Genuine Autoparts

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

guido

Genuine Autoparts

Post by guido »

Relates to this site: www.genuineautoparts.com

A couple of weeks ago I put an order in with Genuine Autoparts for the rear left hand light seal and the rear left and right light supports, just to see if they could stock what all other suppliers haven't been able to.
I heard nothing from them but payment had been taken, so I phoned to check the status and was told by a rep based in Australia that 2 of the parts, the seal and the left hand side support were in stock. I queried this, as I had recently spoken with division head at BMW responsible for the remanufacture of classic parts, who said the seal was still in testing after a failed first run. The guy from GAP said no, it's here on the desk in front of me.
Today I get an order update to say only one part is available, the right hand side support..I can't say that my experience with Genuine Autoparts is great so far.
Their call centre is based in Australia, with warehouses in Germany and an office in London..apparently. Look forward to seeing if the support is genuine OEM or not.
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Genuine Autoparts

Post by sansouci »

Now THAT is very interesting....
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)