Bay Area weekend drive planning/interest

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

kronus

Post by kronus »

they're looking pretty good! you should have a PM with details, let me know if you don't.
Abaddon Volac

Post by Abaddon Volac »

Will be able to make it out. Have many leftover parts from my B35 swap, so I'll throw 'em in the trunk. If anyone's interested, I'm letting them go cheap.
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

Really looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone tomorrow!

:D
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Hey, people. I had a BITCH of a time today with changing my front brake disks. The little bolt that holds the disk to the hub stripped out on the driver side. #-o I had to drill it, then use an extractor, but the head came off and part of the edge of the bolt was still jamming on the disk. So then I had to pop off the hub nut dust cap to use my big 3 jaw puller to yank off the damn disk. Since that bolt just holds the disk to the hub while you bolt on the caliper and wheel, I just loctited in the remaining stub and used it to hold things aligned while I bolted on the wheel. I sure could have used a helper while I tried to put the damn caliper on. The disk flopping around was a pain in the ass. MAN what a drag! A one hour job became a three hour ordeal. :roll:

At any rate, I need a couple of the small bolts that hold the disk to the hub. If anyone has a couple (or can get them on the way there) I would happily take them off your hands. I will likely get there closer to 11:00, but I am SOOOOOO down for some good tacos. See everyone tomorrow.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
kronus

Post by kronus »

Hello all. Today i fucked up my right eye by say hello to a rapidly movimg bungee cord. I recently returned from the er and will be ok, but cannot drive and need to stay in bed.

You all can still meet in the shop parking lot, i guess, since this wont make it to you all. Have a good meet if you do.

D
kronus

Post by kronus »

If someone could actually pm everyone that would be super..
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

D: Really sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to know you will be ok. You will be missed!

I will be there this morning at 10:30 am, as originally planned. I hope to meet as many Bay Area Big Coupe members as possible.
kronus

Post by kronus »

Post photos! Sending you a pm
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

On my way people. See everyone in a bit.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Abaddon Volac

Post by Abaddon Volac »

Great meeting everyone, some beautiful examples showed up. As Brett mentioned, Dmitriy, we wish you the best with your eyeball.

Got just a couple pictures that don't cover all of the cars, but here's what I got:

Da_Hose and Tommy were parked on the other side.
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Nice seeing folks today. Had some good conversation and some GREAT lunch.

Damn. Just saw why Dimitriy wasn't there. Sorry you got hurt, but glad you will be ok. Take care mang.

See everyone soon.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

A few more pics taken just before lunch.

Also, Tommy's car can been seen in the reflection off Pat's hood :D (In the first pic that Abaddon posted)

Very enjoyable 6er meet up! My first. Was great meeting all these "Legends of Big Coupe" and putting faces to Avatars. Thanks all!
Attachments
133.JPG
133.JPG (438.51 KiB) Viewed 10897 times
132.JPG
132.JPG (476 KiB) Viewed 10897 times
131.JPG
131.JPG (484.88 KiB) Viewed 10897 times
130.JPG
130.JPG (450.85 KiB) Viewed 10897 times
Last edited by BMW187 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, great time was had!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

Very sorry to hear about Dmitriy's eye when I arrived, obviously we are all hoping for s speedy recovery [-o<

Met some new people, renewed long friendships with others, it never gets old when there are a bunch of shiny 6ers inthe parking lot :P

And Ralph, FINALLY got rid of those seat skins :shock:

Yes, Jose now has them in his hot little hands :roll:

I see that Jose has already posted for a meet in June, please people, come on out and see how friendly we really are :lol:

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Tommys 89 635

Post by Tommys 89 635 »

Nice to catch up and always nice to meet new folks.
Tommy
1989 635 CSI (Second owner since Jun 1995, driven daily and retired in 2013 with 295k to occasional driving)
2011 335D (Daily driver) with 103,550