Wee Jasper, NSW - Saturday 25 October 2008

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Re: run

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:Back from OS today, checked out the old girl and she's ready to rumble.
Paul, should we bring our trophys to show the Captain?
See you all at 10 on Saturday.
Serco
My trophy is mounted on the front of my bonnet, pointy end upwards like a Mercedes Benz emblem. I think the Captain can't fail to notice it. I shall run the bastard down if he fails to point it out.

My photo is in the BMW club magazine too. I shall be signing autographs on saturday at the bbq for just a small nominal charge. I suggest putting a banner above the reserve just to let the locals know that i'll be there.

Regards
Ringo
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: run

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:
Serco wrote:Back from OS today, checked out the old girl and she's ready to rumble.
Paul, should we bring our trophys to show the Captain?
See you all at 10 on Saturday.
Serco
My trophy is mounted on the front of my bonnet, pointy end upwards like a Mercedes Benz emblem. I think the Captain can't fail to notice it. I shall run the bastard down if he fails to point it out.

My photo is in the BMW club magazine too. I shall be signing autographs on saturday at the bbq for just a small nominal charge. I suggest putting a banner above the reserve just to let the locals know that i'll be there.

Regards
Ringo
I received my copy of the magazine in the mail yesterday, but only now, hearing that it contained a photo of you, did I bother to tear open the packaging and peer inside. Is that a trophy you're holding or some sort of tiny tiny drink coaster?? My trophy is heaps bigger than that, and I came third.

Its good though that they've printed the overall results and scoring sheet. That Avedis Soghomonian person seems to have a lot of M3s!

ps. 4 days to go.

MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Comrades,

This is the Captain.

I have captured the two young Americans and they are currently locked in the Cooler while I prepare phase 2 of my cunning plan.

They arrived in Capital City at around 7:30 last night and we spent a good 20 minutes seeing everything this place has to offer. Today we will do it all again but hopefully they won't realise it is all the same stuff seeing as this time it'll be in daylight.

Remember all, tomorrow morning, Yass, 10am. I'm looking forward to seeing whoever shows up!

Redaussie6

Aye Aye Capstan!

Post by Redaussie6 »

Hey Ellis and Aussie Sixers!

I'm all ready to meet in Yass - got my red devil checked out and replaced the inner and outer rubber boots on the rear axle... They keep the dirt and dust out apparently! Fresh oil, filters, aircon regassed and a full tank of the most expensive 98 octane petrol has me set in my starting blocks!

See you all tomorrow!

PS - do we need more food?

Cheers,

Alex
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Yes, food is important. make sure there's enough captain or there will be trouble. I'm not going all that way to snack on a dry biscuit and some warmed up roadkill.

See you tomorrow. See you this evening in fact.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Excellent news Alex, I'm glad you're able to make it.

As for food, I believe I will have enough. It won't be glorious, but it will be enough. Paul will eat until the end of time, so in that context I guess I do not have enough, but I'm not made of money.

16 sausages, 16 bread rolls, some coleslaw, some sauce. That should keep Paul satisfied for a good half hour.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Yippee Ki Yay people,

Damn fine day in the Australian sunshine hey.

I'm glad Wee Jasper road lived up to all my promises, this picture will set the scene for a proper post in due course.

Thanks all who came,
Regards,
Ellis.
(winner; The Paul Humpage Award 2008)

Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Hurry up with the pics. :wink: I'm stuck at work as you know with naught to do. On the plus side there's a new 6er owner just arrived in my building. That makes 3 in the 5 years I've worked here. Pretty rare in a city where you can go a whole year without seeing a sixer on the road. It's a nice champagne? coloured '78 633 with brown interior and small front spoiler / no rear spoiler. I'll post pics soon and make the owner aware of this site.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Transporter 6 starring Skidmark Humpage

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

amibuggnu wrote:Yippee Ki Yay people,

Damn fine day in the Australian sunshine hey.

I'm glad Wee Jasper road lived up to all my promises, this picture will set the scene for a proper post in due course.

Thanks all who came,
Regards,
Ellis.
(winner; The Paul Humpage Award 2008)

Awesome! Sorry i couldn't make it. I asked my mate Jason to go instead of me as he had a weekend off from acting. I hope he had fun and didn't embarrass himself as usual driving on top of the bloody trains :roll: .
jbd5015

Post by jbd5015 »

we had a great time guys! It was great to finally see those stretches of road in real life! And then to get the chance to drive on them!? What a day and a great time hanging out with you guys again.

to the Majestic Ellis, a very big thanks from Jackie and myself for letting us crash at your place and fo showing us around your home town!

I guess i should be thanking Jason for giving us a ride home Paul? I hope that he cleans the car after the mess he made of it! Thanks again!

cheers,

-Jeff
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Most excellent!

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

And another!

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

:twisted: :twisted:

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

This was a bloody wonderful run and i bunged up a few photos yesterday but i'm buggered from work tonight so i'll put some more up later in the week or add them to any gallery thread that gets started.

Thanks to Ellis for the sausages and the Yanks for coming along to give the colonials a boost in numbers.

Regards
Paul