Bay Area weekend drive planning/interest

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

kronus

Bay Area weekend drive planning/interest

Post by kronus »

Hey sharkfolks, the weather in the Bay Area is starting to look good again. We should have ourselves a drive on a weekend morning! Depending on the amount of people that turn up, we can then adjourn to my garage in Belmont, talk about BMWs, trade some parts, have some beers, maybe whip the grill out, etc, etc.

I'm going to try to figure out a route that will probably center around the peninsula, since that's pretty central for us in the Bay. My ideas so far involve Skyline, the PCH, and the various backroads between the two.

What I need from you guys is an idea about which days work well, and how long of a drive we're down to do. Thinking somewhere 2-3 weeks out from now.

I know we have some new members in the area, as well as old members I haven't had a chance to meet, and I'm not sure if everyone will see this thread, so if you know someone local that's on here but unlikely to see this thread, let them know!
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Let's do it!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

Hey Dmitriy,

Yes, time to "try" and get the bay area locals together :roll:

I like the idea of meeting at your shop, central to the penninsula which should help, and parking room :-k

Grilling and party later as well :lol:

See what you can put together for a plan, I'll work on the locals that don't frequent the board, once we have a plan :wink:

:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Tinkerer007

Post by Tinkerer007 »

I think a Sunday works best for me as I have baseball for my boys most Saturdays.

Thanks,
Bob
1984 Euro 635 (A quarter of a million miles and counting)
UUC short shift kit
Mason Engineering Strut Tower Braces
Steve Haygood 25mm / 19mm Sway Bars
'88 Exhaust System (nice and quiet)
BBS 16x8 Style 5s
KMAC Rear Adjustable Camber
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

Love the idea and I would really like to be a part of this. Would be awesome to finally meet in person some of the other Bay Area 6er crowd. I won't be back in the Bay Area until after April 23rd. Then I have a short trip during the first week of May. Would April 27th or 28th be a possibility?
ecleaver

Post by ecleaver »

I'm a new member and new owner of 1987 e24. I'm interested in attending a Bay area sharkfest on a Sunday. My car is a bit rough but I would attend.
ecleaver

Post by ecleaver »

Double post. Sorry guys
Last edited by ecleaver on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cars & Coffee South Bay, Saturday!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

Gents, this coming Saturday (April 13th) the GG Chapter of the CCA will hold its monthly Cars & Coffee, maybe a chance for a few of us to meet :-k

The location is the Starbucks on the corner of Homestead and Lawrence Expy, I think they usually meet from 9 to 12:00 or something like that :roll:

I have yet to hit one of these myself, but keep "threatening" to #-o

Think about it, really going to try and make it this time :lol:

Bobbo
kronus

Post by kronus »

some posts, nice! Late april works for me, but the coming two weekends don't.

So, let's shoot for the morning of Sunday the 28th?
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

Perfect! It's on my calendar and I will be there. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. =D>
Sharkysix

Post by Sharkysix »

i am very interested myself. i will keep the 28 open
kronus

Post by kronus »

Right on. Plan/route/map coming up. I'm thinking meet at 101/84, up 84 to Alice's for coffee, down alpine, through pescadero, across the 1, up 92 and down ralston. Should be a nice ~1.5 hour run.
BMW187

Post by BMW187 »

kronus wrote:Right on. Plan/route/map coming up. I'm thinking meet at 101/84, up 84 to Alice's for coffee, down alpine, through pescadero, across the 1, up 92 and down ralston. Should be a nice ~1.5 hour run.
Sounds Perfect. Can't wait. Please post the details when able. I WILL be there!
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Dammit, people. I'm in Napa. Just getting to you is a couple hours. I don't know that I could make a morning drive, but I maybe I could stop in and say hey at the garage.

I still need to get those skins from you anyhoo, Bobbo.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thinking about doing the same thing . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

Not sure if I will be able to make the drive and all that, but do want to meet with some of the new locals, "meet and greet" as they say :wink:

And yes Jose, I too want to get those seat skins in your hands :roll:

Gonna ping Dmitriy and see how things are shaping up, will post (or have him post) the latest :lol:

Bobbo
kronus

Post by kronus »

been in the shop all weekend, will see if I can crank out a map at lunch. today's pretty crazy.
kronus

Post by kronus »

Bobbo's just let me know that there's going to be an event in Half Moon Bay saturday-sunday, which is probably going to constrict the already-heavily-trafficked 92 junction into a standstill mess. This unfortunately cuts down on the available routes.

Here's a route that hits Page Mill, Skyline, and King's Mountain Road:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Page ... 4&t=m&z=12

about an hour and a half, medium difficulty but we're not out there to race. If we start at 10, this puts us next to the shop around lunchtime. There's a nearby taqueria, and I have a janky old grill.

-or-

we can just meet at the shop between 10:30 and 11, swap some parts, check out our cars and go get lunch. Whoever's up for it can join the drive after lunch.
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Either way, I would be down for the meet and greet in Belmont. You will never hear me turn down a taqueria.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
cgpiper

Post by cgpiper »

Dang, I already have the weekend covered... but the distance is also a bit daunting for a one-day drive. Have fun, you guys!

Maybe a Bay Area drive someday... (I'm in south Sacramento County).
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

the M is still at the shop, so will not be able to make it. I have a feeling the shop likes to see it hanging around in the #1 bay. One of these days, I will be able to meet everyone in person. 8)
Last edited by World-Class6 on Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
85 M635 Schwarz (Found a new home in L.A.)
95 MBZ E36 AMG Coupe widebody Polar White
88 BMW E28 535is White
2000 Jaguar XJR Anthracite
2016 GMC Sierra Double Cab SLT- All Terrain Black
-------------------------------------------------------
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

So do we have a "schedule" for the day and an address for the shop?

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
kronus

Post by kronus »

yeah, I think we're going to go with the just-meet-at-the-shop-at-first option.

so, let's say 10:30AM on sunday?

I'll PM details to everyone in this thread, would prefer not to have the shop address out public.
kronus

Post by kronus »

details sent!

Invite along anyone else you might know that's got an e24!
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Last call Bay Area people!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

Come on out for a short meet and greet, Sunday morning at 10:30 in Belmont :lol:

This will be very informal, meeting at Dmitriy's shop, details will be sent to you via PM if you post interest here :-?

Probably do a lunch after, also maybe a parts swap, so if you've got parts you are trying to unload, throw 'em in your trunk :roll:

And yes, Jose, I will have the seat skins in my trunk #-o

Hoping to see a nice turnout 8)

Bobbo
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! Old cow ..... yum! Can't wait to turn them into patterns. :wink:

Although ..... I was talking about recovering my dash with a local upholstery shop that was giving me some INCREDIBLY reasonable quotes. I plan to do a custom center section out of alcantara or microfiber, but maybe I could save the time of making my own bolsters. Hmmmmmmm......... :-k

See you's mugs on Sunday. 8)

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Sharkysix

Post by Sharkysix »

How are things looking for sunday? i should br able to make it but i might be in my e30 since the 635 is torn apart :(