Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

rmorin49

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Post by rmorin49 »

The BMW car corral at this event will feature the E24 this year. There is a drive on Friday followed by 2 days of racing and car shows. The local BMWCCA chapter has a block of hotel rooms reserved.

Go to this website for information and registration:

http://www.alleghenybmwcca.org/
DesktopDave

Post by DesktopDave »

I'll have to stop by this year. The Vintage Grand Prix is a pretty big deal around here. IIRC a couple years ago BMW was the featured marque.
gaspump

Post by gaspump »

As of today, I plan to be there. Got to plan the event leaving Road America, driving around the lakes, ending up in Pittsburg. See you then.
markh

Post by markh »

I'm planning to leave the Chicago NW suburbs very early Thursday morning for the PVGP. Anyone along the way interested in a caravan?

Mark
1988 ///M Zinno/Lotus 70K miles
Bill F

Post by Bill F »

We will be leaving Lexington KY some time in the AM of the 19th, driving through Cincinnati, Columbus, and then into PA. We're staying at the BMWCCA host hotel The COmfort Inn & Suites on Rt 28. Hope to see you all there.
rmorin49

Post by rmorin49 »

About 20 E24 cars showed up today at the host motel for the local BMW CCA chapter. Most will be on the show field tomorrow. Mine will be up for sale. If you are interested in a Shark, come on over as there are a lot of nice ones to drool over. Took a 150 mile ride today up into the hills north of Pittsburgh to a little town, Foxburg, that sits right on the Allegeny River. Hoping for good weather tomorrow.
rmorin49

Post by rmorin49 »

About 20 E24 cars showed up today at the host motel for the local BMW CCA chapter. Most will be on the show field tomorrow. Mine will be up for sale. If you are interested in a Shark, come on over as there are a lot of nice ones to drool over. Took a 150 mile ride today up into the hills north of Pittsburgh to a little town, Foxburg, that sits right on the Allegeny River. Hoping for good weather tomorrow.
rmorin49

Post by rmorin49 »

rmorin49

Post by rmorin49 »

After spending a long weekend with a bunch of other Shark owners I am having second and third thoughts about selling mine. Picked up a lot of good tips on maintenance and repair as well as encouragement to keep my car. Found out that I can probably do a decent job repairing my driver's seat with a leather repair kit. Thanks to all who showed up, it was a great weekend.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any pix from Sharks in the Park?!?

Post by GRNSHRK »

Saw the event advertised in the Roundel, as our beloved Sharks were the featured model, IIRC :-k

So, let's have a look at those 20 beautiful examples :wink:

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black