Sydney, Shoalhaven Heads, Saturday May 9th. Now with photos!

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Re: Drive

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:Houston, we have a problem.
Noticed this morning coming through Waterfall a mobile warning sign advising Sir Bertram Stevens Drive (National Park) is closed from 1/5 to 15/5.
The RTA website indicates 6/4 to 6/5
Will check again tomorrow morning.
Regards,
Allan
Bummer. If it's just Sir Bertram Stevens Drive we can always just enter the park at Waterfall and miss out the first section. We'll all keep our eyes on the RTA website.

If it is closed then the best place to catch up with you Allan is at Waterfall train station car park.

Watch this space.

No t-shirts yet by the way for those that are waiting. I was hoping to hand them out this weekend but they haven't made it from the US yet. Hopefully they'll turn up before saturday.

REgards
Paul
Serco

Drive

Post by Serco »

National Park website confirms Sir Bertram Stevens Drive is currently closed between Warumbul Rd & Bundeena Drive.
Paul, I will assume meeting at Waterfall train station car park around 10.45am.
See you all soon.
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Re: Drive

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:National Park website confirms Sir Bertram Stevens Drive is currently closed between Warumbul Rd & Bundeena Drive.
Paul, I will assume meeting at Waterfall train station car park around 10.45am.
See you all soon.
Regards,
Allan
Blimey, i hope it won't take an hour and a quarter from Botany Bay to Waterfall :shock:

If we leave at 9-30 then we should be with you within the half hour or so.

Regards
Paul
Serco

drive

Post by Serco »

A thousand pardons!
Make that 9.45am at Waterfall
Allan
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

G'day Sharks

I'd love to come on this one but I have to be at a function from around 4pm that afternoon. Suppose I could alway leave in time to allow me to get home. I'll let you know shortly.

Paul, thanks for the heads up by PM

cheers
Stu
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

StuM5 wrote:G'day Sharks

I'd love to come on this one but I have to be at a function from around 4pm that afternoon. Suppose I could alway leave in time to allow me to get home. I'll let you know shortly.

Paul, thanks for the heads up by PM

cheers
Stu
No worries Stu, just turn up if you can but no worries if you can't.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Just a reminder about the meet point. I know the car park really well as it's next to a beach where we can take Mutley for a swim but it's one of those hidden places if you've never been there.

The satellite photo shows it here next to the old tower.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 7&t=h&z=18

As i said, the sliproad from the city is just underneath the start of the flyover for the beginning of the M5 east. If you get in the 2nd lane under the airport tunnel then you will be in the right spot. From the south you just take the loop road on your left under General Holmes Drive.

Anyone uncertain can easily meet us along with Serco at Waterfall train station car park as that's really easy to find.

I'll be on 0413 047 068 if there are any problems.

Wether forecast is a beauty

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

9am right? Tis getting into the carpark that's the trick. I'm assuming that as soon as the M5 starts on our left, we head under the M5 overpass and then there is an exit to our left into said carpark?

And we will meet in the larger car park with the 'A' pointing at it?

Hope so.

See you then Paul.

Josh
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote:9am right? Tis getting into the carpark that's the trick. I'm assuming that as soon as the M5 starts on our left, we head under the M5 overpass and then there is an exit to our left into said carpark?

And we will meet in the larger car park with the 'A' pointing at it?

Hope so.

See you then Paul.

Josh
Correct. The M5 ramp starts and just under it is a slip road with arrows to the left. You then just follow the sliproad around to the right and then a left towards the tower where the A is. We'll aim to leave at 9-30 so anytime before then.

REgards
Paul
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

I'm pretty sure I will make some of this trip. If I can't I will sms Paul on Saturday morning to let you know.

On the chance I do make it can someone please bring along an extra CB radio for me to use please.

cheers
Stu
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

That reminds me. I'll buy my own today freeing up the spares Ben and others have for Stu. Rosie still will not tell me where Elis's tattoo is so he'll have to flash us.... I guess. I bet he has a 635 tattoo'd on he's left butt cheek!!! :shock:
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Hi guys,

I won't be at this cruise. Have a good trip!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Hi guys,

What? Not even as a passenger? You know you want to come along really, you'll only sit about the house moping in your underwear getting really, really bored.
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Paul Humpage wrote:
hoadie wrote:Hi guys,

What? Not even as a passenger? You know you want to come along really, you'll only sit about the house moping in your underwear getting really, really bored.
I'll be sitting at work in my uniform, possibly commando :lol: getting really, really bored. Enjoy fellas.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

That was a great day. Thanks to all for coming along. We'll bung up a gallery post in the next couple of days but here's one to be going on with for now.

Really good to see some new faces and some stunning cars.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

2 wonderful examples of 20th century engineering :D

Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Was great fun and an enjoyable drive. Team Serco need to get under my hood more often. They're great for letting me know what needs doing. I'll get the sway bars in the next week or so and fix the walking alternator, that seems to want to trot off through the radiator.

So wheels, springs and sway bars for the next drive along with a little plumbing. Might help me stay on the road as the 635's and Team Serco rocket by.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Perfect weather made for a sensational drive, and we had some brilliant examples of 20th and 21st century engineering on display.

We were gobsmacked when Chris' stunning Zinnobar 635 rolled around the corner at the meet point, followed by the bloody awesome looking & sounding M3 of Randall and Ludwina.

I've never really seen one of these things up close before, but up close is where you want to be.

The mighty Gertie gleams in the sun - watch out though, incoming at 10 o'clock.

Which would you choose??

Chris' 6er has the power to go with its great looks, there's a 3.8ltr M5 motor in there. The detail and quality is superb, the dechromed shadowline trim looks fantastic and its the best example of colour-coding on factory chrome I've ever seen.

Lucky for me I was stuck at the back for most of the day, so I got to see and hear these two screamers scream as we made our way through the National Park.

Once you're through the National Park you get to see the sky again.

So we headed back to the hills.

There's Paul

We'll see what happened next soon...
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I await the rest with bated breath. Those are superb.

Who's Mr E though? I don't think i've met you.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote:I await the rest with bated breath. Those are superb.

I'm from Canberra.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:I await the rest with bated breath. Those are superb.

I'm from Canberra.
That explains ever such a lot
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Here's just a few from me.

What santa left under the Christmas tree

A 6er with no stonechips on the nose. Hooray!

The man himself homeward bound being tailed by Team Serco

It was a wonderful day.

REgards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

No two cars the same colour!

beemaadict

Shoalhaven Heads "Bash"

Post by beemaadict »

Gents, it was great to be part of the trip last weekend, nice to see some great examples of a classic car (6's) and to meet up with you guys.

Chris' M6 has to be one of the best and sets a benchmark - not only is it "show and shine" but it goes as good as it looks as the photographs illustrate.

And we just love the high speed photography tecnhiques! I am sure you will need some "bug-off" for the camera lens.

Regards Randall (beemaadict)
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Mr E, what's going on here? more like ET from outer space!
Change your name again man, please.