great with us too. We at PSU have a great affiliation with living on a prayer. They play it at the football games and its great to hear 110,000 people singing it haha!!

-Jeff
Well I'm the Captain. That's all you need to know. The others can make up their own (as I have mine!)
I thought you were Roger? I'm going to be Diggory.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:
amibuggnu wrote:

-Jeff
I thought you were Roger? I'm going to be Diggory.
I thought you were "That pommy git"