Not a Fest, after help - considering purchasing off ebay.de

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

StuM5

Not a Fest, after help - considering purchasing off ebay.de

Post by StuM5 »

hey Aust Sharks

I came across these wheels on ebay.de and was wondering if any one had purchased from here before. The price is currently sensational and auction finishes on 16/9. Of course I'd have to ask if they would even send to Aust or alternately I was thinking some of you might have a contact overseas that I could arrange to send it to first of all.

here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ORIGINAL-BBS-Le-Mans ... 286.c0.m14

cheers
Stuart
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hopefully Paul reads this as I believe he bought his wheels from Germany and can offer you some insight..

They're a great looking wheel and if you do buy them and get sick of em, I'll take them off your hands lol
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

What Ben said. I bought my Alpina wheels from a bloke in Germany and he shipped them via Deutche Post /DHL here. Postage was expensive and very, very slooooow. 4 months all up for the kind of price that you normally get it from the UK in 4 days.

If the price with postage is still sensational and you're willing to wait then go for it but i've yet to buy anything from Germany, whether records or car parts that hasn't taken an eon to arrive and it's always bloody frustrating. After the long wait for the wheels i've vowed not to bother again from there.

Not very encouraging am i?

Allan is a bit of an international traveller, perhaps he might have an idea.

19 inch wheels are biiiig. Have you gone all Lebo?
Serco

Post by Serco »

Stuart,
There is an old saying "buyer beware".
Paul is so correct with the frustrations expected in dealing with overseas transactions. Both language and time difference is a major problem. My worst experiences have actually been with the USA! (you can't just walk around the corner and eye ball someone)
Second issue is the air freight costs. I expect each wheel to weigh 20kg x 4 =80kg plus packaging. Freight at the moment is about A$10 / kg, with minimum charges $150 so you can see it becomes expensive.
Unless you are desperate for these wheels and prepared to wait, remember "buyer beware"
These wheels would look good with a pair of dice hanging from the rear vision mirror!
Regards,
Allan
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

Thanks for the help and comments guys including the smart ones!

Paul, I do consider I have a bit of Lebo in me, but I'm only partially sic though!
Standard rims are 18's so a 1" increase ain't to drastic.

Allan, I'll see if I can get the seller to chuck in some fluffy dice.

Appreciate the comments RE: geography, communication barriers, cost and hassle of freighting etc. Even if freight was AUS$900 and I could get the wheels for AUS$2,000 (plus govt taxes) it would still be a good saving. These wheels (without tyres) retail at around AUS$5,000 so add in some 19" tyres and you're looking around min $7K.

Anyway not going to do anything about these ones just see what they sell for.

cheers
Stuart