Bathurst Run, Saturday 23rd August

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Guys... a fascinating thread of conversation! :lol:

But the Bathurst drive this weekend sounds like a blast, so I hope it all goes well. I'm a little green with envy.

We want pics!

BTW - the discussion about a drive to include the "Mexicans" should be a priority. Some of us from the land of free settlers (read: no convicts!) might be interested as well.

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Mark Elliston wrote:Guys... a fascinating thread of conversation! :lol:

But the Bathurst drive this weekend sounds like a blast, so I hope it all goes well. I'm a little green with envy.

We want pics!

BTW - the discussion about a drive to include the "Mexicans" should be a priority. Some of us from the land of free settlers (read: no convicts!) might be interested as well.

Cheers...
It would be good to be able to organise something in which you could be involved Mark. You've been a long time contributor to this forum so it would be good to be able to meet up. We'll have to put some concerted effort in to making something feasible for all concerned.

Regards,
Ellis.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

if its any more of a push to do the "mexican meet", jackie and i would love to join in the fun, especially to get down south and see the other parts of Oz that we wouldnt be seeing otherwise. Our alternative transport is also much less appealing (ie domestic flights, trains, buses, taxis...kinda boring)

-Jeff
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:
amibuggnu wrote: I have one set of CB radios, but Paul usually takes command of my other one as he and I love to banter and make snide remarks about one another's choice of music. The down side is that we also get to hear Hoadie constantly whingeing & complaining.
Bah, you guys just can't handle hearing the truth about your crap taste in music!
Hoadie's choice of driving music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl68bnlc3u4

Imagine listening to this for 6 hours on end with him blabbering in your ear the whole time.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:
hoadie wrote:
amibuggnu wrote: I have one set of CB radios, but Paul usually takes command of my other one as he and I love to banter and make snide remarks about one another's choice of music. The down side is that we also get to hear Hoadie constantly whingeing & complaining.
Bah, you guys just can't handle hearing the truth about your crap taste in music!

Imagine listening to this for 6 hours on end with him blabbering in your ear the whole time.
That's allright. A worthy choice in fact. It's this rubbish that makes me think he's a deaf ape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22w55vzzqns
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

jbd5015 wrote:if its any more of a push to do the "mexican meet", jackie and i would love to join in the fun, especially to get down south and see the other parts of Oz that we wouldnt be seeing otherwise. Our alternative transport is also much less appealing (ie domestic flights, trains, buses, taxis...kinda boring)

-Jeff
How long are you here ?
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Paul Humpage wrote:
amibuggnu wrote:
hoadie wrote:Bah, you guys just can't handle hearing the truth about your crap taste in music!

That's allright. A worthy choice in fact. It's this rubbish that makes me think he's a deaf ape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22w55vzzqns
Bugger, I can't delete your posts here.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

And this is what Paul listens to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIukkNh29NE
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

hoadie wrote:
jbd5015 wrote:if its any more of a push to do the "mexican meet", jackie and i would love to join in the fun, especially to get down south and see the other parts of Oz that we wouldnt be seeing otherwise. Our alternative transport is also much less appealing (ie domestic flights, trains, buses, taxis...kinda boring)

-Jeff
How long are you here ?
leaving november 23rd.

-Jeff
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:And this is what Paul listens to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIukkNh29NE
Bloody excellent!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Forecast for Saturday

Forecast for Saturday
Local early frosts. Isolated showers or drizzle in the east, clearing later.
Fine in the west. Partly cloudy. Cold, moderate to fresh south to southwest
winds.
Orange : Early frost. Fine. Min: -2 Max: 8
Katoomba : Shower or two, clearing. Min: 0 Max: 9
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Forecast for Saturday

Forecast for Saturday
Local early frosts. Isolated showers or drizzle in the east, clearing later.
Fine in the west. Partly cloudy. Cold, moderate to fresh south to southwest
winds.
Orange : Early frost. Fine. Min: -2 Max: 8
Katoomba : Shower or two, clearing. Min: 0 Max: 9
With luck we will be leaving the drizzle behind us as we head westwards into the interior of this wide brown land.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Yeah, as we're not going thru Katoomba I think we'll be ok.
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

anyone who is gonna be at brekky wanna give me their cell number so ive got someone to contact?

you can just give me a call tonight at anytime so ive got it, or ill just check this tomorrow morning before headin out.

cheers,

-Jeff
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

jbd5015 wrote:anyone who is gonna be at brekky wanna give me their cell number so ive got someone to contact?

you can just give me a call tonight at anytime so ive got it, or ill just check this tomorrow morning before headin out.

cheers,

-Jeff
hi mate, mine's 0412 966 505.

p.s. I live the closest which means I'll probably be there the latest lol
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I look forward to seeing you all in the morning. We should get to Richmond on time, there's a handy little kiosk at the end of the car park that does not too bad coffee so if we're a bit late you can fill up on caffeine. I shall not only bring my phone but might also turn it on.

0413 047 068

Regards
Paul
NIN344

Post by NIN344 »

wont be there for breakfast, but will meet you at Richmond, sans Euro :(
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Wake up adam
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

Hey mates,

Thanks for the killer run today!! We had a great time, and Jackie and I are looking forward to the next one!!! What an experience to ride with you guys and see the sites like you do, memories to last a lifetime!!

Ill have to look through the 300+ shots ive got and find the good ones and post them up!!

cheers,

-Jeff
NIN344

Post by NIN344 »

hoadie wrote:Wake up adam
lol
NIN344

Post by NIN344 »

Awesome day! Too many BMW's though, next one, I will bring the Porka. Maybe.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hey Jeff, glad you enjoyed it. Was it as far out of the city as you expected?

I've had a really quick look through my photos and I've got what I at least consider to be pretty good photos.

Here's a sample

Aussie salute

Brocky

L for lunch - for hungry M5s!

Those wheels look GREAT!
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

hoadie wrote:Those wheels look GREAT!
Bloody awesome shot, thanks mate! Unfortunately most of my pics were crap, I must be out of practice.

Fantastic day from start to finish. The weather behaved itself, and we had a lot bigger turnout than the usual couple of drivers and their 6ers.

We had an international contingent, non-6er drivers (that M5 sounds awesome), extra passengers, 2 beaut staffies ...........and a step ladder.

Here's a few that did turn out:

I'm knackered, cramps in neck & hand still. Note to self: must install sports seats before next cruise. Catchyaz there!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

What a brilliant day!

I've put a new post here

viewtopic.php?t=7340

in the Gallery section where everyone can see how much fun we had so bung your photos in that post.

Ben, your photo of Greg is superb, who did you lend your camera to?

He he he

Regards
Paul
Serco

Post by Serco »

Sorry for my late reply but work had taken over.
Firstly a sensational run to Bathurst, probably the best so far. Excellent pictures, especially Paul's starting grid shot. As it is now my screen saver so many people look and go WOW!.
Secondly are the regulars meeting for breakfast before the S&S later this month, is everyone coming?
Thirdly when & where is the next run?
And last we must try to have a run with our Mexican / Crow Eater friends for next year. Can we discuss at the S&S.
Again thanks to all (Ellis but no snow!)
Regards,
Allan