Berkeley Euro meet at the Marina

Pictures and talk about US fests and gatherings with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Berkeley Euro meet at the Marina

Post by Da_Hose »

It's not specifically a Sharkfest, but the big Euro meet is happening this month. Here is a link to the post on Bimmerforums. They get a good mix of cars, including a few 2002's.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... t-01-17-15

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Noct

Post by Noct »

Wish I could be there
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

The police came and chased us off early, but it was a packed lot. Some interesting stuff too. There was a beautifully restored 2800CS and also a really nice 3.0.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Da_Hose wrote:The police came and chased us off early, but it was a packed lot. Some interesting stuff too. There was a beautifully restored 2800CS and also a really nice 3.0.

Jose
Why on earth would they do that Jose ? Is there a law there against meeting up in a public place ?
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Well, technically you are supposed to get permits for large gatherings, although it was a parking lot and we were double parked all over. Nobody minded of course, but maybe the density of vehicles and the double parking were the excuse to chase everyone off.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Noct

Post by Noct »

Oh, I thought this was a big permitted thing. There is a big carshow somewhere in Richmond near the Harbor Rd, isn't there? Or is this unofficial meet an annual thing I heard of before?
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

The marina meet might be the one you heard of. It is a yearly thing.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Noct

Post by Noct »

Know of any official local shows coming up?
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Nothing I am aware of on the horizon, but I am communicating with one of the guys from Sonoma and we want to organize something in our area. Maybe a drive around Lake Berryessa. I did that last year and the loop all the way around to Clearlake makes for a pretty good day.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car