Jenolan Caves, September 26th.

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:Good luck keeping your car clean Paul - the dust storm from Broken Hill will probably hit Sydney around 9am tomorrow.

Enjoy your drive guys, I will be somewhere northish of the caves on the weekend.
Hopefully we'll have another hour of rain like we've just had any any dust will be washed clean. Either that or i'll just have to drive at a stupendous speed to blow off the dust officer.

I shall miss you and your superior driving Ben, i'll have no one to look up to. Never mind.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

My 6'er is under cover and still covered in crap. I really need to wash her Friday night.

So far on the going list I believe we have;

Josh + Rosie

Greg (as in sexy red 633!)

Greg Young (E9 CSi)

Daniel and Allan

Paul

Is it just the five cars or am I missing someone? Has any one talked to Peter to see if he is free to come for a ride??
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Shipper 01 wrote:My 6'er is under cover and still covered in crap. I really need to wash her Friday night.

So far on the going list I believe we have;

Josh + Rosie

Greg (as in sexy red 633!)

Greg Young (E9 CSi)

Daniel and Allan

Paul

Is it just the five cars or am I missing someone? Has any one talked to Peter to see if he is free to come for a ride??
I can't remember who Beemaddict is who's posted second in this thread but has just quoted my post and forgotten to say whether they are in or not. No worries, whoever turns up turns up.

I thought Ben was being a bit melodramatic yesterday with this dust storm nonsense. He was quite right of course and the drive in the truck this morning was fairly interesting as i had a job in North Sydney.

Anzac Bridge

Harbour Bridge

I got home to this under the carport

It shall be back shining by saturday or i'll eat my hat
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Of course I was right, I am always right!

I got up at 2am and found my car covered, and I do mean covered in dust. It was so think by 7am that you couldn't actually see through the windows.

Quite eery too. It didn't lift here at Lightning Ridge until about 5pm
Oz6er

Post by Oz6er »

Sorry I forgot to say I'm out folks. My daily badly needed a service and it went overtime, thus preventing me from getting the 6er sorted on my days off. :cry:
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Greg Young has also pulled out so that leaves three of us. I'm still in if Paul, Daniel and Allan are still in.
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Josh,
Team Serco's still in although I would like to get back to the Gong not to late so we might break away at some stage, we'll see.
Any chance of a 9.30am getaway?
Regards,
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'm in for a 9.30am get away. Happy not to go too late and Don't know yet if Rosie is coming. I'll get to the car lot at around 9am.

Josh
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I'm most definitely still in. I can make 9.30 getaway. Maybe if you want to get away early we'll sort out our own lunch rather than have a bbq. A bbq's great if you want to spend hours after the drive relaxing and eating but if things are a bit rushed then it's easier to get a pie or something.

Alex might be coming along if he can get time off work and as far as i know, Randall is coming. Regardless, i'll bung some stuff in an esky so if we want a bbq we can, and if not then i'll take it back home no worries.

It should be a glorious day for it.

REgards
Paul
Redaussie6

Red sixer getting back online and running

Post by Redaussie6 »

Hey Guys!

Sorry about the long absence, it has been a hectic year for me, and the car has been a pretty low priority - lots of work had to be done, it looks like it will be ready next week, and I should be able to join some sixer fun again!

Things that are being fixed at the moment include:

Repair drive shaft universal joints, front and rear, repair mounting
Replace master clutch cylinder, that was leaking oil everywhere
Power steering bracket rewelded - one of the known issues! It broke off reversing into the garage...
Replace differential mount
Replace rear bushes
Replacing the gears in the speedo - Odometergears are the best!
Peplaced the steering wheel with a new M-Tech one I still had lying around in Belgium and finally brought back with me!

Soon I will have replaced and fixed everything, and I should have a reliable car
:roll:

Looking forward to the next drive! Cheers,

Alex
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

That was an excellent run today. Only the 3 cars but that didn't matter. Bizarre weather with warm sun and blue sky at the meetpoint after a cool and dull and dusty dawn. Over the mountains it struggled to get into double figures with sun, cloud, rain, hail and sleet on and off all the day. Josh was dressed for a summer's day at the beach. :roll: Lol!

After lunch at the caves we came back home the long way via Oberon, Taralga and Goulburn which was an epic run. Empty roads, high speeds, great views and nothing in the way, we'll have to incorporate that in a run sometime in the future.

I'm looking forward to the next run.

A baker's dozen of photos. Apologies if they are too wide at 1200 but i think most of us have large screens on our computers by now as it's the 21st century

REgards
Paul
Paul Humpage

Re: Red sixer getting back online and running

Post by Paul Humpage »

Redaussie6 wrote:Hey Guys!

Sorry about the long absence, it has been a hectic year for me, and the car has been a pretty low priority - lots of work had to be done, it looks like it will be ready next week, and I should be able to join some sixer fun again!

Things that are being fixed at the moment include:

Repair drive shaft universal joints, front and rear, repair mounting
Replace master clutch cylinder, that was leaking oil everywhere
Power steering bracket rewelded - one of the known issues! It broke off reversing into the garage...
Replace differential mount
Replace rear bushes
Replacing the gears in the speedo - Odometergears are the best!
Peplaced the steering wheel with a new M-Tech one I still had lying around in Belgium and finally brought back with me!

Soon I will have replaced and fixed everything, and I should have a reliable car
:roll:

Looking forward to the next drive! Cheers,

Alex
Hi Alex, great to know you're still around. We'll see you on a drive in the near future i'm sure.

Regards
Paul
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Paul,

Fantastic pictures! Was a great day. Completed around 550kms. I really need new door seals. 5mm gaps at the wing mirrors creates a killer noise at speed.

That back road from Oberon down to the southern highlands is fantastic. What's it's name? I'll do that one again in my spare time!!!!

I'll post our very limited number of pics during the week.

Josh
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Good work boys,

The car's are all looking nice and shiny despite the recent weather. Which one of you lot missed me the most?

Gday Alex,

Good to hear from you again, glad you're back on board. I hope we can catch up soon.

Regards,
Ellis.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:
. Which one of you lot missed me the most?

Regards,
Ellis.
Not me.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I missed you MrE - it's been so cold in my tent all alone...

Great pics Paul, will you submit any for the calendar?

Where did you take that first set - I don't remember ever seeing that building before.
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

hoadie wrote:I missed you MrE - it's been so cold in my tent all alone...

Great pics Paul, will you submit any for the calendar?

Where did you take that first set - I don't remember ever seeing that building before.
I might send the first one off, the motion ones are a bit too soft. The building is at Hartley just off the highway once you come down off the mountains. I'd never stopped there before but Allan knows it as his toilet stop and as half the cruise members wanted a piss it seemed a good place to stop. Looking on Google maps there's a dirt road out the back that cuts across to the Jenolan Caves road, i might give that a go one day when i want to go out for a drive somewhere.

Josh, the road down to Taralga and Goulburn is this one. It's the first time i've done it although i've often looked at it on the map. It certainly didn't dissapoint

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 56683&z=11

Google reckons on 2 hours. Obviuosly they don't intend for you to do 190kmh at any time on the straight sections [-X

Regards
Paul
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Paul,
Thanks for the day and yes please send of the first picture, it has good composure and balance.
Ben, the picture is taken out front of the old Hartley court house, left turn down the hill before the speed camera and the turn to Jenolan caves.
Mr E, we missed the Willie Nelson music but most of all I had to tell Josh his car was shit, (had to pick on someone!)
By the way Paul has become the next triple zero hero when on the Great Western Highway he managed to stop all traffic by blocking the road with his 635 to allow a confused Echidna (spiny ant eater) cross the road safely. Steve Irwin would have been proud.
Thanks to everyone, good roads, good company.
Regards,
Allan
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

MrE wrote:Good work boys,

The car's are all looking nice and shiny despite the recent weather. Which one of you lot missed me the most?

Regards,
Ellis.
Note me!!! Although Rosie said she missed you heaps and where was that handsome looking Ben bloke??!
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

G'day Gents!

Would of loved to come on this but just couldn't get away.

Ellis, I missed ya mate and I wasn't even there.

Looks like another perla of a journey and that Abercrombie Rd sounds like something I will have to check out!

Alex,

Good to see you are still about mate.

Hope to be able to come along on a drive again soon!

cheers
Stu
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

I must say, it is incredibly heartwarming to hear just how many people did miss me. Ben, Stu, Rosie, I'm thinking of you right now.

I know for a fact that the other boys missed me too. I had my high powered UHF transceiver device scanning all channels on Saturday and I could hear their miscellaneous banter quite loudly and quite clearly. They were talking about me, talking about me a lot.

So who wants to come to the Nation's Capital for their next cruise?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:

So who wants to come to the Nation's Capital for their next cruise?
Sounds a plan. First weekend in November will be out as it's the Gong Ride and from late that month i'm most likely in Newcastle until Christmas. The 2nd weekend of November might be best for me but see what everybody else wants to do. To be honest i doubt if anyone wants to see your scurvy face again so it might be just you and me anyway.

Kind regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Scurvy face? Scurvy face!

Allow me to pull this ace I have up my sleeve here, and remind you that I still hold camera phone pictures of your face drunk as a fiddler's bitch, pre-hungovered, well beyond useless, porcelain-ready, both eyes in one socket, lit up like Christmas, which I can share with the world wide world at the drop of a hat.

Just say the word my friend, just say the word, I leave the ball in your court.

That said, I welcome you to Capital City.
Serco

run

Post by Serco »

Now that's what I miss, dribble!
Team Serco's in as long as we can see snow!
Regards,
Allan
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

MrE wrote:Scurvy face? Scurvy face!

Allow me to pull this ace I have up my sleeve here, and remind you that I still hold camera phone pictures of your face drunk as a fiddler's bitch, pre-hungovered, well beyond useless, porcelain-ready, both eyes in one socket, lit up like Christmas, which I can share with the world wide world at the drop of a hat.

Just say the word my friend, just say the word, I leave the ball in your court.

That said, I welcome you to Capital City.
You're a good man Ellis, a good man.