New E24 Owner & Forum Member

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Shipper 01

New E24 Owner & Forum Member

Post by Shipper 01 »

Hey Guys,

I'm a new 633 owner with a 1977 633CSi. Have had trouble waiting for registration so just did it all again. Getting the car on Historic plates and then up for a run.

She needs new bin lids for behind rear seat headrests and smells of wet carpet / dog, otherwise I'm in love, again. I'll try and add pics.
Attachments
IMG00579.jpg
IMG00579.jpg (582.48 KiB) Viewed 11826 times
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Hey 'Shipper'... welcome to the madness. :D

You'll find lots of like-minded individuals on this forum and plenty of tech help as well.

Also load up as many pics as you like so we can check out your 6'er.

Make sure you read the thread on "Fests Down Under" on this forum. We're planning our first interstate get together in March next year and we want as many 6'ers there as possible.

Look forward to catching up.

Cheers...
Mark E
'82 635csi
In the Land Downunder
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Gday Shipper,

How are you mate! Glad you made it here.

That blue looks fantastic, I look forward to catching up soon.

Regards,
Ellis.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Welcome to the forum. It will be great to meet another 6er and their owner in person.

Regards
Paul
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Welcome Shipper,

Got more pics? :wink: What colour "bin lids" do you need? And what do you mean by "again"? Have you owned another 6er?
Serco

hello

Post by Serco »

Shipper,
Welcome.
Owning an early model shark is not easy as the technical info is limited and variations can be dramatic when compared to later models.
However there is plenty of experience on this web site to help you.
Best is to come along to the runs (next is planned late November) and discuss what others have done, there is no charge!
Anyway hope to see you soon.
Enjoy.
Regards,
Serco
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Aussie_6er wrote:Welcome Shipper,

Got more pics? :wink: What colour "bin lids" do you need? And what do you mean by "again"? Have you owned another 6er?
Currently the interior is a duck egg blue so I am assuming that the bin lids behind the rear seat headrests would have been a similar colour. I will eventually re-apolster the seats in leather and would do the bins to match so any blue colour at this stage would be perfect but I'd install any bin.

I have been talking to the BMW Drivers Club NSW re historic registration. I understand that at their AGM in December they plan to change their charter to permit them to certify vehicles for historic registration and plates. Seriously this would save in the order of $1500 per year. Given that the car will be lucky to see a drive once a fortnight I think this is a pretty good deal. As such i am going to miss the November drive but post registration on historic plates will be keen to participate. Not driving the car now is extremely frustrating.

Currently looking at upgrading engine and suspension and am trying to negotiate a delivery from the US. Hopefully it will go through and early next year I'll get the engine upgrade and suspension upgrade in. I'll bring her to a drive first either way, prior to any works. Best $5k I have every spent and just how sexy is that shape?

Apart from the bins the only other item I need is some dash trim around the vents. I'll get some good shots (the photo above is from my Blackberry on a very overcast day) of the car and include the bin and trim issues and load them up.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ship
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Decided to register the 633 while waiting for the NSW BMW Drivers club to get historic rego's setup so am no driving Gertie. Let me know if there is a meet prior to you guys heading into Vic in March. I'll mention the Vic trip in March to the wife and see if she is interested.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Good to hear you're on the road mate. Must be disappointing that the club are taking so long to get their act together.

Not sure if we'll get a trip in between now and end of march but if we do we'll post it up here.

Hope you can make it down to Echuca!
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I cannot blame the club for taking so long. They only decided to go with Historic Rego as a Club service in December. I'm sure it takes time to set up with the RTA and insurers as when you get the historic rego, you get;

1. Rego for $70.
2. Full insurance including Green Slip, Comprehensive insurnace and up to 5 days paid stay in a hotel if you break down more than 100k from home.

To tie that all into one bundle it must take time. If i had not rego's the car by close of work tomorrow then I would have had to hand back the plates. Easier this way.
Alpal

Post by Alpal »

Hi Shipper and Co,

I too have just registered my '79 633csi. Mark Elliston called me the other day to advise me of the Euchuca run.........and being a past member of the BMW Drivers Club of SA Club....I thought it was about time I got involved again. Quite looking forward to the event and hope it is a great success.
Attachments
S4200037.JPG
S4200037.JPG (470.97 KiB) Viewed 11414 times
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Hi Allan, welcome aboard, that's a mystical looking 6er you've got there.

You might want to post up in the Echuca thread above/below so you don't get forgotten here.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Great looking car Allan. My 1977 633 is un restored so needs a real lot of work. Still, we'll get her back in shape slowly. Will be good to see you in Echuca and someone else championing the mighty 633.
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

Shipper 01 wrote:Great looking car Allan. My 1977 633 is un restored so needs a real lot of work. Still, we'll get her back in shape slowly. Will be good to see you in Echuca and someone else championing the mighty 633.
Big up the 633! Will indeed be good to have a few of us with early cars there to show the later mob what a real 6 in its purest form is really like! :-)

Worry not about yours being unrestored too, I'm in a very similar position with mine, lots and lots of jobs to do and not enough time to do them before Echuca. Sure if there's a prize for the biggest shed of the trip I'll be winning it! :lol:
Serco

Echuca

Post by Serco »

Don't worry gentlemen, my old girl will bring up the rear!
Regards,
Allan
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Alpal wrote:Hi Shipper and Co,

I too have just registered my '79 633csi. Mark Elliston called me the other day to advise me of the Euchuca run.........and being a past member of the BMW Drivers Club of SA Club....I thought it was about time I got involved again. Quite looking forward to the event and hope it is a great success.
I've got to ask, what kind of filter did you use to get all of the lens flairs?
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

tvr_v8 wrote:
Shipper 01 wrote:Great looking car Allan. My 1977 633 is un restored so needs a real lot of work. Still, we'll get her back in shape slowly. Will be good to see you in Echuca and someone else championing the mighty 633.
Big up the 633! Will indeed be good to have a few of us with early cars there to show the later mob what a real 6 in its purest form is really like! :-)

Worry not about yours being unrestored too, I'm in a very similar position with mine, lots and lots of jobs to do and not enough time to do them before Echuca. Sure if there's a prize for the biggest shed of the trip I'll be winning it! :lol:
Ok, I'm happy to sponsor the "Biggest Shed - Echuca 2009 6'er Comp". We will need some impartial judges and as I'm in for the running we should get say 3 near concourse guys to make the decision. We could run it prior to Saturday nights dinner and award the prize pre dessert. What do we all think???
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

Hehe, i like the idea since i make no illusions about my car's shed credentials but it could go down rather badly if someone not quite so accepting of their cars shed status were to win it! Not to mention being maybe a bit awkward for the guys judging it.... :-)

Probably best not to make it an official honour, and we can vie for the title amongst ourselves. *Nice excuse for me to not even bother washing mine prior methinks* :lol:
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Fair call. I still think I'm a podium finisher although I need four new tires I'll get before the trip which may lose it for me. Will be good fun!