Negative Review: Beware Irish E24 owners.

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Bayerische

Negative Review: Beware Irish E24 owners.

Post by Bayerische »

I had the misfortune recently to deal with Bert Glorney based in Cork, Ireland.

This is his ad.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for ... e/11324208

I had agreed to purchase Trim pieces from him. He described them on the phone to me as being 8/10. When I received the parts they were 4/10 at best being heavily scratched. Some of the parts had paint over spray and under seal on them. The parts are unuseable on my car as my car is in near perfect condition cosmetically. I paid a lot for the parts as some of the parts are NLA and he described them as being in near perfect condition.

I have tried to contact Mr Glorney a number of times now to try and get my money back but he refuses to answer my calls or engage with me in any way.

Do not deal with this guy, he cannot be trusted.
Last edited by Bayerische on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
89 M635CSi no.524 RHD
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Negative for Bert Glorney

Post by olympia57 »

I was the person who told Nick about Bert Glorney .
I have never met BG and have only spoken to him on the 'phone ,ironically whilst I was trying to locate one sill side trim myself.
I never purchased from him and only gave Nick his number as I knew BG had the trims he was seeking.
I've apologised to Nick and have already notified another Irish E24 owner about this .
1981 635 series 1