Echuca 2009

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:
Sorry to be picky but it's this week!
Where i come from the new week starts on a Monday.

I'm all polished up and waxed and am raring to go. Roll on next week

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Could've mowed your lawn.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

hoadie wrote:Could've mowed your lawn.
Not two weeks go he spent the entire weekend making your car look that good so I think if anybody's going to mow the lawn it should be you! :P
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

amibuggnu wrote:
hoadie wrote:Could've mowed your lawn.
Not two weeks go he spent the entire weekend making your car look that good so I think if anybody's going to mow the lawn it should be you! :P
I cut the ends off a piece of wood as partial payment lol
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

[quote="Paul Humpage"]

I'm all polished up and waxed and am raring to go. Roll on next week

Hmm,wish mine was looking so good.
No way I was going to get the front panel changed and the rest of the front painted in time,so she comes as she is.Probably be a little worse for wear after the Brisbane,Port Macquarie,Victor Harbour,Echuca drive too.
The weekend spent up and down the Oxley and partying in the thriving metropolis of Walcha was a hoot though!!
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'm dropping Gertie down to my business partner now to get the following done.

1. Front right caliper locks, time to fix that as darting right under heavy braking scares me silly.

2. Tyre swap from my E9 CSi with the same rubber and wheel size. Gertie has a mix of three different brands of tyres from the 18 year old who un-loved her previously, although the 25kg rear speaker surrounds he made in wood work 101 are a sight to see! Gertie No.3, or G3 as we call her is being converted into a CAMS Historic Sports racer 1970-77 so will get new wheels anyway!

3. Wheel alignment and balance, all around.

4. Water pump for windscreen wipers! If we don't get that fixed in time I'll need to ask you guys to stop at every traffic light where there is someone with a squeegy and bottle of water. I'll take plenty of loose change!

5. Get the horn working. The number of idiots who want to broadside me is rediculous!!! Currently I need to open the window and scream "bloody beeeeep beep!!", so they don't hit me and twice i have had to pull onto the wrong side of the road to avoid some goose while my windo was up!

6. General safety check and drive check wit the windows down.

Will be good to meet you all although my wife is not overly excited about driving 2000kms to get nowhere. Thank the Lord we have a spabath in our room!
grandson

Post by grandson »

Guys,
I have been trying to put some flesh on the proposed Sunday run. I'm sorry I have to do it this way but I find it the surest and safest.
Go to :-http://www.visitvictoria.com/displayobj ... 476A9047C/
and punch into the appropriate boxes: Echuca-shepparton-Euroa-Strathbogie-Boho South-Benalla.
You should come up with- Shepparton 70k, Euroa total 119, Strathbogie total 140, Boho South 151 total, Benalla 197 and Echuca 329 total. We would be backtracking from Shepparton to Echuca but frankly these is nothing that I know of or can think of which is worth doing extra k's for.
Unsealed Roads- there is a small section of unsealed road between Strathbogie and Boho South. the roads are not heavy gravel but there mostly likely will be some dust depending on whether there has been any rain, (and we don't need it on 'our' day)
Food- There would be food at Shepparton and Euroa but only limited at Strathbogie, there is ageneral store but it will be Sunday.
However I have spoken to a woman who runs a country retreat and restaurant at Boho South who is prepared to cater for us with a light meal, antipasta, quiche, zuccini slice, salads and the like if I could supply her the numbers. I don't have to have the numbers until Saturday so if you could give it some thought along with the run I will follow up with you all on Saturday. I did not discuss cost but would expect it to be around $20-30 a head plus drinks. If you wish we could put figure on it. Your thoughts?
That's about it. If you would like to see the proposed 'eatery' go to:-
http://www.strathbogieregion.com.au/res ... ries.php[b][/b]
See you all soon,

Doug
02'sandsix
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

That's great Doug, thanks for checking all that out for us and doing the research.

I've copied your route to this Google map link for people to look at as well.

http://local.google.com/maps?f=d&source ... 911377&z=9

I like the look of the run and am happy to give my tourism dollars to the local economy.

I can appreciate people's concerns about driving on unsealed roads so we'll definitely discuss it further when we all meet on Saturday, but I know Paul and I won't have any problem with it. Wouldn't be the first time...

Regards,
Ellis.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

The weather looks promising...

Might be good to pack some Aeroguard too. Image
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

Promising for those with working aircon that would be!!!!!! :x

Wonder if there's anyone that can do a conversion to R12 and get my compressor working before Friday?... Hmmmm, unlikely.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Surely it's only a few hours work :p

My A/C is getting looked at at the moment.. after an hour or so at the lowest setting it starts freezing up and I get a few drops of water on my feet - which is nice but the air starts getting hot. Mechanic thinks maybe too much gas pressure but I think the conversion to R134a wasn't done properly and it probably still has the old R12 compressor.
Serco

Echuca

Post by Serco »

What ever happened to:
Windows down
Roof back
Wind in the hair
AC/DC playing.
NO NEED FOR AIRCON GENTLEMEN!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'm losing my hair and I'm afraid that with the windows open I'll lose some more!

Besides, I drove to Albury and back a few years ago with no A/C in 40c heat and I decided I'd never do it again - it nearly killed me!
Serco

Echuca

Post by Serco »

Sorry, but Wollongong boys don't cry!!!
tvr_v8

Re: Echuca

Post by tvr_v8 »

Serco wrote: Roof back
AC/DC playing.
Yeah, rub it in even further that some of us have neither sunroof, nor stereo why don't you!!!! :lol:
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

tvr_v8 wrote:
Serco wrote: Roof back
AC/DC playing.
Yeah, rub it in even further that some of us have neither sunroof, nor stereo why don't you!!!! :lol:
Yeah but aren't you the only one bringing yours up on a trailer?
tvr_v8

Post by tvr_v8 »

True, however I prefer to think of it more that my 6 will indeed likely be the only one arriving in Echuca powered by a v8.

:-)
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I also have no aircon. My fan also screams like it is sanding something in the engine bay. Given the 26 to 27 degrees Cels we are expecting I will have both windows open and some chairs around the wet bar! (Damn....no wet bar either!!)

So sealed roads are good, unsealed means I need to be up front or we need 200 - 300m between cars.

If it gets too hot and I need to take my shirt off, the first person who yells "albino chesticle man" gets hit in the nose!!

Josh
mnd6

Post by mnd6 »

ha ha ha ha! albino chestical man!

is it the blower fan under the bonnet thats grinding? or the a/c fan? mine shat itself when i first got it so i replaced it with an e28 one, e21 one's fit too.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

A little dirt never hurt anyone. There's no point cleaning your car unless you get it dirty first.

We're Aussies, we need to show the world we're tough!

Windows down, INXS up....
http://www.vimeo.com/3775309
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

tvr_v8 wrote:Promising for those with working aircon that would be!!!!!! :x

Wonder if there's anyone that can do a conversion to R12 and get my compressor working before Friday?... Hmmmm, unlikely.
Mine blows so cold that fog comes out the vents and water condenses on them. :lol:

Can't wait fellas. I dropped my car off for a 'quick service' on Monday, turns out my drive shaft bearing (ie big rubber donut) was cracked and ready to give. Not something anyone wants, especially 700+kms from home!
They also found squishy transmission mounts, dirty/worn spark plugs, clogged fuel filter (I had the entire fuel system replaced not long ago!), and I got them replacing the ATF & diff oil while they're under there. 2 days of prep to go, and I haven't fully detailed the car since before the infamous Sth Coast run. :oops: Should've recruited Paul by the looks of his & Ben's 6er. 8)
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

mnd6 wrote:ha ha ha ha! albino chestical man!

is it the blower fan under the bonnet thats grinding? or the a/c fan? mine shat itself when i first got it so i replaced it with an e28 one, e21 one's fit too.
Bop on the knose for you my good sir! Um, I'm pretty sure it's the blower fan. I don't even know if i have AC. Nothing AC wise works and any air blows screaming at road temp.

Brakes fixed. Suspension tightened. Five tyre swap (guys, check those spares!!!) from the better E9 of the two and a steering wheel (sports, timber , no it does not match the Woodwork 101 rear speaker box's!!!) from my E9 that barely moves.

Gentlemen.... start your engines!!!!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

My car will be back in my garage tomorrow after having it's vital fluids replaced and umm.. pretty much nothing else on my long list of repairs completed. I'm 80% ready with all my camping gear all ready to load in the car, which will be packed tomorrow night, then off to Canberra on Thursday to carry out some secret men's business. See you all in Yass/Echuca/Moama!
geecee

Post by geecee »

My car is also on the hoist today - chasing an intermittent missfire - hopefully nothing serious .........'[-o<'

Cheers,
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Funny thing happened today. I went to pick up the car from the mechanic and it wouldn't start. They're in a panic knowing I'm effectively leaving in the morning so they have to fix it there and then. 20mins later turns out I've got a faulty relay. Something that Allan (Serco) had previously diagnosed as being the likely fault as this is a recurring, intermittent problem.

Anyway, car's now running but still have the dodgy relay. Does anyone have a spare one - it's the white one that makes the engine run lol. More specifically, it switches the starter motor & gives power to the engine.