Interstate meeting

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Lazza635

E24 Interstate get together

Post by Lazza635 »

Well, guys, it seems that you just want the Southern boys to get together, The 6 Series Register is not a "Johnny come lately" group. We have been active for more than 8 years. We did organise a very successful 30 year anniversay gathering. The southern boys were invited but none arrived. Bowdens hosted a very convivial day, they do have 2 x 635 CSi's Black incolour with a bit of racing history. You may recall the Australian Touring cars series of 1985. In addidtion, we covered roads used for the Suncoast Rally the following day and had 24 cars. We are affiliated with BMW Clubs Australia, with a highly active membership.
As for a website goto http://www.bmwclubqld.asn.au/Filestore/ ... edonTweed/
and see some of the cars on display, there were 11 E24's on that day. We exist to appreciate these vehicles and as a support network to ensure they remain in as best condition as possible. sourcing parts and maintenance to a high standard.
We have links to the original JPS team, Frank Gardner and Jim Richards are both keen to support the 6 Series Register. (and have done so in the past)
I think it would be remiss to discount the Qld group and distance a get together so far away as to exclude the largest active group of 6's in the country. Just because they are not on this forum doesn't mean they don't exist. 8)
Attachments
Copy of IMG_0503.JPG
Copy of IMG_0503.JPG (492.72 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
Serco

meeting

Post by Serco »

Lazza,
I am pleased you have got that of your chest, maybe now we can move forward with some positive ideas.
Can we throw the challenge to you and your colleagues to put forward proposals for an interstate get together next year.
Anyway, in the interim we encourage all 6er enthusiasts (including Queenslanders) to come along to Echuca in March for an informal and relaxing weekend.
Regards,
Serco
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Lazza

Jesus Christ mate, have a sook why don't you. Did you read anything of what we have written? Where did we suggest the E24 register was a bunch of johnny come latelys? Did we not say we've known of the Register for years, long before the Internet became the most practical way of building a community spread out across a country?

What we're organising is a bunch of mates getting together for a drive. Like we have done time and time again. If you or anyone can make it, you are more than welcome. If you can't make it then we won't take it personally. I do however take offence that you accuse me of excluding you and your friends, simply because what we're doing is not convenient for you.

The Echuca meet will happen, and it will be our first chance to meet people from other than our local area. I hope we can do more of these in the future. Seeing as you are the spokesperson for what you suggest is the strongest and most active community of 6er owners in the country then I encourage you to put forward some ideas for a meet that is your idea of inclusive and is your idea of convenient. If I can make it there I hope I enjoy it. If I can't make it there I hope it goes well.

Good luck.

Ellis.
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

C'mon Larry - settle down mate.

We're all after the same thing - to share and enjoy our passion for the 6 series. It's just that this is a bloody big country and sometimes it's just not convenient, financially viable or we're just too busy to travel the kind of distances necessary to all be in the same place at the same time.

That's why several of us from this neck of the woods who considered attending next year's BMW Nationals have decided against it - it's just too far.

Same with the anniversary event at Bowdens. In fact I think I mentioned to you & Greg at the time that I would do all I could to get there, but sadly it was just too far, too costly and too time consuming for me to travel from SA.

And when the opportunity was muted to get together with a group of like minded people from this forum, within reasonable travelling distance, it seemed like a good idea so we've pursued it.

We're not excluding anybody - quite to the contrary. We want as many 6 series owners as possible to take part. But we also understand and appreciate that time, money and distance sometimes simply can't be overcome.

Regarding the 6 series Register... I think it's a great concept and should be supported by all 6'er owners. But my car has been listed on the Register since it's inception and I was regularly receiving newletters and the like. But I've heard nothing from the group for the past couple of years. So I was under the impression that it was struggling for support and direction - much like our SA'n BMW Club, which is all but defunct.

Larry - as a suggestion, why don't we get all the Aussie's from this forum to provide details of our 6'ers to the Register to boulster numbers even further and that way we can hopefully be included in all the Register correspondence and combine our energies and efforts.

I've been in touch with Greg Tymms at the Qld BMW Club who is aware of our Echuca get together and is happy to support us by spreading the word up there. The invitation is definitely open to ALL E24 6 series owners, but we're sensible enough to realise that distances & time may prevent many from attending. But we have to start somewhere.

So as I said in an earlier post - lets keep a truly National get together on the agenda and see if we can make it happen at some time in the future.

For the moment though, I want to try and round up as many 6 series owners (particularly from here in SA) as I can, and make the Echuca meet a success and hopefully a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Cheers for now...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
Serco

meeting

Post by Serco »

Well voiced Mark.
What is the address for the "Register"
Regards,
Serco
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Lol!
hoadie

Re: E24 Interstate get together

Post by hoadie »

Lazza635 wrote:Well, guys, it seems that you just want the Southern boys to get together, The 6 Series Register is not a "Johnny come lately" group. We have been active for more than 8 years. We did organise a very successful 30 year anniversay gathering. The southern boys were invited but none arrived. Bowdens hosted a very convivial day, they do have 2 x 635 CSi's Black incolour with a bit of racing history. You may recall the Australian Touring cars series of 1985. In addidtion, we covered roads used for the Suncoast Rally the following day and had 24 cars. We are affiliated with BMW Clubs Australia, with a highly active membership.
As for a website goto http://www.bmwclubqld.asn.au/Filestore/ ... edonTweed/
and see some of the cars on display, there were 11 E24's on that day. We exist to appreciate these vehicles and as a support network to ensure they remain in as best condition as possible. sourcing parts and maintenance to a high standard.
We have links to the original JPS team, Frank Gardner and Jim Richards are both keen to support the 6 Series Register. (and have done so in the past)
I think it would be remiss to discount the Qld group and distance a get together so far away as to exclude the largest active group of 6's in the country. Just because they are not on this forum doesn't mean they don't exist. 8)
I'm curious in what you mean by the Register being very active. I considered handing some money over a couple of years ago but after seeing the newsletter, which was a copy and paste of forum threads, I really could not see any benefit there is more activity on forums such as this.
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

Stick me down as a yes too for Echuca barring any unforseen circumstances.

Will likely wimp out of that long a drive it in and bring the 6 up on a trailer behind the wheeled sofa, but will be good to take it for a decent run once up there, meet you guys, and see some other 6ers to give me some ideas on what to do with mine.