Nightmare time with Bavarian Retro

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

arif

Nightmare time with Bavarian Retro

Post by arif »

Anyone else had trouble getting their money back from Bavarian Retro?

I paid for a couple of items that never got delivered and now I keep getting told you'll get your money today for the last two days.
arif

Post by arif »

Update: still no money returned to me and now Boyd will not pick up the phone.....small claims court time..
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paging moderator Ron to the 6er phone . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

Ron, any chance you can check this out and see if you can find out what happened to Boyd :-k

Surely he's on a golf course somewhere chasing dimpled balls around #-o

Thanks in advance 8)

:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

I'm not having a lot of luck in contacting him either!!

Will try some more and report back.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

I have to say that I've done business with Boyd several times with no problems - and one of them was the Ava Turbo which I purchased sight unseen, which Boyd then stored for me for several months before arranging delivery to me.

Give him time to sort this out.
arif

Post by arif »

In fairness I paid him on the 7th of June so I think that's plenty of time. Plus he's the one that told he would refund me my money on two separate occasions. :roll:
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

arif wrote:In fairness I paid him on the 7th of June so I think that's plenty of time. Plus he's the one that told he would refund me my money on two separate occasions. :roll:
You said yesterday "now I keep getting told you'll get your money today for the last two days."

.......................so give the guy a chance. He's been supplying people on this forum for years - and you've been a member for three weeks :roll:
arif

Post by arif »

Pod this isn't the first time I've been on a forum or the first time I have asked for a refund for an item. I can totally understand giving someone a chance but when you make a purchase from a business you can at least expect a professional service.

He may also have been providing a service to this forum for many years but I can only judge a person on my experience with them.

Anyway to prevent the original point of this post from being forgotten this is my feedback of a seller/vendee.
TagoraSX

Post by TagoraSX »

After his antics on Wednesday I'm not surprised he's lying low.

Nightmare sums it up perfectly.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Boyd informs me that he has sent you the refund.

Please confirm if you have received it.
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
arif

Post by arif »

Thank you Ron. Just checked my account and yes he has. Thank you for letting me know.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Paging moderator Ron to the 6er phone . . .

Post by ron »

GRNSHRK wrote:Ron, any chance you can check this out and see if you can find out what happened to Boyd :-k

Surely he's on a golf course somewhere chasing dimpled balls around #-o

Thanks in advance 8)

All sorted Bobbo. He hasn't been on the golf course as he has lost the end of a finger. OUCH!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ooh, ouch is right!!!

Post by GRNSHRK »

But thanks for the chase Ron, it's great having you guys so close knit, across the pond =D>

Hope all's well otherwise :shock:

Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
GIR

Post by GIR »

I have been trying to get my parts released for months, he does not pick up his phone or reply to emails. Currently he is delaying my restoration by several months. He claims that the parts are in Ayr but I have been waiting since June. Items include Gearbox, full suspension and a LSD. Any advice?
arif

Post by arif »

Ron was able to get through to him and get me my refund. =D>

You can try and pm Ron and see if he is able to help.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Will see what I can achieve.
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
GIR

Post by GIR »

Thanks very much Ron. I really want a tidy resolution so I can use him for parts on the restoration and give him the business rather then pay a fortune on shipping with people I don't know.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

He is now apparently out of the UK until the end of October!!

Have sent him an e-mail requesting urgent contact.
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

Another slightly one sided description of events.

So, having had me store your stuff for you at your request and at your convenience free of charge for at least three years and having picked my brains on more than one occasion and having had me travel to a storage location to remove an ECU from a running car to lend you (also free of charge) until you could test yours and source another from someone else, I'm expected to retrieve your stuff at your convenience?

I haven't heard from you for some weeks. I did tell you that I hadn't been able to get to my store to get your stuff from storage and I have not heard from you since. That was some weeks ago.

As Ron says, I'm away till the end of October and had you actually phoned me, you would know that in the same way Ron does - presumably by listening to my voicemail message.

Your stuff is now at my premises and can be collected after the beginning of November.

Thanks for the pointer, Ron.
GIR

Post by GIR »

cecotto479 wrote:Another slightly one sided description of events.

So, having had me store your stuff for you at your request and at your convenience free of charge for at least three years and having picked my brains on more than one occasion and having had me travel to a storage location to remove an ECU from a running car to lend you (also free of charge) until you could test yours and source another from someone else, I'm expected to retrieve your stuff at your convenience?

I haven't heard from you for some weeks. I did tell you that I hadn't been able to get to my store to get your stuff from storage and I have not heard from you since. That was some weeks ago.

As Ron says, I'm away till the end of October and had you actually phoned me, you would know that in the same way Ron does - presumably by listening to my voicemail message.

Your stuff is now at my premises and can be collected after the beginning of November.

Thanks for the pointer, Ron.
Thanks for getting back, ill let my guys know where to pick up the stuff. I was appreciative of the assistance you gave, however I have tried calling, texting and emailing along side dealings with the people restoring my e24 with no success. the last email I got from you was on the ‎31/‎07/‎2015 as you couldn't get to your locker to which I replied on the 5/08/15 and had heard nothing since then.

I have a lot of parts to source can we just put it behind us?
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

As I said, I hadn't heard from you since that email.

Anyway, anytime from the first Monday in November will be fine. Just phone or text first please just to confirm we'll be there.
brbuild

Re: Nightmare time with Bavarian Retro

Post by brbuild »

I wish I had seen this post earlier. This Boyd character is a liar, not sure how he stays in business. I sent him 400.00 in good faith (my fault) for parts he never sent. 5 months of excuses, promises and lies. Don't waste your time with him!!!
arif

Post by arif »

I am all for giving people a chance and thought my previous dealing with him may have been a one off so I tried again.......more fool me! REMEMBER the saying "once bitten, twice shy"

Whoever's having problems with him needs to go through the Scottish small claims court. I did and won.

I got all my money back including any costs incurred during the money recovery process.

Don't waste your time chasing his web of lies. If you are unfortunate enough to be tricked by him just try and contact him a few times and if (which is probably going to be the case) you don't get anywhere with him take it to court.
1989 635csi Highline
Alpine White
Lotus White Interior

1989 m535i
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

arif wrote:I am all for giving people a chance and thought my previous dealing with him may have been a one off so I tried again.......more fool me! REMEMBER the saying "once bitten, twice shy"

Whoever's having problems with him needs to go through the Scottish small claims court. I did and won.

I got all my money back including any costs incurred during the money recovery process.

Don't waste your time chasing his web of lies. If you are unfortunate enough to be tricked by him just try and contact him a few times and if (which is probably going to be the case) you don't get anywhere with him take it to court.

Yet another example of Boyd's lack of character and his sociopathic behavior. Here is my Boyd lesson:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=27754

Wonder if I can file against him in a Scottish court but he's extended his fraud to international boundaries...
Billy
brbuild

Post by brbuild »

I had wired this fraud funds for parts he was going to ship me right away. That was over five months ago and he continues to come up with every excuse in the book.

Do not do business with him under any circumstances !!! ( other that maybe him sending you the parts prior to paying, which I'm sure would never happen)