Jenolan Caves, September 26th.

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Jenolan Caves, September 26th.

Post by Paul Humpage »

Anyone fancy a drive to the Jenolan Caves? Saturday the 26th of September, meet at 9-30 for a 10 a.m departure at the information centre car park opposite the RAAF airbase at Richmond. We'll go via Bells Line Of Road and then cut across on Darling Causeway and then around the back of Little Hartley.

There are plenty of barbecues at Jenolan or we can eat in somewhere there. If the weather's good then i'm up for a bbq but i'll leave that open to all. I can do the saturday beforehand or after if a different date suits others.

Pipe up if you want to add something or ask a question. Buggered if i'll know the answer though.

I haven't been there since 1990 so i'm going anyway.

Regards
Paul
beemaadict

Re: Jenolan Caves, September 26th.

Post by beemaadict »

Paul Humpage wrote:Anyone fancy a drive to the Jenolan Caves? Saturday the 26th of September, meet at 9-30 for a 10 a.m departure at the information centre car park opposite the RAAF airbase at Richmond. We'll go via Bells Line Of Road and then cut across on Darling Causeway and then around the back of Little Hartley.

There are plenty of barbecues at Jenolan or we can eat in somewhere there. If the weather's good then i'm up for a bbq but i'll leave that open to all. I can do the saturday beforehand or after if a different date suits others.

Pipe up if you want to add something or ask a question. Buggered if i'll know the answer though.

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I'll probably be on hols around that time and was looking at going away. I'll have to let you know closer to the date.

Sounds like a good trip!
Serco

Caves

Post by Serco »

Paul,
Love it when a plan comes together!
Team Serco's in.
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Re: Jenolan Caves, September 26th.

Post by Paul Humpage »

beemaadict wrote:
Paul Humpage wrote:Anyone fancy a drive to the Jenolan Caves? Saturday the 26th of September, meet at 9-30 for a 10 a.m departure at the information centre car park opposite the RAAF airbase at Richmond. We'll go via Bells Line Of Road and then cut across on Darling Causeway and then around the back of Little Hartley.

Regards
Paul
Hmm. Is this a Yes, No or Maybe? Perhaps a Help!
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I'll probably be on hols around that time and was looking at going away. I'll have to let you know closer to the date.

Sounds like a good trip!
Well Mr Ben, a wise man would start his holidays by coming for a good drive and when the rest of us waddle back to Sydney laden down with barbecued sausages and lashings of ginger beer he would then head off into the wide blue yonder and so would have started his holiday with a bang.

You alas are a clot so enjoy your holiday on your own in your twilight rest home on the coast.

Just think, you could be doing stuff like this

Or this

Or even this

Paul Humpage

Re: Caves

Post by Paul Humpage »

Serco wrote:Paul,
Love it when a plan comes together!
Team Serco's in.
Regards,
Allan

This is good
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Should be in! Let us know when we have finalised a date. Should be good fun!!
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Paul Humpage wrote: Or this

Waahey!

I've got that weekend off. I haven't driven the sixer in almost 3 months, so I'll get her problem sorted (constant hissing air sound under the bonnet somewhere) and I'll get back to you all shortly.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

As a way of a bit of bumping, the date for this is the 26th as we all seem happy with that.

Doesn't hurt to bung up another photo either:D

Regards
Paul
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

At this stage it looks like I'll be giving it a miss. I'll be away from 21/9-2/10.
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Its unlikely I'll make it too fellas, so take pictures for me from the wrong side of the road at a thousand miles an hour.

Regards,
Ellis.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Looks like my hols are going to be in October so I'll probably maybe possibly be there.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

hoadie wrote:Looks like my hols are going to be in October so I'll probably maybe possibly be there.
Would be good to see you there Ben. I'm madly trying to get springs and sway bars done by the drive so I can make an attempt at staying with you on the road. Going to lower her around 30mm and stiffen her up. I'll get the same sway bars Allan and Daniel have on their 633.
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Shipper 01 wrote:Would be good to see you there Ben. I'm madly trying to get springs and sway bars done by the drive so I can make an attempt at staying with you on the road. Going to lower her around 30mm and stiffen her up. I'll get the same sway bars Allan and Daniel have on their 633.
There goes my advantage. :roll: Hope you get it all done so I can have a look. What shocks are you using?
I was talking shop with Daniel on the Echuca get together about getting some new (read less low) springs and maybe sways done but I haven't got around to it. Keep the specs handy too guys, saves me doing measurements.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Daniel has completed the measure up but I need to take my springs off and courier them to him. Mayhaps I'll get them off this weekend and couriered across next Monday. Three weeks to manufacture so will not have them on in time for the run. As soon as they are on I'll do the sway bars front and back. I'll check shocks and may just put on a set of koni for now if the current shocks are shot.

Daniel will be able to manufacture the same springs for you without seeing your car as long as you are happy with my drop (50mm).
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Shipper 01 wrote:Daniel has completed the measure up but I need to take my springs off and courier them to him. Mayhaps I'll get them off this weekend and couriered across next Monday. Three weeks to manufacture so will not have them on in time for the run. As soon as they are on I'll do the sway bars front and back. I'll check shocks and may just put on a set of koni for now if the current shocks are shot.

Daniel will be able to manufacture the same springs for you without seeing your car as long as you are happy with my drop (50mm).
I think you meant 30mm? And I still have my original springs in the shed somewhere if that makes things easier.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Nope, going to go down 50mm and I'll need to fold up the rim so that it does not cut the tyre. My business partner (also a Greg, came on the last run with us and will be on the next) Daniel and I decided that what the hey, lets drop the wheel right into the arch so that the top of the wheel sits right in line with the bottomof the arch. 50mm. Hope it looks ok in the flesh!
Serco

BMW

Post by Serco »

Greg,
Daniel can do 30mm if you need by recalculating, so don't worry.
We are interested to see how Josh's soon to be rocket comes up.
Regards,
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Do we want to do a final count for next week. Simply put the person under me needs to add my count. So copy and paste the following and add to it! This will help with catering for the BBQ. I'm happy to bring gas, a BBQ and or bread and sausages!!

Cars - 2

Passengers - 2

Total Cars - 4

Total People - 4
Serco

Run.

Post by Serco »

Team Serco =
1 old car
1 old person, 1 young person
Lobster will be fine!
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Well i'm coming along on my own but i'll have the tape player in the car so will be happy.

Regarding the bbqs, there are a number of them in the reserve at Jenolan which i imagine are the kind you bung a coin in to get to work so it'll just be a case of anyone who wants to eat bringing something along to cook.

I'll be bringing a 2 way radio along too which might come in handy. Channel 19 i think.

Regards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

In preparation for next week i thought i should polish and wax the car as it was at least a fortnight since i last had :D

The forecast for 6 days away is very good, let's hope it holds true.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'll go to a hand carwash the night before. They serve good coffee and really clean up Gertie. Have nto ahd the springs done yet or the lowering as Greg and i have not had time to send the current springs to Daniel. Will do so in the next few weeks.

Paul, don't listen if Ellis says your car looks shit! Jealousy is a curse!!
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Good luck keeping your car clean Paul - the dust storm from Broken Hill will probably hit Sydney around 9am tomorrow.

Enjoy your drive guys, I will be somewhere northish of the caves on the weekend.