Liar & Thief: Boyd Beattie/Bavarian Retro Cars/Cecotto

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wab_jr

Liar & Thief: Boyd Beattie/Bavarian Retro Cars/Cecotto

Post by wab_jr »

BEWARE!

On November 4, 2015 (yes, 2015!), Boyd Beattie/Cecotto/Bavarian Retro Motors advertised an 84 e24 that he was breaking. I made inquiries regarding the headliner, we struck a deal and I wired the money to him (and he acknowledged receipt). Boyd apparently thought that he did not need to follow through in delivering his side of the transaction. After creating a sham delivery ticket, he proceeded to create excuses and promises on delivery. Then in May, 2016, I finally gave up on receiving the headliner and asked Boyd to refund my money; to which he agreed. Well, it's now October, 2016 and Boyd has, once again, been quite profuse in his excuses and promises (would whinging be appropriate here?).

I have attached a 3 part PDF that chronicles this fantasy transaction. I highly recommend the read, it's creative fiction at it's best- rife with excuses, blame, lies, deceit and theft; the only ingredient missing is sex; wait, a minute, there is sex included in this tale- it's me getting "Fxxxed" or perhaps Boyd-to use a geographically appropriate phrase- buggering me?

So, if you must do business with Boyd Beattie/Cecotto/Bavarian Retro, I strongly suggest that you have the parts in hand prior to payment. Here's a link to his Facebook reviews (too bad I found this after I sent the money):

https://www.facebook.com/bavarianretro/ ... 5%22%7D%7D

I'll be curious to see if or how Boyd responds; I need another chapter to add to this odyssey.

Billy
Attachments
HEADLINER_EXCUSES PART 1a.pdf
(854.74 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
RE_ Headlining_E24 EXCUSES PART 2_.pdf
(47.1 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
HEADLINER EXCUSES PART 3.pdf
(142.8 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
wab_jr

Re: Liar & Thief: Boyd Beattie/Bavarian Retro Cars/Cecotto

Post by wab_jr »

As an update on the continuing lies from Boyd Beattie/Cecotto/Bavarian Retro Cars:

Here is the email that I sent him after being notified that the bank had closed the request:

"On 6 Oct 2016 3:22 p.m., "Billy Browne" <[email protected]> wrote:
Boyd-
Again, you have failed to honor your word and take the necessary action to refund my monies.

Per Regions Wire Research Team:
The receiving Bank has stated they are unable to get an authorization from the Beneficiary to return the wire.

I do not understand why you want to keep something that is not yours? It is becoming apparent that your word, actions and honor mean nothing to you and that you want to benefit by taking advantage of others. I am sorry that I ever believed that you are a man of honor and as I review social comments about your business practices, I am coming to understand that this is how you choose to do business.
I regret that you have chosen such a miserable way to live.
Billy"

After I got that message, I sent Boyd another e-mail and here is his response from Thursday, 10/6/16 (after he had promised to deliver the approved form on Monday):

"Settle down, Billy,
I dropped the signed form off at the bank this morning.
I'm sure they'll expedite it.
Best regards,
Boyd"

I truly like the "Settle down" command; heck, he's only been lying and cheating me since November, 2015.
Perhaps I should trust him...
BTW- I have checked with my bank and there is no record of Boyd having dropped off the signed form as of today, 10/7/16-
Dan101smith

Post by Dan101smith »

Wow, interesting email chain.

It's pretty clear from not very far in that there was never an intention to supply a headliner or a refund. I feel for you, and hope others find this post before placing an order.
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

The charade continues with the following:
Let's do the calendar math:

10/3/16:
Boyd promised to return the form on.
10/5/16:
Bank confirms that they have been unable to get an authorization and Boyd's bank has closed the request.
10/6/16:
Per Boyd: Thursday, 10/6/16 (after he had promised to deliver the approved form on 10/3/16,Monday):
"Settle down, Billy,
I dropped the signed form off at the bank this morning.
I'm sure they'll expedite it.
Best regards,
Boyd"

10/12/16:
Oct 12, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Boyd Beattie <[email protected]> wrote:
I returned the consent form, when I told you I did.
Please ask your bank to check the status again or perhaps even initiate a new request.
Best regards,
Boyd

I'm confused. Didn't Boyd promise to "drop off the signed form" at his bank on Monday, 10/3/16?
So it must be the bank that is lying?
Initiate a new request when his bank has closed the case and has responded with:
"Per Regions Wire Research Team:
The receiving Bank has stated they are unable to get an authorization from the Beneficiary to return the wire. They have close the case on this issue.
Regions Bank cannot force the receiving Bank to return the funds. You will have to contact the Beneficiary to return the funds."

What a sociopath. I can't imagine what his family has to endure.
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

I find this very sad reading and am surprised at BB's absence of response being very vociferous in his own defence many times in the past, but then again your e mail trail is pretty comprehensive .
I do hope you eventually succeed in getting some sort of resolution to this stramash ( I too am Scottish from the same area and town as BB :wink: ) and let's just hope that it has just been another unfortunate series of circumstances beyond his control..
1981 635 series 1
Skank

Post by Skank »

Had the same problems with him. Quick to take the money and then just lies. Took 6 months and the threat of violence to get my money back. Total scumbag.
1986 635CSi Euro
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

Skank wrote:Had the same problems with him. Quick to take the money and then just lies. Took 6 months and the threat of violence to get my money back. Total scumbag.
Coward is another adjective that can go in the Boyd Beattie/Cecotto/Bavarian Retro Cars dictionary. Excuses and no action- poor baby!
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Obviously each person has to report their individual dealings, such as they are.

As I've said before, I bought the AVA Turbo from Boyd, which he stored free of charge for many months; then a complete tool set which was delivered promptly. I've had absolutely no problems with him at all!
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

Pod wrote:Obviously each person has to report their individual dealings, such as they are.

As I've said before, I bought the AVA Turbo from Boyd, which he stored free of charge for many months; then a complete tool set which was delivered promptly. I've had absolutely no problems with him at all!

I only wish that I could have posted the same experience. However, my experience is anything like yours and I have given him every opportunity to make this right.
Billy
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

So, here we are in early November, 2016 and fast approaching the anniversary date of when this debacle began. I am not surprised by Boyd Beattie's failure to respond or to make good on his word.
He lacks anything that passes as character, honor and dignity.
Billy
pistNbroke

Post by pistNbroke »

I ordered various parts from Mr Beattie, expected delivery same week, he sounded honest and helpful when he took my money.

After 3 months of chasing and many broken promises parts arrived....

Sill mouldings 2mtrs long not strapped to piece of wood or in tube so damaged beyond repair in transit by courier, same problem with rear bumper top moulding.

The boot lamp ordered arrived as a pair of number plate lamps?

The 2 rear qtr mouldings were short enough not to be damaged but were wrong type!

I sent Boyd Beattie photos and he accepted the mouldings were f**ked, I told him to claim off courier even although the problem was really down to them not being packed properly.

I was told he would sort it all out the next day and get back to me... he didn't.

I week later After more emails and phone calls he again said he would deal with it the next day... he didn't.

4 weeks ago I sent him a recorded letter advising he needed to send me parts or refund within 2 weeks or I will be taking legal action through the small claims court.

I have had no response in any way from Mr Beattie and will now start the process of taking legal action, I strongly suggest others who have had bad dealings with this guy do the same.
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

pistNbroke wrote:I ordered various parts from Mr Beattie, expected delivery same week, he sounded honest and helpful when he took my money.

After 3 months of chasing and many broken promises parts arrived....

Sill mouldings 2mtrs long not strapped to piece of wood or in tube so damaged beyond repair in transit by courier, same problem with rear bumper top moulding.

The boot lamp ordered arrived as a pair of number plate lamps?

The 2 rear qtr mouldings were short enough not to be damaged but were wrong type!

I sent Boyd Beattie photos and he accepted the mouldings were f**ked, I told him to claim off courier even although the problem was really down to them not being packed properly.

I was told he would sort it all out the next day and get back to me... he didn't.

I week later After more emails and phone calls he again said he would deal with it the next day... he didn't.

4 weeks ago I sent him a recorded letter advising he needed to send me parts or refund within 2 weeks or I will be taking legal action through the small claims court.

I have had no response in any way from Mr Beattie and will now start the process of taking legal action, I strongly suggest others who have had bad dealings with this guy do the same.

Please use my story as evidence when you go to court. This is a pattern of behavior that is deliberate, not some unintentional consequence.
Also, I would strongly recommend that you take a screen shot of the Facebook reviews page to support your claims:
https://www.facebook.com/bavarianretro/reviews/

Boyd Beattie is a pathetic sociopath that preys on the honor and integrity of others.
Billy
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

My policy is to use Paypal for any transaction over $100 and pay the fees for insurance.

It's an Easy way to Cover your ASS.

Any user not willing to use paypal...... Go somewhere else....

I've made 3+ claims of people with bad products or no products delivered and I got my money (over $1000) back quickly from Paypal.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

brickwhite wrote:My policy is to use Paypal for any transaction over $100 and pay the fees for insurance.

It's an Easy way to Cover your ASS.

Any user not willing to use paypal...... Go somewhere else....

I've made 3+ claims of people with bad products or no products delivered and I got my money (over $1000) back quickly from Paypal.
Boyd's claim not to have PayPal should have been my first danger signal. I thought that the wire transfer would give me some options which it did but required that Boyd/Bavarian Retro agree to the refund (which he said he did, but in reality it was one more lie). It's been a year now (this week) that Boyd began this deception and theft; I wonder how he lives with himself knowing that he's a fraud & a thief.
Billy
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

Is this still not resolved ....?
1981 635 series 1
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

olympia57 wrote:Is this still not resolved ....?
In a word, No.
Boyd has failed to honor his word and is not responding.
I cannot stress what a lying cheat this person is.
Billy
wab_jr

Post by wab_jr »

It's now officially been ONE YEAR since Boyd Beattie initiated his fraud. I cannot over-emphasize what a liar, cheat, thief & COWARD Boyd Beattie/Cecotto/Bavarian Retro Cars is.

Boyd- I can't imagine how your family lives with your shame!
Billy