Calling Queensland E24's

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Serco

Calling Queensland E24's

Post by Serco »

With the Echuca weekend such a success and still in everyone's mind I was wondering if the Queensland E24 group will be organising a weekend drive for this year.
I am sure there would be a few NSW / ACT cars who may make the trek if put together well.
Maybe Lazza 635 could take the running at your next meeting.
Let's know!!
Regards,
Serco
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

There are some events organised through the Register on the calendar,I don't think there is a weekend drive organised yet but the idea has been booted around for one of the events.
Greg Tymms is at the helm,I think some of you southerners have had contact with him before.I'll look into posting our plans on the Group.
Last edited by itsmesteve on Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Rosie and I would come up from Sydney. Let us know if a big drive rears its' lustful head!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

itsmesteve wrote:There are some events organised through the Register on the calendar,I don't think there is a weekend drive organised yet but the idea has been booted around for one of the events.
Greg Timms is at the helm,I think some of you southerners have had contact with him before.I'll look into posting our plans on the Group.
How do you guys organise your events - via email or a newsletter?
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

Both....sort of
Newsletter via email
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

We have a run up to Toowoomba for the Classic Car and Aircraft Show coming up at the beginning of May.
It's more a case of attending an event than a driving weekend.
There will be a display from the local BMW club and features the sixes and the E30 register.
If you are interested we could send details.I'm waiting to hear back from Greg,he might want to come on here and post the details or maybe we could forward the emails to anybody interested
Serco

Qld

Post by Serco »

Posting here would let everyone see what's happening.
Let me ask the question, would the Queesnsland contingent like interstate visitors coming along for a once a year special drive?
Regards,
Serco
itsmesteve

Post by itsmesteve »

Yeah,sure.
We used to have a few register members from Sydney and Melbourne.
I'll be talking to Greg tomorrow about posting here.I didn't feel it was my place as it is a BMW club thing and I'm not even a club member.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

itsmesteve wrote:Yeah,sure.
We used to have a few register members from Sydney and Melbourne.
I'll be talking to Greg tomorrow about posting here.I didn't feel it was my place as it is a BMW club thing and I'm not even a club member.
It'd be great if you can make the suggestion as it'd be fantastic to know what other 6er owners around the country are up to and be more inclusive of other states when the next national event is organised.
bmw6

Calling Queensland E24's

Post by bmw6 »

Hi guys,

Greg Tymms here from Qld. I'm a newbie on the forum and definitely a bit green when it comes to posting replies to topics. So please help me out here and I'm sure I'll fit in very well.

I've been watching all the prior chatter with regards to the Echuca get together and I can see that you all had a great time. As I knew you would.

I have just returned from the BMW Nationals in Bowral where I met 4 other 6 series owners. 3 of them were unaware of your group, so I have set them straight. So you may well get them attending for your next run on May 9.

At this moment, I look after the co-ordination of the Qld 6 series group and I try and make sure that we get together reasonably often so that we don't forget what we look like.

When I work out how to post attachments etc, I'll take the opportunity to post a copy of our calendar up so that you can see what we are planning for this year.

Cheers for now and in anticipation, thanks for the welcome. :-) :-)
bmw6

Calling Queensland E24's

Post by bmw6 »

Hi guys,

Greg Tymms here from Qld. I'm a newbie on the forum and definitely a bit green when it comes to posting replies to topics. So please help me out here and I'm sure I'll fit in very well.

I've been watching all the prior chatter with regards to the Echuca get together and I can see that you all had a great time. As I knew you would.

I have just returned from the BMW Nationals in Bowral where I met 4 other 6 series owners. 3 of them were unaware of your group, so I have set them straight. So you may well get them attending for your next run on May 9.

At this moment, I look after the co-ordination of the Qld 6 series group and I try and make sure that we get together reasonably often so that we don't forget what we look like.

When I work out how to post attachments etc, I'll take the opportunity to post a copy of our calendar up so that you can see what we are planning for this year.

Cheers for now and in anticipation, thanks for the welcome. :-) :-)
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Welcome Greg, great to have you here. I saw your car at the Nationals but I couldn't work out who owned what so didn't get to say hello.

Pics are here viewtopic.php?t=8706

It'd be good to see what you blokes are up to and get a few more owners on board for our next national meet. This forum is a great place to arrange events as it's a bit easier than sending emails and just about everyone has the internet these days.
Last edited by hoadie on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you and welcome to the forum.

I'd love to take a drive to Queensland some time and take full advantage of my sunroof! I'm sure there are others down here in the southern states who'd like to do the same, and its definitely something we should work towards in the future.

Thanks also for letting those other chaps at Bowral know about the forum. As Hoadie said, this is an excellent place to just keep in touch and let other 6er owners know what we're all doing and when we've got activities planned. Our recent Echuca meet was a thoroughly enjoyable get together - just a whole bunch of strangers with one thing in common, and we all got along famously. It was great to see so many 6ers together, all the same yet all so different in their own ways.

I look forward to hearing more about the activities you and your fellow Queenslanders get up to and hope one day we can all arrange something through here with the bigcoupe community.

Regards,
Ellis.

also, thanks to Steve for helping to get this happening.
bmw6

Post by bmw6 »

hoadie wrote:Welcome Greg, great to have you here. I saw your car at the Nationals but I couldn't work out who owned what so didn't get to say hello.

Pics are here viewtopic.php?t=8706

It'd be good to see what you blokes are up to and get a few more owners on board for our next national meet. This forum is a great place to arrange events as it's a bit easier than sending emails and just about everyone has the internet these days.
Ben,

Yes, it's a bit of a shame that we didn't meet as I particularly went to the Nationals hoping to meet up with some of you guys from the forum. But, never mind, we'll have to do it another time. I didn't realise that you were there as I made sure that I met the owners of all the other 6 ers and asked them if they were in the forum?

BTW, you take great photos of the cars and I do enjoy looking at them. You must be a keen photographer??
bmw6

Post by bmw6 »

amibuggnu wrote:Hi Greg,

Good to hear from you and welcome to the forum.

I'd love to take a drive to Queensland some time and take full advantage of my sunroof! I'm sure there are others down here in the southern states who'd like to do the same, and its definitely something we should work towards in the future.

Thanks also for letting those other chaps at Bowral know about the forum. As Hoadie said, this is an excellent place to just keep in touch and let other 6er owners know what we're all doing and when we've got activities planned. Our recent Echuca meet was a thoroughly enjoyable get together - just a whole bunch of strangers with one thing in common, and we all got along famously. It was great to see so many 6ers together, all the same yet all so different in their own ways.

I look forward to hearing more about the activities you and your fellow Queenslanders get up to and hope one day we can all arrange something through here with the bigcoupe community.

Regards,
Ellis.

also, thanks to Steve for helping to get this happening.

Ellis,

Thanks for the welcome and yes you will be hearing from me more often. As you are probably aware now, I co-ordinate the 6 series register here in Qld and we do try and get out and enjoy our cars frok time to time.

From what's been said so far, it would appear that you wouldn't mind coming up our way to enjoy the fine roads of SE Qld. That's fine and you would be most welcome. However, what say we try and co-ordinate a week end drive down your way later in the year and meet up with as many of you guys as we can??

I do recall quite vividly a run we did some 4 years ago where we travelled all the way to Taylors Arm and back on the same week end. We travelled via the Summerland way and had a brilliant time. :lol: :D
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Halfway between Brisbane and Sydney is pretty much the Coffs Harbour, Grafton area. Just inland there's some epic roads around Dorrigo. Easily manageable for a weekend personally speaking, as is further north. In fact my mouth is watering and my big pedal foot is twitching at the prospect.

A belated welcome Greg

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

We did a trip a few years ago to Coffs with another car club to meet some Queenslanders - namely Matt (OZBMW). In fact Matt was the only Qlder to turn up!

Early departure on the Saturday, leisurely drive up with a bit of time to look around town, had a meal and some drinks and back home again the next day. If we were to do it again I'd look at staying in Coffs for 2 nights (either Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) to make the trip worthwhile, and get rid any hangovers.

I've always wanted to explore inland from Coffs so that's got a vote from me.
bmw6

Post by bmw6 »

Thanks guys. I get the message loud and clear.

Leave it with me to bounce off the other register members here and I'll come back to you in the next few weeks. The reason for the slight delay is so I can do some research and be in a position to put a decent proposal to you all.

But it has already got my vote and provided the finances hold up, I'll be the first to sign up.
ozbmw

Post by ozbmw »

Hey Greg, Good to see you here on the forum, I was talking to Simon at RX the other day about upcoming cruises and he was going to get a calendar to me so please post one here.

I would be keen to go for a run down to Coffs Harbour again. (as long as Ben doesn't headbutt anyone) and yes Ben you need an extra night there !!!!
I sold the E36 M3 and am in the process of selling my E46 as well (once I install the new a/c evaporator) I now just have the new old car in my sig.

Look forward to catching up on a trip

Matt
Matt @ Snowy Mountains of Australia
http://bigcoupe.com/members/ozbmw